Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 11:47 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times

Advertisements

Have I been sleeping? When did he pick his cabinet????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 11:47 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,442,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
He touts himself as a "Post-Partisan" who embraces change and reaches across the aisle. Little did we know it was only far enough across the aisle to reach the clintonites.

So much for promise number one.

pfft.
Has he named all of his cabinet members yet? Let's not judge him until he does.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:38 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,479,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Already he is ignoring his promise to put a young, fresh face to his cabinet. Looks like the same old activists to me. Especially the Kennedy clan, cant get more "old school" than that. We will have to give it time, maybe things will shake out for the better.
Have a missed something? Besides Chief of Staff, what other position has been filled?

Obama promised to bring change to government..That change is a change in thinking and ideology. If Obama assembles a group of progressive thinking retreads, that would be great. You don't comprise your administration with a team of rookies with the turmoil this country faces. The President must set the tone for his cabinet and I have no doubt Obama will do that. His cabinet will surely be more left leaning because he happens to be a liberal.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:29 PM

48,142 posts, read 22,010,341 times
The people who didnt like him during the campaign and bad mouthed him then....still don't like him...surprise surprise surprise....and they make themselves irrelevent, in the process....even when you reach out it is hard to reach the ones who are cowering in the corner and ready to throw stink and spit balls.

Republicans think that the best way they can represent their constituents and serve the country is to be obstructionist to the attempts to rectify the mess they've made of our country.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:41 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,772 times
You are welcome to all of them...it would be a new and great day in Chicago.

"Chicago- giving you our corrupt politicians, one at a time."

Old 11-07-2008, 02:47 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,804 times
I'll hold judgement until I actually hear that he has selected his cabinet. As for appointing Emanuel I will admit that he picked someone who gets things done and is a tireless worker. Like him or not, he is the type of person you want to work for you. I don't really like him, but I do admire his "no holds barred" attitude.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:15 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
sour grapes conservatives? What did you think he was going to do? Put republicans in his Cabinet? Somehow I get the feeling he could name a moderate Democrat and you fools would still complain. Knock yourselves out!
Whats hilarious is they read News Max and come up with names that no one else is talking about and then are critical of Obama as if he really is considering Corzine. Maybe if they read something other then the Daily Sand they might be able to get their head out of it.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:16 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Have I been sleeping? When did he pick his cabinet????
News Max, Drudge and the usual assortment of malignant right wing tumors have already picked it for him.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:00 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,958,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
sour grapes conservatives? What did you think he was going to do? Put republicans in his Cabinet? Somehow I get the feeling he could name a moderate Democrat and you fools would still complain. Knock yourselves out!
There's hardly any difference between the so called conservatives out there and the democrats. The point we are making is...........Change has come! I'm totally convinced now that refers to the dollars in my pocket turning into change, not the goverment Obama is trying to establish. Same old crap tossed in with a few new shady characters. If your kids came home with those type of friends I'm sure you would be concerned. We know nothing about him in the words of the liberals. We do know the company he keeps and that is enough for me to cast an educated vote in the opposite direction.

Lets see........no nothing did nothing except hang out with shady terrorist and racist friends or an old RINO Republican war hero. I'll take my chances with the RINO.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:03 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetmeoutofAR View Post
Obama is filling his Cabinet with mob bosses
I smell cronyism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections