Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 09:27 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times

Advertisements

It is possible that maybe of Head of State was booked to stay since that is what it is normally used for? And maybe it had been booked months in advance. No, probably not it was just Bush being mean yet again.

http://www.blairhouse.org/h_house.html This is info about the Blair House and what it is used for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 09:30 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
It is possible that maybe of Head of State was booked to stay since that is what it is normally used for? And maybe it had been booked months in advance. No, probably not it was just Bush being mean yet again. http://http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/28469628#28469628 (broken link)
This is just one more stupid thing for the Bush-Haters to scream and cry about. They're dead wrong - 100% wrong - but facts don't phase them.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:19 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
And the guest house does not belong to the Obamas.

The President Elect moves into the Blair house 5 days - catch that, 5 days - before the Inauguration. January 15th - 20th is always reserved for the incoming President and his family.

There was a request, from somebody on the Obama "team", to move into the Blair house 10 days early. However, it had already been booked, and was busy.

End of story.

So why are the crying liberals all hot & bothered over this - so much so, in fact, that there is YET ANOTHER thread here on CD complaining about it.

Would you all be screaming and crying if GWB decided to stay in the Blair House for a month AFTER January 20th? I think there's a 100% guarantee that the liberals would be frothing at the mouth about THAT breach of protocol!
"""So why are the crying liberals all hot & bothered over this"""

If you bother to read some of the posts there are liberals like me who are NOT concerned, saw the facts, and moved on.

Just because one or two , of either party, raise a stink, doesn't mean we all do.

AND, before attacking the liberals how about the repubs in here who made it seem as if the OBAMA'S were raising a stink, wanting special favors, or thought they could break the rules...when there is NO

N O

NO

evidence of that at all!

Old 01-06-2009, 10:23 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Would you all be screaming and crying if GWB decided to stay in the Blair House for a month AFTER January 20th? I think there's a 100% guarantee that the liberals would be frothing at the mouth about THAT breach of protocol!
Actually, if a POTUS had little children in school and the school year ended Jan. 30th I would have no objections at all to them staying in the Blair House for ten days so that the kids could finish the school year.

So sorry to dissappoint but I don't see any "frothing at the mouth." LOL, got a laugh to read that "all libs" are "screaming" about an issue, too... have you had your vision checked lately? Because when I read through this thread that's not I see. Looks to me like the majority of us think the whole issue is silly and not a big deal.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:45 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
This is just one more stupid thing for the Bush-Haters to scream and cry about. They're dead wrong - 100% wrong - but facts don't phase them.
Ah. Irony.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""So why are the crying liberals all hot & bothered over this"""

If you bother to read some of the posts there are liberals like me who are NOT concerned, saw the facts, and moved on.

Just because one or two , of either party, raise a stink, doesn't mean we all do.

AND, before attacking the liberals how about the repubs in here who made it seem as if the OBAMA'S were raising a stink, wanting special favors, or thought they could break the rules...when there is NO

N O

NO

evidence of that at all!
This is now the second thread, started by a crybaby liberal, about this subject.

SOMEBODY from the Obama "camp" wanted to have the Obamas move into Blair House nearly 2 weeks before they were supposed to. Because of previous engagements, that "request" was denied.

Cut & dried.

But no, no. It's not that simple is it? No, the crybaby liberals are screaming, yelling and wetting themselves about Bush snubbing Obama, and Bush being mean to Obama, and Bush being vindictive to Obama.

It's pretty simple. Grow up. This is a non-issue.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Actually, if a POTUS had little children in school and the school year ended Jan. 30th I would have no objections at all to them staying in the Blair House for ten days so that the kids could finish the school year.

So sorry to dissappoint but I don't see any "frothing at the mouth." LOL, got a laugh to read that "all libs" are "screaming" about an issue, too... have you had your vision checked lately? Because when I read through this thread that's not I see. Looks to me like the majority of us think the whole issue is silly and not a big deal.
I could care less if the Obamas stay at the Blair House for a year. He can stay there for his entire Presidency, as far as I'm concerned.

But the protocol is that the President Elect lives there from January 15th - 20th. That is all. And, as it turns out, Blair House was previously booked right up until the 15th.

Now... as for crybabying and frothing at the mouth - just look at this thread. It was started for that express purpose. And it is, in fact, the 2nd thread on CD with that exact same theme. Poor little Barack - that big mean Bully Bush won't let him in his house!!!!!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Ah. Irony.
It IS rather ironic that the liberals are so arrogant about being "so smart" yet are so stupid about very simple, basic, black & white issues.

More melodrama doesn't mean a wrong was done.

Ironic indeed.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:26 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Obama needed to move to DC in time for his daughters to start school. The Obama asked Bush if they could stay in the Presidental guest house but Bush said, "no." So the Obamas are staying in a hotel for now.

Sorry, We’re Booked, White House Tells Obamas - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com

Great way to show your Christian, consevative values Bush!
This is an old story and even Obama said that he understood. Just gotta try to start some **** don't ya!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
This is an old story and even Obama said that he understood. Just gotta try to start some **** don't ya!
BINGO

Ignorance is indeed bliss!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections