Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:22 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times

Advertisements

I know that there are hard feelings about the campaign and about Barack Obama being elected President, I would have been crushed had it gone the other way. I recognize that there are a good number of White people who supported Obama and I thank you.

I do recognize, and those who don't should acknowledge that a majority (hopefully) of the votes for Mc Cain had nothing to do with Obama being Black; they are the result of fear implanted in them by the Republican party. The same fear that got Bush a second term in office.

As time goes on, they will recognize that the fear they have been feeling was based on a lie much like the War in Iraq was started based on a lie.

In the meantime, we have the opportunity to come together and make America great again. But we can't do it if we continue to snipe at each other. What makes America great is that we can all have different opinions and beliefs. I think that we should all agree to disagree and come together to get ourselves through these challenges.

Last edited by CESpeed; 11-05-2008 at 09:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 09:30 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,881,421 times
No its not. Its time to crucify huessien osama barrack

cant wait

Old 11-05-2008, 09:37 AM

Thank you for your maturity.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:38 AM

877 posts, read 2,077,373 times
I plan on taking my future talking points from the opposition party of the past 8 years.

I think I'll start with "Obama stole the election."

Old 11-05-2008, 09:40 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
From McCain's concession speech:

I urge all Americans ... I urge all Americans who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him, but offering our next president our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together to find the necessary compromises to bridge our differences and help restore our prosperity, defend our security in a dangerous world, and leave our children and grandchildren a stronger, better country than we inherited.

Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans. And please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that.

It is natural. It's natural, tonight, to feel some disappointment. But tomorrow, we must move beyond it and work together to get our country moving again.

Words we can all take to heart.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:46 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post

cant wait

Always nice to hear from the Neander Valley.............................

Old 11-05-2008, 09:47 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
In the meantime, we have the opportunity to come together and make America great again. But we can't do it if we continue to snipe at each other. What makes America great is that we can all have different opinions and beliefs. I think that we should all agree to disagree and come together to get ourselves through these challenges.
A sensible thinking individual, Thank you CESpeed.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:49 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I know that there are hard feeling about the campaign about Barack Obama being elected President, I would have been crushed had it gone the other way. I recognize that there are a good number of White people who supported Obama and I thank you.

I do recognize, and those who don't should acknowledge that a majority (hopefully) of the votes for Mc Cain had nothing to do with Obama being Black; they are the result of fear implanted in them by the Republican party. The same fear that got Bush a second term in office.

As time goes on, they will recognize that the fear they have been feeling was based on a lie much like the War in Iraq was started based on a lie.

Did you come together with Bush and his Republican congress????

Old 11-05-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Did you come together with Bush and his Republican congress????
Since the only things Bush accomplished while in office was get us into a war based on a lie, leave the people of New Orleans stranded and made it impossible for them to get funds to clean-up the ENTIRE Katrina-ravaged area and cut taxes for the rich, what was there for me to support?

Last edited by CESpeed; 11-05-2008 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-05-2008, 09:58 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post

cant wait
You really need counseling, your hatred is ruining your life, it will effect your health, and you are the only one that it effects, no one else gives a damn about your irrational metal state. Seek help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections