Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 05:56 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Not at all. I remarked, rather, on the transparently immature nature of both the OP and your postings in this thread, which are characterized by blatant errors of ignorance in usage and syntax, while purporting to deal with the topic of intellectuality...
And applied definition and usage of terms as they apply to the competition between Obama and the RNC not we posters. Don't forget definitions.

Merry Christmas and it is Christmas Eve. Last year we asked for the Obama election and Santa delivered. We can only hope the gifts of 09 will be as great. May you and the family have a great one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Exhibit A for the Prosecution:
There are many exhibits and they keep coming and coming.
Merry Christmas and have a great Christmas Eve.

Old 12-24-2008, 06:07 PM

Pajamas Media » Thanks for Nothing, Senator McCain

In a surprising rebuke to the warriors who fought for him through tough times, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Sunday sided with President-elect Barack Obama and scolded the Republican National Committee for fanning the Illinois corruption scandal.

What’s so surprising about that? Anyone who has followed John McCain’s career over the past 20-plus years should know that McCain is usually quick on the draw to scold members of his party for doing what political parties are supposed to do — act in a partisan manner to advance their own interests. Duh.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:49 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,196,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnana5 View Post
as a 40 year democrat who switched to republicans because i became so ashamed of the democrats with obama leading the way.. with $750 million it was a bought race and his #1 supporter was rezko.. He is the most corrupt president we will ever have.. its not about parties, its about Race..all about Race.. never seen so many americans vote this hoodlum because of his charm, charisma, family man appearance and absolutely no experience.. Palin had 15 years on him and she was thrown under the bus along with obama's poor grandma, his aunt and uncle who all live in poverty.. so much for this "family man"..so many of you democrats think you will be getting a big fat check.. thats the only reason you voted for him..
Oh lord, someone help me up off the floor... Hate to burst your bubble there scooter but I'm no Democrat and apparently you didn't read my post very well.

I was once a life long Republican and I at one time subscribed to political labels, well that was until I grew up and reached the age of reason. Besides, contemporary Republican's are little more that gun loving Liberals bent on emotionally driven social issues and have all but abandoned more pragmatic and substantive issues like spending and explosive growth and overhead of the Federal government, not to mention they have all but abandoned environmental issues to which they were once attached to. You know... conservative... conservationist, see the root of the word there, looks kind of similar don't it?

Anywho, I didn't vote for Obama nor his counterpart McCain, I was one of those kooky Ron Paul loony fanatics and I prefer any candidate that wasn't chosen for me by our master.

I do know that Obama isn't the messiah nor was McCain the better choice. Obama may be a lot of things and I will hold his feet to the fire as I did Bush for the past 6 years, but I won't condemn the man before I know how well he preforms. If he sucks bog water then I will say so as I see it, if he does better than I expect, then I will also acknowledge that. However if you are looking for some kind of statesmen you'll be looking a good while as America doesn't like statesmen, they do love politicians who are more than happy to repeat what the people want to hear.

(chuckling) Can anyone offer up a single President in the past 30 years that didn't have a skeleton in their closet? Lets get real here.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:16 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
exaggerated is part of the usage of it in that case not the definition.
proclivity - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
Main Entry: pro·cliv·i·ty
Pronunciation: \prō-ˈkli-və-tē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural pro·cliv·i·ties
Etymology: Latin proclivitas, from proclivis sloping, prone, from pro- forward + clivus slope — more at pro-, declivity
Date: circa 1591
: an inclination or predisposition toward something ; especially : a strong inherent inclination toward something objectionable

Thus again I say it appears that my use of proclivity is to say that the RNC does not have an inclination or predispostion to intellectual activity and thus is falling short when measured by the Obama standard.
Ah, but you have (not so cleverly) substituted the phrase "intellectual activity" (thought) for "intellectuality" which is a broader term, implying superiority in reasoning.

Please strive to be more precise.

A Christmas wish: may our new President reject the urgings of the more rabid partisans within his own party and seek consensus, rather than confrontation, with those who voted for Mr. McCain. Should he chose scorn and negativitiy, as so many of his supporters seem to want to do, the nation will be the real loser.

All the best to you and yours at Christmas!

Old 12-24-2008, 08:30 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,280,673 times
Quote:
as a 40 year democrat who switched to republicans because i became so ashamed of the democrats with obama leading the way.. with $750 million it was a bought race and his #1 supporter was rezko.. He is the most corrupt president we will ever have.. its not about parties, its about Race..all about Race.. never seen so many americans vote this hoodlum because of his charm, charisma, family man appearance and absolutely no experience.. Palin had 15 years on him and she was thrown under the bus along with obama's poor grandma, his aunt and uncle who all live in poverty.. so much for this "family man"..so many of you democrats think you will be getting a big fat check.. thats the only reason you voted for him..
Utter nonsense.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:35 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Newsflash: The election is over. You don't have to try and keep convincing people that Obama is going to be the next president, or are you maybe trying to convince yourselves? LOL

Old 12-24-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Newsflash: The election is over. You don't have to try and keep convincing people that Obama is going to be the next president, or are you maybe trying to convince yourselves? LOL
Donklephant » Blog Archive » McCain And Gingrich Slam RNC For Obama/Blago Ad

It’s encouraging to see that some Republicans politicians are at least trying to be post-partisan. But will the RNC take the ad down? Or will they continue to wage the same old tired partisan warfare?

We shall see…

Old 12-24-2008, 09:26 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Well, I got my answer. You are trying to convince yourselves.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:02 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,354 times
Quote:
You have got to be kidding me, with logic like this we don't need you in our camp which by the way was the WINNING camp, need I remind you & others....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections