Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 12:55 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,299,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
Or do you still hold out some slim sliver of hope that Barack Obama is going to follow through on any of his campaign promises?.
Since he's not exactly President yet, it's a little hard for intelligent, and mindful, people to answer this question yet. Clearly you can, based on your future-telling abilities. Please, Do Share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 07:18 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,447,921 times
Default For those who voted for Obama - embarassed yet?

Quote:
For all those who helped elect a corrupt Chicago politician who seems to, along with his buddy the Illinois Governor, have taken the job to scam money for political appointments, are you embarassed by your decision yet?

The Obama administration, while promising to be forthcoming and transparent, has dodged reporters and refuses to release records regarding their involvement in the selling of our political future.

So are you embarassed yet, having fallen for the empty promises of Barack Obama? Or do you still hold out some slim sliver of hope that Barack Obama is going to follow through on any of his campaign promises?

The President-elect is showing himself for what he always was, a liar and a fraud, more interested in his own personal advancement than in improving our country. Hopefully in '12 all of you who voted for this empty suit will wake up and see that a candidate's record speaks louder than mindless rhetoric.

For those who voted for Obama - embarassed yet?

In a word: no.

Here's a better question:

How do you feel about your Bush votes?

Old 12-17-2008, 10:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,562,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post

I was dumb enough to vote for Bush in 2000. Worst vote I've ever cast.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:34 AM

877 posts, read 2,078,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I'm very happy with voting for George W. Bush in both 2000 and 2004. Best presidential votes I have ever cast.

I am also proud to have voted for John McCain in November, despite the fact that he is not the candidate that I preferred during the primaries.

One only has to look at the alternatives to President Bush in those two elections to see that he was by far the better man for the job.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I'm very happy with voting for George W. Bush in both 2000 and 2004. Best presidential votes I have ever cast.

I am also proud to have voted for John McCain in November, despite the fact that he is not the candidate that I preferred during the primaries.

One only has to look at the alternatives to President Bush in those two elections to see that he was by far the better man for the job.

You're absolutely right!

Either alternative would have been a far better man for the job.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:41 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,220,082 times
Quote:
That's what Bush voters are down to? They look at the incredible disaster of the last 8 years - the stupid invasion and occupation of Iraq, the long, poorly run war in Afghanistan, the incredible debt, the horrible economy, the destruction of large parts of two major American cities - and they say "Yeah, but it could have been worse!"

HOW?

Old 12-17-2008, 10:46 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,238,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
That's what Bush voters are down to? They look at the incredible disaster of the last 8 years - the stupid invasion and occupation of Iraq, the long, poorly run war in Afghanistan, the incredible debt, the horrible economy, the destruction of large parts of two major American cities - and they say "Yeah, but it could have been worse!"

HOW?

Have you noticed how the ones who say "Yeah, but it could have been worse!" never tell you how that would be possible?

I would think a good , old-fashioned "tax-and-spend democrat" would have been a vast improvement oner a "Just Put It On American Express And Send The Bill To The Future" republicans. We at least might have emerged with a country that was still solvent.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:47 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,476,810 times
Quote:

HOW?
If they were elected they would have just said that "It would've been better under Bush" so it's not really worth it.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Have you noticed how the ones who say "Yeah, but it could have been worse!" never tell you how that would be possible?

Well, Bush could have given strong support to a nation that harbors and finances terrorists. A country like Saudi Ar...

uh, never mind...

Old 12-17-2008, 10:57 AM

877 posts, read 2,078,234 times
Quote:

HOW?
How could it have been worse? Let us count the ways.

Al Gore is elected president, and carries through his transition for 8 months (assuming the same Supreme Court kerfuffle delays the transition). September 11th happens, and Al Gore, instead of responding to the threat, continues with Bill Clinton's failed policy of police action rather than military against terrorism. In addition, he continues with his earth-saving cap & trade system.

Now, instead of a post-9/11 recession limited to the airlines, we have a full blown depression as industry and power companies are forced to bankruptcy or relocate out of the United States. With such a blow to the economy, jobless rates soar and the housing bubble bursts in '02. But after driving out the economic base, there's nothing to resurrect our stumbling economy.

But lets say that didn't happen, and President Bush was elected in '00. In 2004, he loses to John Kerry, who promises to pull out of Iraq faster than you can say "who deserves a purple heart for falling out of a boat?" Democratic advances in Iraq are stalled, and Iraq turns towards Iran. Iran swoops in, grabbing Iraqi scientists and resources and leaps forward to develop a nuclear weapon. The United States is left without a Middle East presence, shows no intent to defend our allies, and Israel is left to contend with a nuclear Iran which promises to wipe it off the map.

Of course, you're going to say that could never happen, Reverand Gore would have been wonderful for the economy and Senator "Blisters" Kerry would have used his tremendous experience to win the war in Iraq, bring the boys home, and save Lois Lane by spinning the Earth backwards.

But in my opinion, which is really what matters when I go to vote, George Bush was the best man for the job. You may disagree, and that is your right as an American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections