Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 11:45 PM

31 posts, read 50,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
What part of the world would that be? lol.
My friend has blonde hair and she is average looking. When she went to volunteer in the Phillippines for a couple of weeks she told me people went crazy over her looks because blonde is a rarity there. People were all over her to the point that restaurant waiters gave her the most prompt service and ignore the other customers. Shows you how much people can be turned on by something exotic to them.

Last edited by Bella Vida; 12-16-2012 at 12:03 AM..

Old 12-16-2012, 10:56 AM

6,563 posts, read 12,054,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Vida View Post
I'm a straight female so me responding is weird but since fashion is a hobby of mine I notice looks among women. I don't think European girls are generally better looking than American girls. It's probably the fact that they come across more exotic to American men, which can turn them on. They do tend to be more well-dressed often than American girls, being well-dressed does makes you look nicer, so that could make them more attractive superficially.
That is a good point, and I may have mentioned this earlier in this thread, but I can't remember. I have noticed how European women dress nice (especially Eastern Europe), which is why I find them attractive. However, if I see an American woman dressed nice then I would find her just as attractive. Being in Europe, I just have this image of women back stateside always being in jeans or sweat pants and t-shirts or hoodies.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:54 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Folks, please keep it clean, polite and on topic...

Please insure that you have read over the Terms Of Service (TOS) which you agreed to when you registered: Terms Of Service

Thanks in advance.

This thread is now open.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:51 PM

599 posts, read 2,593,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Yep the world loves fake boobed blonde bimbos over sophisticated dark haired Spanish, Greek or Italian! Not.

And even if someone prefer blondes europe is a far better place . Tall slim natural blondes with modelesque features are far more common in most of europe Europe than they are in America. In fact I dont know a single american girl who falls in this label (and I know more than a few americans).

Old 12-17-2012, 12:31 PM

599 posts, read 2,593,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Smails View Post
Careful how widely you use the term "European". There are some girls who don't fit the tall, slim, modelesque ideal. Especially those tattoed balls of flesh you find in Glasgow waddling home with a greasy bag from the chippie.

Brits arent proper europeans, specially not nowadays.

Go to baltic states, scandinavia, finland, Iceland, Holland, Germany or even austria, czech, belgium,poland etc Finding true natural blondes who are slim and beautiful is way more common than in the US, where more than half of the blondes are dyed and not to mention the epidemy of oversized women.

And about brits they dont even feel eurpean nowadays that's why you see most of their population hanging on american forums, speaking like pseudo rappers and posting memes all the time. I've friends all over the world and the only europeans who write things like LMAO, LOL,LFMAO and post memes/talk about america often are the British ones.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:23 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,940,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Actually... it is a lack of confidence on your part. Since as I've already mentioned that Europeans are in the league of their own, my observation was such, that they are often more confident than Americans when it's coming to smart and affluent women. They perceive it as a challenge that they are not afraid of, and a lot of European women in professional/educational worlds are not all that androgynous. Some are, but some are definitely not; this is more American phenomenon than European, so in this case you are projecting things American onto Europeans.
No, I'm quite positive that my own preference for women who fall along my own professional, intellectual, and economic wavelengths is in no way indicative of a lack of confidence on my part.

Your suggestion that this is somehow rooted in a fear I hold toward "challenging" (whatever that means) women is also absurd--I only implied that I would be less likely to pursue a long-term relationship with such a woman due to the factors that essentially stem from personal preference (preferences which I believe to be perfectly compatible with male nature).

And if you think, perhaps, that I utilized the term "androgynous" to simply describe physical appearance, then you're mistaken--it's feminist-based androgeny as a personality type that I can't personally stomach.

Lastly on this topic, I've not made a single, general remark about European men (or North American men). Male-female relations are, for instance, quite different in France and Poland than they are in Sweden and Denmark--I can't make generalizations about all western men and women (North American or European), and I've acknowledged that already. My gripe has been against western feminism, which you, on the other hand, simply describe as some sort of sexy "challenge" in terms of gender relations. It isn't a projection of "things American" onto Europeans, and you aren't going to understand this by overlooking the international problem of gender-centric feminism.

Quote:
You are right however when it comes to preference and compatibility - not every man is compatible with challenging women, as much as not every man finds himself attracted to a woman whose interests are concentrated in traditionally feminine area - the babies, the kitchen, the latest fashion in clothing.
So what, does this mean that my ideal female partner is only interested in babies, cooking, and fashion-tripping?

Trust me, that's quite far from the truth, even aside from the fact that, frankly, my ideal female partner probably doesn't exist--that's why a relationship always requires a certain degree of sacrifice. For me, a problem arises when it becomes culturally expected of one particular partner (i.e. male partners) to sacrifice more often and more graciously than their female partners (refer again to Western feminism).

Quote:
And again I'm afraid you are making a wrong assumption, or rather half-right one...
Because, if you read this particular thread,

Natural Masculinity versus Culture

( which is interestingly enough concerns European men as well,) you'll see right away that there is no such thing as one single type of man when it comes to relations with woman; the OP ( who is an American like yourself by the way) observes the difference between Americans and Europeans. This is what he is saying; "I noticed this during my time spent in Central America where the men were even more macho than American men. It appears to be partially a cultural aspect. Down there they are expected to be real men, macho men and exert their dominance. However, in more gentler parts of Europe, especially northern Europe, people have told me that the men are certainly even less macho than the Americans. I believe this to be true especially since, for example, Swedish men are world famous for devoting more time to paternal responsibilities."
Fine--men have different preferences. I never denied that, but I happen to be quite interested in speculative answers to the question of why some men themselves have begun to shift away from their traditional gender roles (and by "traditional gender role," I'm not referring to "ultra-macho" stereotypes). I personally think that its political/cultural, not bioligically natural (for better or worse, I suppose).

Quote:
So if we are talking about two different types of man, we probably have to speak about two different types of women as well, yet you seems to be talking only about one, the most familiar to you, the type that I must admit is quite reflective of American women - at least a lot of them.
See even in Russia, in culture that breeds ultra-feminine women and macho men, I could clearly distinguish two types of women; the one you describe more or less - the one that has tendency to rely on men, to seek their protection, the women who can't imagine their life without men, and the second type; strong - headed, independent, the women who have tendency to rely on themselves and let men win them over, since they consider their sexual drive ( and appeal) as a major bait. The first type has been traditionally regarded as the most desirable one for marriage, while the second type usually doesn't fair well, and is mostly used for girl-friend status/extra-marital affairs. ( May be it's reminiscent of America up to the...50\60ies - I dunno exactly.)
My guess is, that there are a lot of variations between these two radically different types of women, but no matter how many qualities from both types one woman can share, deep down every woman still belongs to only one of them.
I would love to address this in detail, but all of this must be discussed within the context of Western feminism, which probably deserves its own thread.

Quote:
And again I think you are wrong when you are talking about Europeans. I don't believe they are specifically looking for women with SUPERIOR intellect ( or income or social status,) but if they happen to come across them and if they happen to be interested in them, as I've already said they are not afraid of challenge. Not ALL Europeans of course, but it's definitely part of their culture.
Let me remind you again that I'm not referring to (or making any generalizations about) European men specifically, as I don't believe that they're really much different from North American men. It is, however, my belief that most feminist ideals, regardless of where they're practiced (mostly in the West, of course), have a desired affect on both genders that is, in my opinion, unhealthy and divisive.

Quote:
I suspect that this "girl power" comes precisely from the first type of women - it's all so Freudian, lol.
From the first type of woman you described? How so?

Quote:
The problem with your statement ( as good as it sounds) is that the "nature of men" is not as unanimous as the "nature of woman." It looks like we are dealing with two ( no, make it four) different archetypes, and in each case the rules are quite different.
Okay, but why are their four archetypes?

The fact that four arcehtypes exist isn't fundamentally a bad thing, but it's evidence, I think, of a culturally and politically motivated shift, rather than a poltically (or scientifically) objective realization that the male and female genders are mostly similar.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,386 times
See ya!

Old 12-18-2012, 05:04 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,546,389 times
I think for Russia IMO it is cause of the accents that makes women there so hot. same with the UK and Ukraine and other countries in europe.

I say that accents are quite attractive IMO.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:12 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
I can do a perfect Russian accent....

Old 12-18-2012, 05:32 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,537,247 times
Both times I've been to Europe (Spain, Portugal, Germany), I didn't find the women to be dressed any differently from women here in Canada overall, with the exception of certain rural-looking people that exist here.

But I definitely feel way more turned on all the time when I'm in Europe, and I think it's the accents, and the slightly different wording that english-second persons have. And being away from home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe