Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,412 times

Advertisements

My mother is Spanish, I am Irish and she is beautiful inside and out, everybody loves her. The most non-judgemental person I have ever met. My father is married to her for 40 years and is still in awe of her. She is incredible after having 8 children, one autistic. She loves children dearly!! I feel so lucky to have her and I can't understand it why I have her as my mam. I have never told her this because Im so shy. Anyway maybe because of this I can't stand people to judge nationalities, it's ridiculous!! Don't put people down and ask stupid questions, be happy with what you have. They're are sweet people all over the world!! I have nothing against anybody even if they don't agree with me on issues. I suffer with extreme depression but will never point the finger at anybody!! Life goes on, live well people. Love from Ireland
p.s my boyfriend is german and he is one of the nicest people I have ever met, little crazy but wonderful, he actually reminds me of my mum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 01:59 PM

334 posts, read 867,516 times
Most of the one's I have none crave lots of sex. So you better be in shape.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
And yes, there are blonde adults in Spain, a lot... for example my grandfather was blonde and a lot of people are, but it is not the famous stereotype
Spain and France were populated by Celts before Rome invaded, so there would be blond hair, naturally.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:45 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,535,626 times
Yes, quite a few blondes in Spain...in fact, the hotel front desk clerk, Alana(?), where i stayed at in Madrid(Hotel Me Reina Victoria) was a very striking young blonde.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:54 PM

190 posts, read 571,394 times
JL

Most of my family are blonde or redhaired, but not very common in the general population. It depends on the family, but not on the geographical location since Spain underwent a very intensive relocation and ethnic cleansing process.

For example, there are towns in Andalusia that are clearly Germanic, and towns in Galicia (up north) that are clearly semitic or many people look semitic, and in the same family you can find Briton, Jewish, Moorish or Germanic looking people.

You can't judge Spanish girls according to desk clerks, many desk clerks are foreign. Many people that serve tourists are foreign, either Slavic or Latins, sometimes from North Africa. Chinese, Russian and Brazilian are top notch tourists and in many cases they don't speak a word of English, so you find desk clerks from those countries in expensive hotels.

As to the character, the Spanish women had the reputation of being hot and tempered and very feminine, but after 40 years of National-Catholicism the character changed....and when democracy came in 1977 and the church lost power, the Spanish women (that were treated by the law as lesser of age until that date) tried to recuperate power by copying masculine behaviour. So the Spanish woman lost a lot of femeninity.

Of course, you find real nice and femenine women...but also a lot of young women of high standing that swear like a templar and behave as truck drivers. Latin girls are different because they did not go from "nuns to harlots" in a very short period.

Last edited by Montpensier; 12-16-2012 at 01:08 PM..

Old 12-16-2012, 02:19 PM

2,825 posts, read 5,263,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Spain and France were populated by Celts before Rome invaded, so there would be blond hair, naturally.
Nobody knows if ancient celts looked like, if they had blond hair or not. And we are not sure how much celts emigrated to Gaul or Iberia, or if celtisation was just a cultural thing.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:29 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,487,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
Nobody knows if ancient celts looked like, if they had blond hair or not. And we are not sure how much celts emigrated to Gaul or Iberia, or if celtisation was just a cultural thing.
I would say it's also genetical, In Galicia people look a bit more blonde and pale than in other places it is said due to the Celtics.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post

Celts were a Indoeuropean culture, not a race. For example, in France you had people with Celtic culture away from the Med and Iberians in Septimania and Hellenized people around Massilia. The people were not different, but the irradiating cultures (Massilia in France and Emporion in Spain) created different Hellenized cultures with their own alphabets.

Phoenicians are believed to have created the Tartessian culture in South Spain, with the first city in Western Europe, Gades or Cadiz 3.000 years ago.

As to the focus of Indoeuropean cultures, they seemed to be just the irruption of horses and bronze in very primitive cultures away from the Med....the irruption of of R1b coming from Maykop invaders. The regions in Europe with the highest concentration of R1b are Wales, Basque Country and Catalonia, so I guess that Indoeuropean invaders looked like Welsh, Basque or Catalans.

Indoeuropean invaders brought the recessive traits of blond hair and blue eyes, that only propspered by selective breeding in hunterer-gatherer societies that granted magical value to such traits (as Americans and Chinese do today).

Old 12-17-2012, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
I would say it's also genetical, In Galicia people look a bit more blonde and pale than in other places it is said due to the Celtics.

Spain was once a Germanic country with 30 Visigothic Kings and Galicia was once Suevia. Spain also suffered many Germanic Invasions, from Cymbrians to Vandals and Vikings (that were crushed in Seville and Santiago de Compostela). Later, Catholic Germans, that were part of the Spanish empire, settled large tracts of Andalusia.

Spain also received a large number of Irish and English Catholics fleeing from reformation and from the holocaust of Cromwell, so now O'Donell and many other Irish last names are very Spanish last names, not to count Britons fleeing from Anglo-Saxons still living around Mondoñedo. They were instrumental in the history of Galicia and had their or Catholic religious cult that lasted until 200 or 300 hundred years ago.

The idea of Hispania as a single state and a central capital is Germanic (Toletum).

Old 12-19-2012, 08:46 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montpensier View Post
JL

Most of my family are blonde or redhaired, but not very common in the general population. It depends on the family, but not on the geographical location since Spain underwent a very intensive relocation and ethnic cleansing process.

For example, there are towns in Andalusia that are clearly Germanic, and towns in Galicia (up north) that are clearly semitic or many people look semitic, and in the same family you can find Briton, Jewish, Moorish or Germanic looking people.

You can't judge Spanish girls according to desk clerks, many desk clerks are foreign. Many people that serve tourists are foreign, either Slavic or Latins, sometimes from North Africa. Chinese, Russian and Brazilian are top notch tourists and in many cases they don't speak a word of English, so you find desk clerks from those countries in expensive hotels.

As to the character, the Spanish women had the reputation of being hot and tempered and very feminine, but after 40 years of National-Catholicism the character changed....and when democracy came in 1977 and the church lost power, the Spanish women (that were treated by the law as lesser of age until that date) tried to recuperate power by copying masculine behaviour. So the Spanish woman lost a lot of femeninity.

Of course, you find real nice and femenine women...but also a lot of young women of high standing that swear like a templar and behave as truck drivers. Latin girls are different because they did not go from "nuns to harlots" in a very short period.
Are the Italian women like this also?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe