Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2008, 01:32 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,841,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Don't give me that crap! He went by, and was known as, Barry Soetoro. End of story!

Show me proof that he was known as Barry or Barack Sotero in any kind of legal or official capacity.

Second request and same limitations. Something authentic. Not a blog, not a you tube video unless it is a main stream media newscast.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:33 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,584,747 times
Quote:
Don't give me that crap! He went by, and was known as, Barry Soetoro. End of story!
Haa haaaa haaaa!!! ROFL!!!

Because YOU say something is so, that makes it End of Story???

Haa haaaa haaaa!!!

Old 12-06-2008, 01:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
Quote:
Are you referring to my use of the word "even"? Get over it! You have personally attacked me numerous times even though I have been very civil with you and your fellow Obama supporters.

Maybe pirate girl will finally acknowledge that Obama should have listed on his Illinois State Bar exam application every name he has ever been know by? (ever been known by any other name(s) ) That's the point of my post!
Other than a few comments about tinfoil, I have not personally attacked you, have not implied you are unintelligent and the like.

When did you file this complaint with Illiniois?

It's been a long time since I lived there, but I know a few lawyers there with names like "Jim" and "Rick" and soforth, who probably did not disclose these, but said their names are "James", "Richard", etc w/o elaboration. Soetoro is a different situation, but like pirate girl says, we do not have any evidence he used this name as an adult, or even in his childhood in the US.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
He could have misunderstood the question. Was English his native language? Do you know? Have you ever called Dell Support in India? I have been calling them for days and their English is fluent.. but not understandable; of the 8 people I have spoken to I could barely understand 2-3 of them completely. It worked both ways -- they had trouble understanding my native English. That's how he could have been misquoted.

The point is he said he was misquoted and the youtube video posted by Koots was incorrect as per the interviewee. Period.
Agreed.

Part of my job is doing telephone triage in a pediatrician's office. We have a lot of patients from India, and a fair number from China. I often don't understand them, and they often don't understand me. Even those who learned English before they came here use different words for some things. (I'll spare you the examples; they don't belong on this thread.) Our rule of thumb is: "If you can't understand what they're talking about, bring them in for an appt". It is much easier to understand someone face to face than it is over the phone.

From his picture, this ambassador looks to be about the same age as Obama. He could not have been the ambassador 47 years ago. In fact, that ambassador is probably long retired, maybe even dead.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:44 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,027,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Haa haaaa haaaa!!! ROFL!!!

Because YOU say something is so, that makes it End of Story???

Haa haaaa haaaa!!!

You beat me to the cynical laughter response! Well done.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:47 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,202,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Come on folks it is the alleged Ambassador saying Obama was born in Kenya. Keep up with the program here. Geez!
I didn't click the link because I saw it posted a dozen or more times, I know it was allegedly the Ambassador on the other end of the line, still my statement about gullibility stands....nit pick much?

Old 12-06-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
Of the Presidents, Leo Donofrio's done a convincing job with 2 of them. Arthur, we are pretty sure, was not a NCB under Donofrio's legal opinion. Buchanan may have been, but it is touch and go, depending on when his father arrived in the country. (Donofrio ignores that and just says Buchanan Sr. was a citizen and therefore his son was. But he came in 1783, and if it was after Sept. 3, then he was not a U.S. citizen.)

Similarly, the VPs. Humphrey makes it because women got in by marriage. Dallas's father also seems to have arrived in 1783! So, he too might make it, depending on which month he came in. Agnew's father is claimed to have become a citizen, but I have seen no evidence presented.

Curtis could not have been a natural born citizen by Donofrio's standards no matter what.
Just a question here. Are you sure Humphrey's mom got in through marriage? I don't believe it's that way any more. You can't even be considered a Colorado resident for tuition purposes at the state colleges/universities if you marry a Coloradan until you fulfil the other requirements. Yes, I realize that is a Colorado rule, but I'm just wondering.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:33 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,309,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Other than a few comments about tinfoil, I have not personally attacked you, have not implied you are unintelligent and the like.

When did you file this complaint with Illiniois?

It's been a long time since I lived there, but I know a few lawyers there with names like "Jim" and "Rick" and soforth, who probably did not disclose these, but said their names are "James", "Richard", etc w/o elaboration. Soetoro is a different situation, but like pirate girl says, we do not have any evidence he used this name as an adult, or even in his childhood in the US.
Obama knew he used Barry Soetoro as his name. He has admitted it! He knows he went by that name until he was 18 or 19 years old. It doesn't make any difference when he used the name, the state bar application says EVER KNOWN BY ANY OTHER NAMES(S)!

Old 12-06-2008, 02:37 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,841,173 times
Quote:
Obama knew he used Barry Soetoro as his name. He has admitted it! He knows he went by that name until he was 18 or 19 years old. It doesn't make any difference when he used the name, the state bar application says EVER KNOWN BY ANY OTHER NAMES(S)!

PROOF? Third request.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:42 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,309,729 times
It is so very obvious that none of you Obama supporters will even admit openly to consider that Obama is not eligible to serve as President. You are as open-minded as a steel trap, which says a lot about your entrapment by Obama. Anyone with even a slight bit of common sense can see it in every post you make. That's a real shame knowing how people like you have voted to put a man in the white house that we don't much about, is totally unqualified, and almost certainly doesn't even meet the requirements of our Constitution! It doesn't get much lower than that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.