Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 07:56 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times

Advertisements

Again, Is Obama going to continue to put our soldiers in harms way if he already thinks we are losing the war in Afghanistan and wants to smoke the peace pipe with the enemy Taliban who call him illogical. Get in it to win it or get the heck out. Pussyfooting around is going to get more of our troops killed for nothing if he is going to turn tail.

Taliban say Obama's call on moderates "illogical"

"This does not require any response or reaction for this is illogical," Qari Mohammad Yousuf, a purported spokesman for the insurgent group, told Reuters when asked if its top leader Mullah Mohammad Omar would make any comment about Obama's proposal.

"The Taliban are united, have one leader, one aim, one policy...I do not know why they are talking about moderate Taliban and what it means?"

They do not sound like they want to pussyfoot around to me. Perhaps Obama should adopt this mentality when it comes to war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 08:22 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Again, Is Obama going to continue to put our soldiers in harms way if he already thinks we are losing the war in Afghanistan and wants to smoke the peace pipe with the enemy Taliban who call him illogical. Get in it to win it or get the heck out. Pussyfooting around is going to get more of our troops killed for nothing if he is going to turn tail.

"This does not require any response or reaction for this is illogical," Qari Mohammad Yousuf, a purported spokesman for the insurgent group, told Reuters when asked if its top leader Mullah Mohammad Omar would make any comment about Obama's proposal.

"The Taliban are united, have one leader, one aim, one policy...I do not know why they are talking about moderate Taliban and what it means?"

They do not sound like they want to pussyfoot around to me. Perhaps Obama should adopt this mentality when it comes to war.
More "I hate Obama no matter what he does" blather from neocon supreme.

From the OP:

""Get in it to win it or get the heck out."

Ya, just like bush/Rumsfeld did with Iraq???????????????????????????

GAWD!

Old 03-11-2009, 09:46 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post

Obama is an idiot if he thinks the Taliban wants to talk. His foreign policy postions are strange at best.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Obama is an idiot if he thinks the Taliban wants to talk. His foreign policy postions are strange at best.
ya, I suppose for neocons it's strange to try peaceful resolutions when war is so much more FUN and PROFITABLE for them....and THEY don't have to fight in it.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
ya, I suppose for neocons it's strange to try peaceful resolutions when war is so much more FUN and PROFITABLE for them....and THEY don't have to fight in it.
Maybe they are strange for neocons, but they are strange for me as well. Did you read the OP's post? Taliban doesn't want to talk. They hate the US and what we stand for. There are many of us Democrats that think Obama's foreign policy has started out VERY WEAK.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Maybe they are strange for neocons, but they are strange for me as well. Did you read the OP's post? Taliban doesn't want to talk. They hate the US and what we stand for. There are many of us Democrats that think Obama's foreign policy has started out VERY WEAK.
How many?

Where is the proof?

Where are the polls? The stats?

Old 03-11-2009, 10:28 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
Are you kidding? If Obama's domestic policy is any sort of blueprint for his foreign policy, he will be brilliant! Say one thing and do something else. SLight of hand and shell games. Throw so much ammo (in the form of bills and spending) at the American people that they can't comprehend or keep up, confound them with rock star teleprompter speeches, redefine words: spending is now "investment" and tax dodging is an Administration Cabinet Memeber, try to be everything to everyone and therefore have no real foundation or core. It's a brilliant foreign policy. May bring this country down, but it will be great for all our enemies....I mean new friends!

Old 03-11-2009, 10:45 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Isn't talking with the enemy the way the violence de-escalated in Iraq?

Old 03-11-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Yes, but don't embarass the repubs.....they LIKE war and death as the answer to everything! Glad their War-Monger-in-Chief is gone!

Old 03-11-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Yes, it was talk that helped. But remember, much of Iraq was internal division and hatred (Sunnis vs Shias). Most in Iraq didn't adhere to a fundamental hatred of the US like the Taliban.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections