Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 06:27 PM

918 posts, read 817,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7
I wouldn't say he is a "real Republican" at all. His position on quite a few things is troubling to most Republicans and I really don't know why Palin is even endorsing him.

He's the original RINO. Or as I doffed him when he was first forging his many "Groups of...", The Capitulator by Compromise. He's a long time phony all the way back to Nam and before and the evidence is out there for anyone to dig up.

Palin is a populist with broad appeal to disenchanted dems; indies; conventional Repubs and some conservative Repubs. For me, she's a bit of a lightweight intellectually, but that's a personal issue and has naught to do with her acceptance. If she can keep garnering broad-based support and keep the media and left clawing after her then her broad-based appeal will get greater. She's riding the crest now of the groundswell of anger that middle America sees as they perceive the sort of bullying, piling on against her. One has only to witness all the left-side comments of total deprecation here as a sampling. These fools fail to realize that they are enabling her ever-increasing popularity by their collective animose, so I say....keep on keepin' on...HA! These people won't recognize the many new faces in the next congress, but will have jaws dropping recognizing the many old power-brokers that no longer are around after November. It may even have Chris Matthews brownin' his bloomers in additon to getting that renewed damp feeling up his leg.

I'd rather see someone else step forward, so she could be the second banana on the 2012 ticket, but time will tell. This realignment with McCain though is sheer madness. She's openly for more conservative traditional values and is now hooked to THE GUY with NO principles who will compromise with anyone on anything if it's politically expedient seeking to make the Republican Party the new official RINO Party. He and his protege Linseed Oily Graham are up front and putting on a good 'conservative-like' show now against Obama, but the Oba-meister knows that when push really comes to shove, that he can get those two jokers in a quiet room and come out smilin' for a joint press conference afterwards with ALL smiling faces and they capitulate in compromise to him. That may well be why they keep hangin' on to ObaCare so stubbornly and tenuously. Do not think he's not workin' the McCain 'angle' on that.

After all it was he and Little Georgie-boy Bush who sold the party down the river and created the rift that now will never heal. Strangely enough, despite that...the demonRATs will be out in November and Obama will be a mid-term humiliated Lame Duck. Such a fitting end for the ego that never ends!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 06:42 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,302,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7
I wouldn't say he is a "real Republican" at all. His position on quite a few things is troubling to most Republicans and I really don't know why Palin is even endorsing him.

He's the original RINO. Or as I doffed him when he was first forging his many "Groups of...", The Capitulator by Compromise. He's a long time phony all the way back to Nam and before and the evidence is out there for anyone to dig up.

Palin is a populist with broad appeal to disenchanted dems; indies; conventional Repubs and some conservative Repubs. For me, she's a bit of a lightweight intellectually, but that's a personal issue and has naught to do with her acceptance. If she can keep garnering broad-based support and keep the media and left clawing after her then her broad-based appeal will get greater. She's riding the crest now of the groundswell of anger that middle America sees as they perceive the sort of bullying, piling on against her. One has only to witness all the left-side comments of total deprecation here as a sampling. These fools fail to realize that they are enabling her ever-increasing popularity by their collective animose, so I say....keep on keepin' on...HA! These people won't recognize the many new faces in the next congress, but will have jaws dropping recognizing the many old power-brokers that no longer are around after November. It may even have Chris Matthews brownin' his bloomers in additon to getting that renewed damp feeling up his leg.

I'd rather see someone else step forward, so she could be the second banana on the 2012 ticket, but time will tell. This realignment with McCain though is sheer madness. She's openly for more conservative traditional values and is now hooked to THE GUY with NO principles who will compromise with anyone on anything if it's politically expedient seeking to make the Republican Party the new official RINO Party. He and his protege Linseed Oily Graham are up front and putting on a good 'conservative-like' show now against Obama, but the Oba-meister knows that when push really comes to shove, that he can get those two jokers in a quiet room and come out smilin' for a joint press conference afterwards with ALL smiling faces and they capitulate in compromise to him. That may well be why they keep hangin' on to ObaCare so stubbornly and tenuously. Do not think he's not workin' the McCain 'angle' on that.

After all it was he and Little Georgie-boy Bush who sold the party down the river and created the rift that now will never heal. Strangely enough, despite that...the demonRATs will be out in November and Obama will be a mid-term humiliated Lame Duck. Such a fitting end for the ego that never ends!
So what about Rand Paul makes him a RINO? The only RINO I saw you mention in your blathering was Palin. The pro Traitor Act all hat no cattle secessionist. Obama was a populist too. Are you saying that Palin is like Obama?

Old 02-12-2010, 07:00 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,205,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The corrupt RINO endorses a real republican...will the voters care?

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin endorses Rand Paul, says he wants to 'shake up' Washington - latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-palin-ky-senate-race,0,6228585.story - broken link)
Politics like war has but one goal, to win. If her endorsement gets Rand Paul closer to that goal, then great, he can send a thank you note to Alaska when its over and he sits among 99 others.

Which reminds me, I need to send the list some flyers.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:36 PM

Default summers73

So what's up with this?

Quote:
So what about Rand Paul makes him a RINO? The only RINO I saw you mention in your blathering was Palin. The pro Traitor Act all hat no cattle secessionist. Obama was a populist too. Are you saying that Palin is like Obama?

I strongly suggest that you not try putting words in my mouth...
For when people try I spit them back in their face.
Did I even mention young Paul? Noooo!
Was Palin the only RINO I mentioned? Noooo!
You need to do one of two things.
Keep that bottle capped until AFTER you've finished your post comments
OR...
Take an adult education class in Remedial Reading.

All politicians, to a greater or lesser degree, are populists or they wouldn't be politicians. The most popular often wins over the more competent. The voting public is often ignorant, naive and fickled and proved that again in 2008.
The problem becomes not the populist, but the unprincipled, devious, lying populist like...oh...I don't know..maybe the Oba-meister!

Old 02-13-2010, 10:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
you know to all those Palin haters out there, or better known as libs, do you realize all your criticisms of her are helping her, not hurting. If you would just let it drop, she might as well. Instead you take everything she is saying or doing and bring in to the attention of the country, blasting her in everyway possible, from her endorsement of candidates, to her intelligence to her personal life and everything inbetween. What you will succeed is pushing those on the fence into defending her by supporting her. I happen to be one of those that is about to be pushed. I am so sick and tired of the negativism that I am paying more attention to what she is saying and like some of what I hear..I am not alone..So, keep it up and see what happens in a couple of years..

Nita

Old 02-13-2010, 11:34 AM

37,956 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
So what's up with this?

I strongly suggest that you not try putting words in my mouth...
For when people try I spit them back in their face.
Did I even mention young Paul? Noooo!
Was Palin the only RINO I mentioned? Noooo!
You need to do one of two things.
Keep that bottle capped until AFTER you've finished your post comments
OR...
Take an adult education class in Remedial Reading.

All politicians, to a greater or lesser degree, are populists or they wouldn't be politicians. The most popular often wins over the more competent. The voting public is often ignorant, naive and fickled and proved that again in 2008.
The problem becomes not the populist, but the unprincipled, devious, lying populist like...oh...I don't know..maybe the Oba-meister!
At first I too thought you were talking about Paul instead of McCain

seeing this statement "I really don't know why Palin is even endorsing him."

directly followed by this "He's the original RINO."

I can see why the poster thought you were refering to Rand Paul. Of course reading on the Vietnam thing wouldn't make sense since Rand is too young.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:16 PM

Default LoveHisCountry

Yes, but how could you miss the meaing in this
Quote:
This realignment with McCain though is sheer madness. She's openly for more conservative traditional values and is now hooked to THE GUY with NO principles who will compromise with anyone on anything if it's politically expedient seeking to make the Republican Party the new official RINO Party. He and his protege Linseed Oily Graham are up front and putting on a good 'conservative-like' show now against Obama, but the Oba-meister knows that when push really comes to shove, that he can get those two jokers in a quiet room and come out smilin' for a joint press conference afterwards with ALL smiling faces and they capitulate in compromise to him.
I all but hung a sign around his neck identifying him as a RINO by description. The highlighted line excerpt in the above quote being the damning part.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:25 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,205,003 times
Rand Paul... anyone... anyone?

Old 02-14-2010, 10:32 AM

2,126 posts, read 2,383,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you know to all those Palin haters out there, or better known as libs, do you realize all your criticisms of her are helping her, not hurting. If you would just let it drop, she might as well. Instead you take everything she is saying or doing and bring in to the attention of the country, blasting her in everyway possible, from her endorsement of candidates, to her intelligence to her personal life and everything inbetween. What you will succeed is pushing those on the fence into defending her by supporting her. I happen to be one of those that is about to be pushed. I am so sick and tired of the negativism that I am paying more attention to what she is saying and like some of what I hear..I am not alone..So, keep it up and see what happens in a couple of years..

Nita
I doubt the libs really give a hoot that you're on the brink of supporting her. Keep paying attention to what she is saying and if you like it, go join her ranks. Just remember this- Palin works for money, not people. If you forget that fact, you're likely to be gosh darned disappointed somewhere down the yellow brick road there

Old 02-14-2010, 11:03 AM

Default NomadScribe and nmnita

Originally Posted by nmnita

Nita

NomadScribe:
I doubt the libs really give a hoot that you're on the brink of supporting her. Keep paying attention to what she is saying and if you like it, go join her ranks. Just remember this- Palin works for money, not people. If you forget that fact, you're likely to be gosh darned disappointed somewhere down the yellow brick road there (She may be working her book overtime and giving you that impression, because she's not independently wealthy and can use a home-brewed 'base essentials' war chest to kick off a campaign around Labor Day of this year.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
nmnita:
Although you are spot on in this response, I empathize with you. The left remains undaunted and cannot help, but react from their default visceral, emotionally-driven point. I suspect that in their frustration with Obama having not accomplished what he promised and worse..., having thrown so many supporters under his very wide and long bus that Palin has become the stand-in. That would be stand-in "whipping gal" to replace the Little Georgie-boy Bush "whipping boy" who they've slashed to a fair-thee-well only to have his second banana step forth with great regularity and tickle their funny bones. They learned nothing from the Brown debacle in MA and so are doomed to encourage a repeat nationally as those who REALLY decide elections nowaday, the indies, say "ENOUGH!" and go for ANY Republican candidate.

If you like her support her. Their is no winning in whining. Ask any demonRAT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections