Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 04:23 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times

Advertisements

The evangelical base will never allow a nude model, who is pro choice, and pro gay marriage to run for the executive branch.

If Palin runs as the Republican nominee, it'll be a gift wrapped 4 more years for the Obama administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 04:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Ron Paul 2012.
Baldwin/Paul 2012

Old 01-20-2010, 04:24 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,451,751 times
Don't be riduculous. A big part of the problem with Obama is his lack of experience. Give Brown a few years to get some national experience, then we'll talk.

I rarely agree with Hillary Clinton but she was dead-on when she said the Presidency is no place for on-the-job training.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:35 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Don't be riduculous. A big part of the problem with Obama is his lack of experience. Give Brown a few years to get some national experience, then we'll talk.

I rarely agree with Hillary Clinton but she was dead-on when she said the Presidency is no place for on-the-job training.
Then why did we vote Bush into office, he had no real experience?
Does not matter who runs on the GOP ticket if Palin is on the ballet they will lose to the Demos. The Repubs better come up with a better choice than a talking head and a liberal Repub if they expect to win the Whitehouse.
Casper

Old 01-20-2010, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Then why did we vote Bush into office, he had no real experience?
Does not matter who runs on the GOP ticket if Palin is on the ballet they will lose to the Demos. The Repubs better come up with a better choice than a talking head and a liberal Repub if they expect to win the Whitehouse.
Casper
I'm not a huge fan of Bush, but he did have business experience in the oil industry, the baseball team and more importantly, two terms of executive experience as Governor of Texas.

That's still more executive experience than Obama.

And, you prove my point. We need someone with extensive experience in business and elected positions. Neither Palin or Scott Brown have the years and maturity to deal with the job.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:30 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
I say start the campain now. It does not matter apparently no one wants what they wanted a year ago. Palin/Brown give the TPs what they want but someday we will not know it but one or more of them will be in a doctors office wondering how they are going to pay for treatment for them or thier family since they just got dropped by the ins company. The good news ins fatcats can take a trip to enjoy the good life I know giving as much money as you can to ins companies thrills all of the GOP

Old 01-20-2010, 05:30 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Bush, but he did have business experience in the oil industry, the baseball team and more importantly, two terms of executive experience as Governor of Texas.

That's still more executive experience than Obama.

And, you prove my point. We need someone with extensive experience in business and elected positions. Neither Palin or Scott Brown have the years and maturity to deal with the job.
LOL, Have you looked into his "oil" past?

The oil companies he ran, went bankrupt. He had to get loans from Saudi families that were friends of his father to keep them afloat.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:38 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoogemania View Post
"Neither Palin or Brown have the experience to be president". Then how did Obama get into office?
Same way Brown did.

Won the election.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
LOL, Have you looked into his "oil" past?

The oil companies he ran, went bankrupt. He had to get loans from Saudi families that were friends of his father to keep them afloat.

Yeah, yeah, I know. But the people of Texas and the United States apparently thought it was insignificant. Both elected him for two full terms.

So, let's learn . . . and vote in people with successful experience in business and national government. Time in Congress is important to learn the national security issues.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:54 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
No. Neither Palin or Brown have the experience to be president. Not yet at least. Give them at least until 2020. In fact, I'm not too sure about either of them. Neither seem like Goldwater conservatives, which I would prefer. To be honest, I can't think of any conservatives that I would be excited to vote for at this point. Ron Paul is the closest from a policy standpoint, but unfortunately he's bat **** crazy.

The left don't care about experiance. The proof is in the white house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections