Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 12:50 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
He shot a trespasser who was defacing his property. Who cares what color he was? He was trespassing and he deserved what he got. He isn't dead, he got shot in the arm. I'm a better shot than that. Good thing he doesn't show up on my property.
What planet do you live on?

There isn't a single jurisdiction in the US were use of deadly force is justified in the case of trespass or to stop a misdemeanor act of property damage, much less any moral justification for such behavior.

Signed, conceal weapon carrying liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 12:50 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
"He deserved what he got." Next time someone calls me a name, I'm gonna beat the hell out of him. After all, he deserved what he got, right?
Sure but what if he hits you in the mouf right back or worse? You might want to resort to non violent behavior.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:52 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
He shot a trespasser who was defacing his property. Who cares what color he was? He was trespassing and he deserved what he got. He isn't dead, he got shot in the arm. I'm a better shot than that. Good thing he doesn't show up on my property.
Wow, what a tough guy. Gonna shoot an unarmed kid because he's taking down your free McCain sign? Jeez.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:53 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Since the law allows people to shoot others if the steal, well so be it
If this is true why is the ignorant shooter charged with felonious assault, shooting somebody over the theft of a lawn sign is a bit overkill I would think, hardly reasonable force.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:55 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
What planet do you live on?

There isn't a single jurisdiction in the US were use of deadly force is justified in the case of trespass or to stop a misdemeanor act of property damage, much less any moral justification for such behavior.

Signed, conceal weapon carrying liberal.

(E) Whoever violates this section is guilty of vandalism. Except as otherwise provided in this division, vandalism is a felony of the fifth degree that is punishable by a fine of up to two thousand five hundred dollars in addition to the penalties specified for a felony of the fifth degree in sections 2929.11 to 2929.18 of the Revised Code. If the value of the property or the amount of physical harm involved is five thousand dollars or more but less than one hundred thousand dollars, vandalism is a felony of the fourth degree. If the value of the property or the amount of physical harm involved is one hundred thousand dollars or more, vandalism is a felony of the third degree.

Lawriter - ORC - 2909.05 Vandalism.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:57 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Wow, what a tough guy. Gonna shoot an unarmed kid because he's taking down your free McCain sign? Jeez.
Defacing it and this was one of several times they admitted to.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:59 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Totally agree!

Old 10-29-2008, 01:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Repubs....guns and violence are their ONLY answers......
Love shooting children? My! That's sick! But typical...

I have had many trespassers on my land...I have never felt the need to shoot anyone. But then Democrats and liberals CAN think....so sorry for you.....must be a terrifying life looking out for TRESPASSERS

Old 10-29-2008, 01:02 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Sure but what if he hits you in the mouf right back or worse? You might want to resort to non violent behavior.
First of all, I was making a point as to the stupidity of the shooter's response. Secondly, if I do something as crazy as hit someone, I'm gonna certainly make sure he won't be able to retaliate. That's the Powell Doctrine in action.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:03 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
you mean your fellow criminal? I think that's the word you are looking for. if someone broke into my house and was robbing me, I would kill him. I wouldn't wait for what I didn't know. the man didn't go to the teenagers house to kill him, they came to his house. property rights my friend, property rights.
how about if someone were robbing you of a YARD SIGN? You'd kill him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections