Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 08:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15165.html

Quote:
Barack Obama has courted white weekly churchgoers as avidly as any Republican-leaning bloc of voters, though it now appears his efforts may fall flat on Election Day.

The Gallup Poll now shows Obama backed by 28 percent of white voters who attend church at least once a week — a group that makes up a roughly a third of all voters — which would be no improvement from the 29 percent of these voters who, according to exit polls, backed Democrats John Kerry and Al Gore in the previous two presidential election.
Not surprising. I'm surprised someone with his views, position and record on abortion and infanticide gets that much. He has done a good job of hoodwinking and bamboozling the electorate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 08:29 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,641,185 times
This, from a person who complains about others' characterization of the populous. Disdainful of the public much?

Old 11-01-2008, 08:34 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times

Old 11-01-2008, 08:45 PM

213 posts, read 336,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
God gap: No gain for Obama with churchgoers - David Paul Kuhn - Politico.com

Not surprising. I'm surprised someone with his views, position and record on abortion and infanticide gets that much. He has done a good job of hoodwinking and bamboozling the electorate.
Actually, 28% is shocking to me. I cannot believe that any church going person would vote for a man with no respect for the sanctity of life, both unborn and born. I can't even imagine what goes on in the head of a person like obama in choosing to vote against an act that would provide medical care for an infant born after a botched abortion. What kind of cold, vile, degenerate would let a baby die on a metal table without trying to save its life? I can't understand this and don't want to. He is a scary, scary individual and the thought of him anywhere near the White House is horrifying.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:52 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,265 times
Actually, if you do a bit of resaerch on Obama. He was an agnostic when he began his community organizing in Chicago, then he met Father Pfleger who told him he needed to join a church to gain credibility in the black community. He picked out Trinity UCC for him and the rest is history...

Old 11-01-2008, 09:01 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Actually, if you do a bit of resaerch on Obama. He was an agnostic when he began his community organizing in Chicago, then he met Father Pfleger who told him he needed to join a church to gain credibility in the black community. He picked out Trinity UCC for him and the rest is history...
If Obama had been baptized into the Catholic Church, he would have had communion denied shortly after his political career began.

Of course, he found a compatible church with very low standards.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:05 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaS1 View Post
Actually, 28% is shocking to me. I cannot believe that any church going person would vote for a man with no respect for the sanctity of life, both unborn and born. I can't even imagine what goes on in the head of a person like obama in choosing to vote against an act that would provide medical care for an infant born after a botched abortion. What kind of cold, vile, degenerate would let a baby die on a metal table without trying to save its life? I can't understand this and don't want to. He is a scary, scary individual and the thought of him anywhere near the White House is horrifying.
Have you heard of the Hippocratic Oath? Doctors are already required to treat an infant in such a circumstance. The Illinois Abortion Act of 1975 also requires the following:
"Subsequent to the abortion, if a child is born alive, the physician required by Section 6(2)(a) to be in attendance shall exercise the same degree of professional skill, care and diligence to preserve the life and health of the child as would be required of a physician providing immediate medical care to a child born alive in the course of a pregnancy termination which was not an abortion. Any such physician who intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly violates Section 6(2)(b) commits a Class 3 felony."
720*ILCS*510/**Illinois Abortion Law of 1975.

For additional problems with your argument, read here:
FactCheck.org: 'Born Alive' Baloney

I know that facts mean nothing to zealots, but I have hope.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:07 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
God gap: No gain for Obama with churchgoers - David Paul Kuhn - Politico.com

The only people "hoodwinking and bamboozling the electorate" are John McCain and that moron Sarah Palin.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:07 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
If Obama had been baptized into the Catholic Church, he would have had communion denied shortly after his political career began.
Denied communion by a church that endangered children by providing a stalking ground for pedophiles and covering up their crimes? How horrible!!

Old 11-01-2008, 09:12 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
Your links do not refute that Obama opposed the legislation to further protect survivors of abortion. Please show refutation or reason for the opposition to this piece of legislation, if you can find one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections