Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2008, 02:46 PM

425 posts, read 1,093,318 times

Advertisements

This is kooky. He's American. And he won. Get over it.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:48 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,838,527 times
No, Kootr, what's a real shame is how your anti-Obama crusade has evolved.

Your case started with- Obama was actually born in Kenya.

When you realized that had no legs, you moved on to Obama not being a Natural Born Citizen because of his father's citizenship.

When that didn't hold water, you have now shifted to accusing Obama of lying on his Bar Exam paperwork by not stating that he was called by a nickname when he was a child.

Now you are claiming that Barack Obama used the surname Sotero but you refuse to provide credible proof although it has been requested three times.

Since you brought "low" into this discussion, I have to say that you hold the market on low. And on desperation.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:49 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
PROOF? Third request.
I see that you have never read Obama's book "Dreams From My Father"! Read it! There's your proof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2008, 02:53 PM

I just finished it. Nothing in there states that he legally used the name Sotero.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
No, Kootr, what's a real shame is how your anti-Obama crusade has evolved.

Your case started with- Obama was actually born in Kenya.

When you realized that had no legs, you moved on to Obama not being a Natural Born Citizen because of his father's citizenship.

When that didn't hold water, you have now shifted to accusing Obama of lying on his Bar Exam paperwork by not stating that he was called by a nickname when he was a child.

Now you are claiming that Barack Obama used the surname Sotero but you refuse to provide credible proof although it has been requested three times.

Since you brought "low" into this discussion, I have to say that you hold the market on low. And on desperation.
Oh, but girl it does indeed have legs if he was born in Kenya like many believe. But even if he was born in hawaii it doesn't make any difference because he still isn't eligible to serve as the POTUS because his father was not (and never was) a U.S. citizen, which prevents Obama from being a "Natural Born Citizen" ever.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
I just finished it. Nothing in there states that he legally used the name Sotero.
His name was Soetoro, not Sotero! Geez girl - you aren't hitting on much! I'm about ready to forget about even reading your posts and responding to you. It's like talking to a (well guess)...

Have you ever seen his application to school in Indonesia?

http://countusout.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/barrysoetoro.jpg (broken link)

Here is his school album where he went by the name "Barry"!

Old 12-06-2008, 03:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
According to other posts I have read about Obama's name, he used "Barack Obama" when he returned to Hawaii at age 10. Do pirate girl and I a favor and post some reliable source to what you are saying. By 18 he would have graduated from high school; by 19 been in college. There is no evidence that I have seen that he used any name other than Barack Obama in college, don't know about high school.

Good lord, he was an Illinois state senator. Don't you think they would have caught up with that a long time ago; if he had actually committed fraud on his bar app? How do you know what he said on that app, anyway? Have you read it?

Old 12-06-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
According to other posts I have read about Obama's name, he used "Barack Obama" when he returned to Hawaii at age 10. Do pirate girl and I a favor and post some reliable source to what you are saying. By 18 he would have graduated from high school; by 19 been in college. There is no evidence that I have seen that he used any name other than Barack Obama in college, don't know about high school.

Good lord, he was an Illinois state senator. Don't you think they would have caught up with that a long time ago; if he had actually committed fraud on his bar app? How do you know what he said on that app, anyway? Have you read it?
Look back above you post!

I don't know why you want to argue about "when" he used Barry...or Soetoro! The facts are he used to be known as "Barry" and "Soetoro" and he did NOT list those names on his Illinois State Bar exam application as he was required to do...regardless of "when" he ever used them. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2008, 03:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Yes, I have seen the app. to the school in Indonesia. He was six years old, his mother was married to Mr. Soetoro, and she was using his last name for Barack (assuming that app isn't some sort of forgery).

The HS picture shows his name as "Barry Obama". Well, isn't that special? My high school yearbook shows pictures of people named, Tom, Dick, Rick, Bob, Patty, Becky, Dave, you name it! Does that mean they lied if they filled out their Illinois bar applications as Thomas, Richard, Richard (it was a popular name back them), Robert, Patricia, Rebecca, David, etc and said they never used any other name? What about when they were called Tommy, Dicky, Ricky, Pat, Becca, Davy, etc. What if they spelled those names a unique way as teen girls and some boys are want to do? You know, Thom, Dik, Rik, Patti, Beckie, Davi, etc?

You can interpret the law however you want, but it's really the interpretation of the Illinois Bar Association that counts. Until you hear from them, I'd like to stop talking about using "Barry" as an alias.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:21 PM

You are being deliberately obtuse, Kootr. Barry is a shortened version of Barack. Like was stated above, do you think every Robert reported that he was once called Bob?

And what is your source for the Indonesia paperwork? And if that was his school application when he first moved to asia, he was six years old. That document was clearly not written by a six year old. Do you know who completed that paperwork? Can you prove that Obama ever identified himself as Sotero?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections