Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:45 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Would this be Mr President Obama's plan and that he has read ALL of the earmarks, or is this Ms.(President in hiding) Pelousi's plan??

This is a joke and seems like Mr. President is off vacationing and having concerts, to be too concerned about the earmarks, he has put his trust in the likes of Harry Reid and Nancy (ruin America) Pelousi!!

Give banks money with no rules or regulations this was...... STUPID.

As the dow drops and drops Mr. President encourages Americans to by stock, this is just as bad, as Mr. President Bush telling us to spend,spend and spend while our children are dying and at war in Iraq and Afganstian we should just shop!!!

What kind of American concept is this????
"""Give banks money with no rules or regulations this was...... STUPID"""

Yup. Paulson, BUSH'S BOY in the BUSH administration did just that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 10:08 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,003,036 times
By executive order Pres. Obama will eliminate "earmarks" spending, by no longer calling them earmarks but instead us the term "paperclip".

Old 03-11-2009, 11:22 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
(CNN) -- President Obama on Wednesday will talk about new guidelines aimed at cutting down the number of earmarks in appropriations legislation, one day after the Senate passed a spending bill with nearly 9,000 earmarks, his administration said.

Some lawmakers have urged Obama to veto the $410 billion omnibus spending bill -- saying it goes against the president's campaign pledge to bring an end to wasteful spending.-------------------

Obama may sign the bill into law behind closed doors rather than make a public show of it, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said.

Obama to lay out guidelines to overhaul earmarks - CNN.com

So now signing behind closed doors to hide from the fact that he again broke a campaign promiss and to sneak out after getting all the pork on our plate! What a disappointment this man is...more than I ever could have imagined!!!
Republican hipocracy:
Republican Hypocrisy on Earmarks? Ask Senators Cochran, Wicker, and Vitter - John A. Farrell (usnews.com)

Old 03-11-2009, 11:29 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,344,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
By executive order Pres. Obama will eliminate "earmarks" spending, by no longer calling them earmarks but instead us the term "paperclip".

Cute!! I liked that one.
Just listen to his speech. I don't think he has the foggiest idea of what he is saying. Right after the speech you then had Madam Speaker saying another "stimulus" package is not out of the question. Not out of the question means she has it half written. Boy I was down the middle of the row not I am turning way right. I had no idea one could lie as much as he did doing the campaign. I wasn't sure McCain knew how to get us out of this mess but I doubt he would have Nancy baby writing all his bills and probably controlling the tele-prompter(sp).

Old 03-11-2009, 11:58 AM

956 posts, read 1,235,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I thought Bush was a big liar......Obama is making Bush look like he was truthful.
Now you're seeing what a liar truly looks like ... especially when they are really, really good at it.

I watched Obama this morning saying he was going to sign an "imperfect" bill, so imperfect in fact that he didn't sign it with his usual flourish in front of cronies and press alike. No, he had to sign it behind closed doors.

How else can you sign a bill with 850 earmarks (not sure where the other 50 went) at a time the country has no money? How else but to retreat to the back room, hiding like a coward, to sign away our money?

Hypocritical is a nice word for this guy.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
Now you're seeing what a liar truly looks like ... especially when they are really, really good at it.

I watched Obama this morning saying he was going to sign an "imperfect" bill, so imperfect in fact that he didn't sign it with his usual flourish in front of cronies and press alike. No, he had to sign it behind closed doors.

How else can you sign a bill with 850 earmarks (not sure where the other 50 went) at a time the country has no money? How else but to retreat to the back room, hiding like a coward, to sign away our money?

Hypocritical is a nice word for this guy.
Yup. and I'm sure when the money gets to YOUR state you will track it and not accept a single penny's worth of new roads, more police, better schools, more jobs, etc. Nor partake in any benefit from the results of this infusion of money.

Right????

Old 03-11-2009, 12:30 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,003,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yup. and I'm sure when the money gets to YOUR state you will track it and not accept a single penny's worth of new roads, more police, better schools, more jobs, etc. Nor partake in any benefit from the results of this infusion of money.

Right????
I'm sure most states will take what they can get, the free food will run out some time, so take it while it here. It is really easy to spend someone elses money, right know we've tapped the American taxpayer pockets now we're spending the Chinese money. I wonder where they came up with the idea that you can spend your way out of debt, it doesn't work for 300 million Americans but it seems to work for our government.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:40 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,742 times
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr323/bstariv/liar.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-11-2009, 12:50 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,503 times
Default bigger liar

biggest liar

Last edited by highdesertmutz; 05-02-2009 at 07:53 AM..

Old 03-11-2009, 01:04 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Right????
I wonder how many people contacted their respective senator(s) to register their unhappiness with the largesse that these same elected officials are about to bestow on their states.

I wonder how many people will not vote for these same senators next time their terms are up?

If there is so much unhappiness and disgust over the jobs these people are doing, why do they keep getting elected?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections