Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: would you take your children back to a church that made the statement quoted?
no, i would never go back to that church 23 47.92%
yes, i would since that statement does not bother me 25 52.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:34 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times

Advertisements

Wright made his comments on September 16, only 5 days after the deadly strikes in New York and Washington. He said, in part, "We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye....We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gerald...mment_11977558

would you expose your family to such vitriol?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-03-2008 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: Added link/Copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 12:42 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
People just don't think this is important. I find it really sad because I believe in my faith and take it very seriously, I would never intentionally expose my children to such hate.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:45 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
Wright made his comments on September 16, only 5 days after the deadly strikes in New York and Washington. He said, in part, "We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye....We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost."

So, which of these events never occurred?

You folks really need to stop pretending that America is perfect and has not committed its own share of atrocities, against its own citizens and against others globally.

You may not like how it was stated but . . .the truth by any other name is still the truth.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:46 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,298 times
people hear this everyday from church members, family members, co-workers, friends, etc...

Some people beleive it, and some people take it as their old crazy uncle talking but the still love that crazy old uncle.

Who cares.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:47 PM

259 posts, read 158,091 times
I would have stood up , condemned his words openly in the "church" and shook the dust off as left.

kids or no kids

2,857 posts, read 6,726,338 times
Quote:

Actually, he has a point. Things we do internationally, have a way of coming back around and biting us on the a$$. Under George Bush, the US is being seen more as a cause of instability and turmoil around the world, than as a cause for stability and peace.

We bomb and kill civilians and consider it collateral damage and are surprised when there is retaliation.

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:

Vitriol? Is this not true or do you deny this crap ever happened? He spoke the truth, our country was going to get it someday & it did. Vitriol.....I love it when someone speaks out about our governments policies & then they're immediately branded as a terrorist-lover, unpatriotic, the list goes on. Amusing to say the least.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:48 PM

259 posts, read 158,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
people hear this everyday from church members, family members, co-workers, friends, etc...

Some people beleive it, and some people take it as their old crazy uncle talking but the still love that crazy old uncle.

Who cares.

No we dont hear it everyday from anyone , maybe you do .

Old 11-03-2008, 12:49 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
So, which of these events never occurred? People really need to stop pretending that America is perfect and has not committed its own share of atrocities, against citizens of color and others globally.

You may not like how it was stated but . . .the truth by any other name is still the truth.

Hmmmm so Pearl Harbor was what? A nice friendly game of "Kill as many Americans as we can"? We did not bomb them for no freakin reason, like the cowards did on 9/11. The man is an ASS!!

Old 11-03-2008, 12:49 PM

574 posts, read 1,209,274 times
Quote:

Since I absolutely agree with that statement, I guess I would!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections