Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2009, 08:46 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times

Advertisements

The election of a single Black individual to the office of President will mean the end of Racism when the financial success of a single individual (of any color) means the end of Poverty.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 09:07 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
IMO racism is bigger than ever with the images of Rev. Wright and all the hate he is preaching and which I never expected to be done in a church of God!

My eyes are open now more than ever and they way many people just chose a black person without being able to know what he stands for, makes me see that many people have chosen a color instead of the best person for the job...other have chosen Obama for his political fews, which is how it should be but the majority voted for a black person...just listen how they reacted to Obama and what came out of their own mouth...racism is bigger than ever and encouraged by black people them self.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:22 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
The issue with affirmative action is that you can't prove when a company or other institution is making choices based on race. It's a ***** to provide evidence, as it is with most racism nowadays....it ain't colored water fountains and what not anymore.
I think you're confusing affirmative action with descrimination lawsuits. AA refers to programs that institutions can make to promote equal opportunities. It means looking for candidates (for jobs, for scholarships, etc) in new places. It means factoring in life experiences along with test scores. It means watching long-term trends in hiring to see if your workforce matches the racial diversity of the qualified pool of potential employees.

Proving descrimination is a legal effort on the part of people who feel they have been wronged.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:28 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Or do we still have a long way to go?
We still have a long, long, long, way to go.

Just poke into the Immigration forum to see how "post-racial" some Americans are.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:28 PM

956 posts, read 3,002,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
As far as I'm concerned, there are still tremendous barriers for people of color in this country.
Really? Name one, and show me evidence how a person of color is being prevented from doing something on account of their race.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:36 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
Really? Name one, and show me evidence how a person of color is being prevented from doing something on account of their race.
May 28, 2008
Cross burned in family's yard

A crackling sound outside her living room window startled Sol Whyte as she watched television Monday night, but the source of the sound — the letters "KKK" and a cross etched in flame across the lawn of her west Medford home — shocked her even more.

Read more here

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 01-22-2009 at 05:54 AM.. Reason: Copyright Violation

Old 01-21-2009, 04:40 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Here.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:43 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
I might as well add to the dogpile since you were foolish enough to ask:

Race-Based Charges (http://www.eeoc.gov/stats/race.html - broken link)

Ken

Old 01-21-2009, 06:09 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
There is so much racial tension in this country that you could play Dueling Banjos with it. And no, it's NOT all coming from white people. The whole thing is a tit for tat escalation that shows no end in sight. A white cop shoots a black man and a neiborhood gets burned down, a black man rapes a white woman and an innocent black man gets beaten to death for it, it's an entirely vengeance motivated thing. So how is this going to stop I wonder. Ther'e a war raging right under our noses and neither side seems to WANT it to stop. The worst elements of white and black are what gets reported on and it just keeps everyone all bunched up and ready to charge out and have our revenge ya know. There is so much talk of "unity" "racial harmony" " reaching out" etc and thats all it is ...talk. Behind the scenes the hatred is still being spewed. In "churches", in fraternal organizations, in our living rooms on and on it goes.This is not a problem that is confined to small radical fringe groups, it's all around us everyday. We are deluged with it everywhere we go and in everything we see on the bloody tube. . It certainly has not gone away with Obamas taking office.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:43 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,306,337 times

Jay-Z "My president is black" video.

Disgusting! Racism? You decide...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections