Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:06 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times

Advertisements

What a horrible thing, to turn this thread into a Republican-bashfest. You liberals should be ashamed of yourselves. Disgusting, using the death of someone who fought for this country and died for it in such a way. Republicans know patriots when they see them, and Cpl. Khan was indeed a patriot. I don't doubt there is a Republican out there that believes otherwise.

*shaking head in disbelief*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 08:11 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
What a horrible thing, to turn this thread into a Republican-bashfest. You liberals should be ashamed of yourselves. Disgusting, using the death of someone who fought for this country and died for it in such a way. Republicans know patriots when they see them, and Cpl. Khan was indeed a patriot. I don't doubt there is a Republican out there that believes otherwise.

There are, and on this very board. People who think every Muslim cannot be trusted because of the acts of a few.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:12 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post

I so agree, this type of BS is getting old and weary

God Bless Cpl. Khan and I thank him for the ultimate sacrifice...his life...for our country

Old 10-22-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
What? What thread is that going on in?
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by thread in Politics and Controversy forum View Post
It's this sort of tacit approval that makes me wonder what muslims are really about, or at the very least, makes me distrust them because there's so high a percentage of them who are for some reason unwilling to loudly decry these actions.

Sorry if that hurts anyone's feewings.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:13 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
To return to the original thought, I want to thank all those who serve. And I am also thinking of how hard it must have been over all the years for those who have served while knowing that those they serve do not respect them.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:16 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
To return to the original thought, I want to thank all those who serve. And I am also thinking of how hard it must have been over all the years for those who have served while knowing that those they serve do not respect them.
Amen to that

Old 10-22-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Agreed.

There is nothing wrong with being a Muslim, just as there is nothing wrong to be an Atheist or a Hindu.

Everyone is human and people of all colors, creeds and religion are dying in our military right now.

A Muslim name is nothing to be ashamed of.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:18 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,661,482 times
Quote:

There have been both liberals and republicans posting here, why are you painting all posters with the same brush? I have yet to see the most outspoken, so called military person, on this board post a message here respecting what this young man did. He often starts threads using Muslim as a dirty word.

That is what you should be ashamed of. People on both sides have respect for this young man's sacrifice, but some will never see past his religion or name and that has nothing to do with party affiliation.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:22 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
There are, and on this very board. People who think every Muslim cannot be trusted because of the acts of a few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
-

Oh, don't get me wrong--I don't trust a lot of Muslims' motives, mostly in other countries...and I don't like what is happening in places like England and Canada. BUT--Muslims that are in our country working to be AMERICANS--and of course that means in our military, fighting for all of us...now that is something I--and like I said, Republicans-- have NO problem with.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:30 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Well, wasn't Cpl Khan a Muslim? Didn't that fact make him a potential terrorist? If he were alive today and had showed up in McCain/Palin rallies, he'd probably be lynched by the Jesus-loving crowd. That woman who told McCain she feared Obama because he is an "Arab" would probably be among the lynch mob.
Gotta watch that Jesus-loving crowd.

Thanks for the hate speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections