Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 04:25 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times

Advertisements

And you expected something else from the most liberal senator in the senate. When choosing a leader it is better to look at what they have done than to listen to what they say. My fingers are turning blue from typing these warnings. I voted for McCain. Sorry so many of you didn't. And if you are not sorry yet, you will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 04:34 AM

48,142 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Most of the comments on this thread reflect the reason Obama won by a landslide and re-colored the electoral map......the Republican Party lacks talent, imagination and all they can do is make innane snipes from the far right sidelines. The slogan "America First" was obviously nothing more than a slogan....they are starting their attack before the government is formed and are hoping for the worst. Fortunately, although they have no vision or constructive role to play.....they also have no power.

Obama is blessed with ennumerable choices from competent Americans who put country first; the Democratic party is deep in real talent. I bet everyone President Elect Obama chooses, can list the countries in NAFTA and knows that Africa is a continent and South Africa is a country not a region of Africa. Can you imagine if McCain was choosing a cabinet!

Old 11-07-2008, 10:42 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,479,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
sour grapes conservatives? What did you think he was going to do? Put republicans in his Cabinet? Somehow I get the feeling he could name a moderate Democrat and you fools would still complain. Knock yourselves out!

Old 11-07-2008, 10:44 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,479,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
And you expected something else from the most liberal senator in the senate. When choosing a leader it is better to look at what they have done than to listen to what they say. My fingers are turning blue from typing these warnings. I voted for McCain. Sorry so many of you didn't. And if you are not sorry yet, you will be.
I keep stating this...If you're scared, go hide out in your bunker and we'll call you when the coast is clear.

Do you expect Obama to be a conservative or something? Gimmie a break

Old 11-07-2008, 11:13 AM

48,142 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I keep stating this...If you're scared, go hide out in your bunker and we'll call you when the coast is clear.

Do you expect Obama to be a conservative or something? Gimmie a break
Yes, Tank I agree. McCain and most of the Republicans lost and Obama and most of the Democrats won! He will form the new government; fortunately he intends to be The President Of All The People, even those whose only contribution is to stand on the side and snipe and whine.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:18 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetmeoutofAR View Post
Obama is filling his Cabinet with mob bosses

We should be so lucky!

The big differnce between politicians and mob bosses is mob bosses get things done, they're not big on 'non-binding' resolutions and other silliness.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:32 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
God help this country if he puts in Jon Corzine for Treasury Secretary. Our disgrace of a governor from New Jersey is licking his chops for this position.
I suggest a barrage of Emails to change.gove with a simple message---NO CORZINE!

I've already sent mine

Old 11-07-2008, 11:41 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
Already he is ignoring his promise to put a young, fresh face to his cabinet. Looks like the same old activists to me. Especially the Kennedy clan, cant get more "old school" than that. We will have to give it time, maybe things will shake out for the better.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:42 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,738,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
God help this country if he puts in Jon Corzine for Treasury Secretary. Our disgrace of a governor from New Jersey is licking his chops for this position.

This man has pushed Jersey off the cliff and into financial ruin. We're almost bankrupt. Our toll roads went higher, our sales tax went higher, he wants to repeal the 20% property tax rebate. He is throwing more money into ghettos such as Newark, Irvington, Camden, East Orange, Orange, Jersey City, Atlantic City, and Trenton. The kids are still failing out of school, crime is still at dizzying levels, and yet more taxpayer money gets thrown into these black holes.

He is involved in a scandal with his ex-lover, Karla Katz (union boss) with shady dealings and union kickbacks, and is doing everything he can to block the release of these e-mails to the public.

Four of his biggest supporters are either in jail or about to be sent to jail (Sharpe James, Meeks, David Delle Donna, and Rivera) for bribery, taking kickbacks, or extortion.

This man has no soul, and now he will do to the United States what he did to Jersey. Take it to the brink of financial implosion. He is a dangerous individual that has no right roaming the streets. He needs to be sent to jail himself before he helps ruin the country.

Well, he is an ex Goldman Sachs exec. We all know how honest Wall Streeters are... He isn't called Corslime for just no reason.

It doesn't make sense to trade one former Goldman exec for another one. It may be Bill Daley.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:46 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
sour grapes conservatives? What did you think he was going to do? Put republicans in his Cabinet? Somehow I get the feeling he could name a moderate Democrat and you fools would still complain. Knock yourselves out!
He touts himself as a "Post-Partisan" who embraces change and reaches across the aisle. Little did we know it was only far enough across the aisle to reach the clintonites.

So much for promise number one.

pfft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections