Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 07:24 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,861,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
I understand the sentiment, but my brother, this is 2008 and while I'm a OG (straight out of South Central) even I won't be digging out James Brown on election night, so how about a little Black Eyed Peas:

Lose control, of body and soul.
Don't move too fast, people, just take it slow.
Don't get ahead, just jump into it.
Ya'll here a body, two pieces to it.
Get stutted, get stupid.
You'll want me body people will walk you through it.
Step by step, like you're into new kid.
Inch by inch with the new solution.
Trench men hits, with no delusion.
The feeling's irresistible and that's how we movin'.

Get it started, get it started, get it started.
Let's get it started (ha), let's get it started in here.
Yeah.
I can't READ music. I have to hear it.

YouTube - The Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get It Started MUSIC VIDEO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 07:25 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,357,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I know I'll be partying along with other AMERICANS of all colors, creeds, orientations and classes.
And so will I, Pirategirl! Partying with my friends of neighbors of all ethnicities and creeds, gay and straight, young and old, short and tall, skinny and "plump". . . long hairs and bald guys! And I will also be sending my very best thoughts and wishes to those who voted for the other guy, secure in the knowledge that most of them will also, given time, realize that the best choice was make for America!

Old 11-02-2008, 07:26 AM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,646,357 times
Just look at the two conventions.
I don't recall seeing too many Blacks, Hispanics or Asians at the Republican convention.
They were all partying at the Democratic convention.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:26 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,120,219 times
I was thinking "Can't You Feel A (Brand New Day) from the Wiz. And since everybody is from Adam and Eve, we're all Brothers and Sisters, I want to see everybody Black, White, Red, Brown and Yellow and everything in-between at the party!

Old 11-02-2008, 08:44 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,797,311 times
Maybe a little Party like its 1999 from Prince?

Only this time we will get it Right.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:55 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,791,856 times
I don't get it. Partying? This isn't a rap talent show, football, basketball, or boxing contest. Should Obama win, the first presidential thing he should do is to tone down or even do away with that wasteful inaugural celebration to show he cares about the less fortunate in the country.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:58 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,840,547 times

YouTube - Barack Obama-U2-Beautiful Day "Convention Celebaration"

The song for Wednesday.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:00 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,643,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
If Barack Obama wins this election on Tuesday night, please don't panic if you hear the song by James Brown "Say It Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud" blasting on radios or nearby homes. Please dont' think that there's some uprising that is about to happen. It's just Black folks partying. No need to be afraid.

That sounds like every Friday and Saturday night in my town.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:25 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Default You don't get it doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I don't get it. Partying? This isn't a rap talent show, football, basketball, or boxing contest. Should Obama win, the first presidential thing he should do is to tone down or even do away with that wasteful inaugural celebration to show he cares about the less fortunate in the country.
Parties are given for different occasions. I remember hearing some buffoon on CSPAN said that she gave a party and baked a cake when former President Clinton was impeached. They partied when Bush was appointed in 2000 and when he barely won in 2004. What are you... a prude?

Old 11-02-2008, 09:31 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,205,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Yeah, but what about when the riots start?
Good idea to be well armed, just in case? And a few days after, to hide my guns from Obama and Pelosi, as well as other gun grabbers in Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections