Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 10:13 AM

117 posts, read 235,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Slogan???? I wrote that myself..It rings true because it's the truth.
WHAT that is what he has all over his commerials you repeated what he has as his slogan ....do your research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 10:15 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,479,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Is that really the best you can do? Resort to the "joe the plumber" attack routine???
At least Joe had something meaningful to say. You never do.

Shoe fly don't bother me LOL!!!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2008, 10:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
He's not even a plumber..He's a registered Republican who is known to frequent right-wing radio talk shows. Get off the plumber thing..Probably another McCain gimmick. Anyway, have fun voting your life away.
Really? And exactly HOW did B.O. end up in his neighborhood talking to HIM? And how exactly does who he talks to change ANYTHING that was in the conversation? It's still a valid question and answer.
You see, that's exactly what I mean, attack the questioner not debate the question... Sounds like someone's been reading a little too much daily kos...

Old 10-18-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrogers22 View Post
WHAT that is what he has all over his commerials you repeated what he has as his slogan ....do your research.
I must be good then because I've never heard it and I don't research campaign slogans..If you do, please tape the letter "L" on your forehead now.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:19 AM

543 posts, read 1,228,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I really don't understand why people are voting for McCain. Do they "really" think this man is gonna do anything for them?
No kidding! Do people want a 'hot head' with his finger on the button? Just make him mad and there goes the world!
I want an even tempered, intelligent president with a plan to help the middle class, (the majority) and not just the few! Millionaires can afford to pay more!

Old 10-18-2008, 10:23 AM

117 posts, read 235,146 times
Keep the focus , dont think about the people he surrounds himself with or his beliefs, just think about how it might get you something, I want some of what they have, but I dont want to go to school and work my a$$ off .
Let them, but I want some , they dont have the right to have so much its not fare.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Really? And exactly HOW did B.O. end up in his neighborhood talking to HIM? And how exactly does who he talks to change ANYTHING that was in the conversation? It's still a valid question and answer.
You see, that's exactly what I mean, attack the questioner not debate the question... Sounds like someone's been reading a little too much daily kos...
It would have been a valid question if it was real. Most plumbers don't make $250,000 and he doesn't. The fact is, if a small business owner built their business to a point where they're earning $250+, what's wrong with them contributing more to help the next guy do the same and on and on. That's the greed that infests this country. I got mine, now you get yours as if "joe" never had help. It's called the crab effect. Once i get to the top of the bushel I'll step on your head to stay there. McBush wants to give the breaks to the crabs at the top of the bushel and hope it trickels down which it hasn't to disastrous effects.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:26 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
What we have isn't good, it's horrific. Obama has a new vision. McCain has no vision.

Tell us what change you think the ill informed senator from Illinois is going to provide for us? Remember he is not privy at the moment to "top secret" info and the info he has he has not done anything with.

Check out about the 5th paragraph down:
Joseph C. Wilson: Obama's Hollow "Judgment" and Empty Record

Old 10-18-2008, 10:26 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
No kidding! Do people want a 'hot head' with his finger on the button? Just make him mad and there goes the world!
I want an even tempered, intelligent president with a plan to help the middle class, (the majority) and not just the few! Millionaires can afford to pay more!
Even tempered? No one really knows who B.O. really is..yet....

Old 10-18-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrogers22 View Post
Keep the focus , dont think about the people he surrounds himself with or his beliefs, just think about how it might get you something, I want some of what they have, but I dont want to go to school and work my a$$ off ,let them but I want some , they dont have the right to have so much its not fare.
Why do republicans make such leaps..handouts. nobody wants handout, just a fair shot. I'm doing very well financially but I realize that this country would be much better off with less poverty and a larger middle class. Not an extremely small upper class, small middle class and enormous class of impoverished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections