Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 11:20 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake County IN View Post
Yes, and as a guy from Indiana USA, I know that it's none of our business to tell other people how to run their countries with our long history of racism, xenophobia and oppression.

It would help if we would learn how to treat people before we start telling others how to treat people.

And I agree, that immigrants are often used to drive down wages and are kept in a state of perpetual victimhood, but how is that the immigrant's fault?

That's the difference between genuinely being concerned with the effect of inequality of your society and just being racist.

A person concerned with society talks about the rich who exploit foreigners from terrible environments to undercut the working class in their countries, who then in turn become pariahs in their new society and often become ghettoized in the process.

A racist is somebody who just says, "If you let the darkies in your country, they're going to ruin it".

There is a difference and there are very few remarks in this thread that speak about the greed of the industrialists who prey on people in a bad situation and a whole lot of "well, they're letting Muslims in now, so kiss your country goodbye", and "the darkies are just raping and killing all your white wimmens, because that's what they do", which is also what I'm getting here.

That IS racism, not standing up to "political correctness". It's the same crap that they've said about Jews/Irish/Mexicans/Italians/Blacks/etc. . . in America from the beginning of time.

Stop couching it as a reaction to Liberal guilt, it's xenophobic scapegoating of people who look different and are from a different culture, while ignoring the economic issues that screwed everything up in the first place.
The USA isn't racist, xenophobic or any other nonsense compared to the rest of the world and never has been. Slavery wasn't "racism", it was cheap labor, just like all of the many other "white" indentured servants.

I think you do have to fear people from other cultures that aim to transform yours. The islamic culture is not about peace and acceptance of others, it's about transforming them into their culture with the sword and that culture is brutal and oppressive. Not only is it counter culture to the Swedes but the rest of western society as well.

If you actually bother to travel to places like France, Sweden, the Netherlands and other places in Europe that have regions filled with these immigrants, it might open your eyes to the amount of violence and hostility these immigrants are bringing and I believe the end result is going to be war and blood letting in Europe within a generation.

I certainly enjoy other cultures and all they have to offer, but also I don't open my door to everyone, especially people that hold views aimed towards taking my home over. Hopefully the Swedes will get a backbone before long.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:24 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,602,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
The USA isn't racist, xenophobic or any other nonsense compared to the rest of the world and never has been. Slavery wasn't "racism", it was cheap labor, just like all of the many other "white" indentured servants.
You and I aren't in the same US of A are we?

Old 05-29-2012, 12:59 PM

244 posts, read 592,921 times
I have spent much time in Sweden, mostly in Stockholm and the surrounding area. However, I have been to Malmö and I really like it. It has a grit about it that most other Swedish cities lack albeit being charming at the same time. Malmö is also a visibly mixed city and there are ethnic swedes and "new-swedes" alike, often in eachothers company. I found Malmö to be pleasant, refreshingly integrated ( despite the fact that there are parts of the city that are indeed segregated in Swedish standards), and nothing like these articles that I have been reading that are persuading the reader that Malmö is an ethnic mix-up disaster and the lead example of Sweden's cultural fate. Things have been blown out of proportion, even though there are real problems to address. I believe that foreign jealousy of Sweden leads to this kind of criticism. It seems that someone is always trying to find where the Swedes may have made a mistake, where they screwed themselves, and prove why they aren't "perfect". Sweden will have issues like every where else, and one shouldn't be jealous if the country makes yours look bad.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:25 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
He/she has a point. Slaves were cheap labor/indentured servants. In many other countries such minorities would've been exterminated.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
I think the leftist view of the USA and that it is "racist" or whatever nonsense they want to smear on it doesn't hold a candle to how much of the world is out there with wholesale slaughter and genocide that has occurred on regular intervals over the past 100 years, plus some.

Leftist like to talk down the USA and don't appreciate just how barbarian much of the rest of humanity is. The USA is a shining beacon of light, which why huge numbers try to get here.

In regards to Sweden, anyone that thinks huge sums of somali and arabic muslims are going to be openly accepting of Swedish culture and values is off their rocker, because that is not what is happening. There is little to no assimilation going on.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
He/she has a point. Slaves were cheap labor/indentured servants. In many other countries such minorities would've been exterminated.
Other countries would have wholesale slaughtered the "slaves" during an event like our Civil War and would not have even thought twice about it. No such thing occurred, even after 1863 with the emancipation proclamation and turn in the fortunes of the war.

Instead many of those under slavery ended up working for their old masters after the war or working close by.

Up north in many cases irish immigrants and others lived and worked in more appalling conditions than many slaves in the south did.

If people want to talk about xenophobia, look no farther than the islamic immigrants coming to Europe and on their march to take over Europe. There is no love, acceptance, peace, understanding or anything else like western values in their dogma and never has either. So far letting in those very different people has done zero for those countries and instead cost a fortune in welfare payments.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:01 AM

355 posts, read 1,190,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

I think you do have to fear people from other cultures that aim to transform yours. The islamic culture is not about peace and acceptance of others, it's about transforming them into their culture with the sword and that culture is brutal and oppressive. Not only is it counter culture to the Swedes but the rest of western society as well.

If you actually bother to travel to places like France, Sweden, the Netherlands and other places in Europe that have regions filled with these immigrants, it might open your eyes to the amount of violence and hostility these immigrants are bringing and I believe the end result is going to be war and blood letting in Europe within a generation.

I certainly enjoy other cultures and all they have to offer, but also I don't open my door to everyone, especially people that hold views aimed towards taking my home over. Hopefully the Swedes will get a backbone before long.

I agree with you. The US is the most tolerant, permissive and adaptable country in the world. Yes, we have been killing each other during the last 500 years for truly stupid things such as religion, dynastic wars, ethnic wars, manic dictators and a large etcetera.

Right now, the EEC is a bubble of peace and tolerance thanks to the US. Just 65-70 years ago, we were killing each other for a chicken, for a bycicle, for a loaf of bread.

All that "progressive" trash in the EU and in the US that puts down the "American Empire" are pathetic relics of the Cold War. Quite a pity the USSR does not exist anymore, they could be packed there to experience their theories. Agnelly, the owner of FIAT, paid free travels to the USSR to all communist Union Members of his factory...they came back transformed.

They are quite funny, they are supposed to be "progressive antiamericans" but their culture is 100 percent American, pathetic.

Yes, Islam wants to "reconquer" Europe with the "womb of their women". Quite sad for places like Spain, that fought 800 hundred years to get rid of them and after winning the war, expelled every single moorish left.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:03 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
Damn, the Nordic countries seem to be full of uppity folk who think too much of themselves. Oh well, not living there so doesnt bother me.
You would base your opinion on an entire regional culture based on city-data postings?

Wow.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:27 PM

244 posts, read 592,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
Damn, the Nordic countries seem to be full of uppity folk who think too much of themselves. Oh well, not living there so doesnt bother me.
It would have been more appropriate (although still too much of a thoughtless generalisation) to say ' Damn, the Nordic countries seem to be full of educated folk who think way too much of others. Oh well, not living there so sucks for me' ......hahaha

Old 05-30-2012, 09:21 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
Oh no, Swedes may now become brunette! What horror what HORROR!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe