Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 11:31 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times

Advertisements

Actually, I've been waiting for the GOP to demonstrate its much-vaunted patriotism; there seems to be a shortage among them. They can't seem to find any "party elders" and the younger neocons have proven to be intellectually inadequate. They obstruct, they obfuscate, they rely on a campaign of innuendos...they have "tea bag parties" to protest taxes that aren't being raised, but ignore the tax issue in Minnesota. Seems like SOP to me. They have no cogent positions or alternatives, so they rely on smoke and mirrors for the naive. Not very pretty, is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 01:13 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
Actually, I've been waiting for the GOP to demonstrate its much-vaunted patriotism; there seems to be a shortage among them. They can't seem to find any "party elders" and the younger neocons have proven to be intellectually inadequate. They obstruct, they obfuscate, they rely on a campaign of innuendos...they have "tea bag parties" to protest taxes that aren't being raised, but ignore the tax issue in Minnesota. Seems like SOP to me. They have no cogent positions or alternatives, so they rely on smoke and mirrors for the naive. Not very pretty, is it?
Agree entirely but when a political party is desperate! Franken will eventually be seated & it will be just another reminder to America that Republicans need to stay tucked away in their little yahoo states while the nation goes about correcting all their stupid mistakes.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:40 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Very well put! The GOP represents only themselves!

Old 04-22-2009, 01:53 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,163 times
Quote:
Exactly.

Our GREAT governor is one of the worst obstructionists I've ever seen.

That's ok, because he will get dragged down with Norm "I can't decide what party I am" Coleman's boat.

Coleman is interested in one thing - his career. NOT the state and the people of MN. Go home carpetbagger!

Old 05-09-2009, 02:59 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,692 times
At the rate the GOP is dragging their feet on this, and merely postponing the inevitable (Franken WILL be declared the winner), there is probably going to be an anti-GOP backlash in Minnesota in 2010 and 2012 due to Coleman and the GOP denying them adeqate representation in the Senate.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:16 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
At the rate the GOP is dragging their feet on this, and merely postponing the inevitable (Franken WILL be declared the winner), there is probably going to be an anti-GOP backlash in Minnesota in 2010 and 2012 due to Coleman and the GOP denying them adeqate representation in the Senate.
That's what I think, too. Actually, if Coleman had been smart he would have conceded and given Franken the chance to fall on his face.

(Not saying that would have happened, but you never know--stuff happens. My point is the GOP stood a better chance winning in 2010 taking their chances that Franken would end up making a few mistakes, IMO. Instead they chose a route that virtually guarantees Franken will be re-elected.)

Old 05-09-2009, 10:58 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
That's what I think, too. Actually, if Coleman had been smart he would have conceded and given Franken the chance to fall on his face.

(Not saying that would have happened, but you never know--stuff happens. My point is the GOP stood a better chance winning in 2010 taking their chances that Franken would end up making a few mistakes, IMO. Instead they chose a route that virtually guarantees Franken will be re-elected.)
That would be my guess.

Ken

Old 05-10-2009, 01:54 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post

The people in Minnesota have a low tolerance for pols playing politics . Pawlenty has probably forgotten what happened to the DFL and Rudi Perpich 30 years ago when the DFL fooled around with Mondales and late HHH Senate seats. Guess what it cost the DFL the state legislature the governors seat and both Senate seats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections