Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 08:54 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times

Advertisements

No offense but I have been here in Eastern Europe for 2 weeks and I am so sick of Russians. These people have absolutely no manners, they are so repugnant, I am actually going from Estonia to Finland and this ship is full of Russians, none of them speak any English, they talk so loud, the amount of booze that these people are bringing on the ship is unbelievable, each family is bringing on average, a cart full of beer and hard liquor.

I spent a week in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania and the old Russians are so incredibly rude, they are always in a bad mood, very unfriendly and some of these babushkas think they own everything. I tried to learn Russian and my tutor was one of the rudest people I have ever met, I met people from Europe, South America and Canada, and I would say 90% dislike Russians immensely! Even in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, a lot of people hate Russians because they took over these countries and imposed their culture on them, so far, I have only had 2 positive experiences with Russians out of the more than 50 Russians I have met, TERRIBLE!

Old 08-05-2011, 08:57 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,653,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
No offense but I have been here in Eastern Europe for 2 weeks and I am so sick of Russians. These people have absolutely no manners, they are so repugnant, I am actually going from Estonia to Finland and this ship is full of Russians, none of them speak any English, they talk so loud, the amount of booze that these people are bringing on the ship is unbelievable, each family is bringing on average, a cart full of beer and hard liquor.

I spent a week in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania and the old Russians are so incredibly rude, they are always in a bad mood, very unfriendly and some of these babushkas think they own everything. I tried to learn Russian and my tutor was one of the rudest people I have ever met, I met people from Europe, South America and Canada, and I would say 90% dislike Russians immensely! Even in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, a lot of people hate Russians because they took over these countries and imposed their culture on them, so far, I have only had 2 positive experiences with Russians out of the more than 50 Russians I have met, TERRIBLE!
Lol say all that to their faces, I dare you

Old 08-05-2011, 08:59 AM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Care to elaborate??? So far that's only a general statement. Why they were rude? What they did?

Old 08-05-2011, 09:09 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,855,132 times
Quote:
I am so sick of Russians.
Do I sense some kind of bitterness here ????

Old 08-05-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Care to elaborate??? So far that's only a general statement. Why they were rude? What they did?
No concept of Thank You, Excuse Me or personal space whatsoever. I was in Riga at the bus station and I saw two women shouting at each other, I have never seen anything like that before in the United States, no manners whatsoever.

Most of the former Soviet republics that I visited are total crapholes, Lithuania was a horrible country, very unfriendly, rude people.

Latvia was a bit better but still, the older people looked like hell, no manners, they wore those really cheap clothes, some did not even look like they had showered in weeks.

Estonia was the only country I liked, but I feel like it is because Estonians do not want anything to do with Russia, they look up to Finland because their culture and language is more Nordic, I can see Estonia becoming a great country in the next 10 years, can't say the same about Latvia and Lithuania, Lithuania is particular was a craphole

Old 08-05-2011, 09:24 AM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
People that cannot accept or try to understand other cultures, don't learn at least basics about visiting places should not venture beyond their own backyards...

Old 08-05-2011, 09:27 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times
god, way to paint a whole massive countries citizens with one brush! I would imagine you actually get different types of people in Russia! And you will also get arrogant idiots with no manners all over the world!

Old 08-05-2011, 09:29 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,971,919 times
Well, I've also met some Russian tourists in Greece and in Turkey, and it has to be said that they were not exactly the most elegant people .
But we were already warned about their unpleasant behaviour in advance, so we just stayed away from them.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
Well, I've also met some Russian tourists in Greece and in Turkey, and it has to be said that they were not exactly the most elegant people .
But we were already warned about their unpleasant behaviour in advance, so we just stayed away from them.
Exactly! One other thing that bother me about Russians is, they come to the USA as immigrants, they make no effort to integrate, and when you ask them about Russia, they always say "Oh, it is a great place", yet, they never go back to Russia.

I am happy to be going back to Finland, Sweden and then, back home to the USA, where people are actually "civilized", trust me, I have tried to understand Russians but it is really hard to respect a culture that does not emphasize manners, moral values and/or pleasant behavior.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:06 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
Quote:
No concept of Thank You, Excuse Me or personal space whatsoever. I was in Riga at the bus station and I saw two women shouting at each other, I have never seen anything like that before in the United States, no manners whatsoever.

Most of the former Soviet republics that I visited are total crapholes, Lithuania was a horrible country, very unfriendly, rude people.

Latvia was a bit better but still, the older people looked like hell, no manners, they wore those really cheap clothes, some did not even look like they had showered in weeks.

Estonia was the only country I liked, but I feel like it is because Estonians do not want anything to do with Russia, they look up to Finland because their culture and language is more Nordic, I can see Estonia becoming a great country in the next 10 years, can't say the same about Latvia and Lithuania, Lithuania is particular was a craphole
Sheesh, another craphole is your attitude.

By the way, Finland is not a "Nordic" country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe