Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 02:06 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,921,422 times

Advertisements

Yep, that is what my broker just told me. Rumors on the street are some internal polling showing the momentum has shifted dramatically to McCain now and those internal polls showing an even race, or even McCain up by a point.

McCain will win this election folks.

Now for the baseless, senseless, one-liner Obama paid supporter attacks.

Bring it!

Won't matter! What we do behind that curtain, in voting for McCain can't be dictated by you looney's, or a late nigh, infomercial traveling salesman called Obama. People are seeing through his fake utopia sales job! All he does is travel around and go down a list of "tell me sweet nothings" and you emotionally driven supporters buy it. Only problem for you is, there are still enough sensible Americans left, who don;t buy into the hype!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 02:08 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,554,284 times
And what would be that good chance be? Maybe you could enlighten us on the electoral map? How can McCain win according to the electoral map?

Old 10-28-2008, 02:09 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,884,175 times
I understand it to be exactly the opposite.

Market surges 900 points as Obama presidency nears.

Better get in while you can!

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Yep, that is what my broker just told me. Rumors on the street are some internal polling showing the momentum has shifted dramatically to McCain now and those internal polls showing an even race, or even McCain up by a point.

McCain will win this election folks.
There's still a slim chance.

Quote:
Now for the baseless, senseless, one-liner Obama paid supporter attacks.

Bring it!

Won't matter! What we do behind that curtain, in voting for McCain can't be dictated by you looney's, or a late nigh, infomercial traveling salesman called Obama. People are seeing through his fake utopia sales job! All he does is travel around and go down a list of "tell me sweet nothings" and you emotionally driven supporters buy it. Only problem for you is, there are still enough sensible Americans left, who don;t buy into the hype!

I predict you'll be very unhappy next week.

NWS

720 posts, read 1,646,186 times
Never listen to anyone at Etrade.
Hint: If they are being paid minimum wage they are not really brokers.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:10 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,161,213 times
Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

Others here on earth think it's because commercial paper is being made available again.

Who should I believe? Someone that attends psychic conventions or Bloomberg? That's a toughie.

9,598 posts, read 16,570,037 times
From AP

NEW YORK — Wall Street made another big late-day move today, barreling higher and lifting the Dow Jones industrials around 900 points as bargain hunters, buying in anticipation of a Federal Reserve rate cut, grabbed stocks that have been pounded lower in recent sessions. All the major indexes were way up.

It has absolutely nothing to do with McCain. If your broker thinks McCain has a chance, I suggest you get a new one. If he can't read polls, electoral maps or sense national trends how is he going to make you money in the market?

11,135 posts, read 14,196,176 times
I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with this:

Quote:
The broad advance occurred as investors were gearing up for an expected interest-rate cut from the Federal Reserve. Policymakers are meeting for two days, with a decision on rates expected to be announced Wednesday afternoon.
Whats next, sun spot activity being linked to the Obama campaign?

Old 10-28-2008, 02:11 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,519 times
This thread is hilarious.

Could it be that the fed is pressuring banks to LEND MONEY and STOP HOARDING CASH!!???

THe upcoming fed rate cut can't hurt either!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:11 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,921,422 times
See, just as predicted, A bunch of emotional one-liners. Worthless responses people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections