Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:45 PM

4 posts, read 6,259 times

Advertisements

Now imagine if God forbid, McCain dies, since the average life expectancy right now is 75, and hes how 72, the VP will take his place. And guess who's VP from McCain's side; our lovely Sarah Pailin. Now the question is, do we want that for our country? of course not. If that happens, we dont want a person who says that Global Warming is being caused by God. We need someone who could face reality and someone who could make this country a better one; Thats whyy we should vote for Obama.
What do u guys think???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 06:51 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,689,002 times
Sarah Palin Cartoon - AOL Video

Old 10-23-2008, 07:00 PM

543 posts, read 1,456,357 times
I feel safer with Sarah Palin than Obama and gaffe King Biden. She's made decisions, what has Obama done ever? It boggles my mind that some would trust our country to a leftist social engineer with zero experience and convicted terrorist friends.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:15 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
I feel safer with Sarah Palin than Obama and gaffe King Biden. She's made decisions, what has Obama done ever? It boggles my mind that some would trust our country to a leftist social engineer with zero experience and convicted terrorist friends.
Well do some comparisons:

If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're 'exotic, different.'

Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, you are a Quintessential American story.

If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.

If you name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're a maverick.

Graduate from Harvard law School you are unstable.

Attend 5 different small colleges, taking 6 years to earn a 4 year degree, in Journalism no less, you're well grounded.

If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.

If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.

If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.

If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.

If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.

If , while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant , you're very responsible.

If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family values don't represent America 's.

If your husband is nicknamed 'First Dude', with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.

I realize these are only facts, and the use of facts to make decisions is alien to some people, but decisions based in facts usually prove to be the best solution.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:20 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,281,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
It boggles my mind that someone can be so ignorant. Obama, a "leftist social engineer" with "convicted terrorist friends." It never ceases to amaze me how racist some Americans are. And how successful the FOX spin machine is. No thinking person even remotely believes that Sarah Palin would keep this country "safe." Are you out of your mind? The woman is a dimwit.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:21 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,630,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliennnator92 View Post
Now imagine if God forbid, McCain dies, since the average life expectancy right now is 75, and hes how 72, the VP will take his place. And guess who's VP from McCain's side; our lovely Sarah Pailin. Now the question is, do we want that for our country? of course not. If that happens, we dont want a person who says that Global Warming is being caused by God. We need someone who could face reality and someone who could make this country a better one; Thats whyy we should vote for Obama.
What do u guys think???????
But I don't want someone of Obama's questionable, very questionable character right off the bat. I'd much rather have Palin than Obama. Hell, I'd pretty much want anyone other than Obama!

Old 10-23-2008, 07:23 PM

543 posts, read 1,456,357 times
She has run a government... are you nuts? Tell me again, what has Obama done????? He runs away whenever there is a decision to make? Why is she a dimwit, because she is not a polished fake from an Ivy league school?

1,958 posts, read 2,496,023 times
Wow, if obama ODed or died of AIDS Biden who has a history of an exploding head would be in charge. Worse yet, Pelosi would be at the helm, now THAT would be worth the price of admission.

1,577 posts, read 2,661,904 times
Has anyone read her response on the republican platform?

3,528 posts, read 8,630,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
It boggles my mind that someone can be so ignorant. Obama, a "leftist social engineer" with "convicted terrorist friends." It never ceases to amaze me how racist some Americans are. And how successful the FOX spin machine is. No thinking person even remotely believes that Sarah Palin would keep this country "safe." Are you out of your mind? The woman is a dimwit.

Drop the race crap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections