Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 04:33 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
If you know how to be safe in America - you know how to be safe almost anywhere. Crime in Russia is just like in America, but there are virtually no guns here...
I don't go into the notorious parts of Atlanta or some of the notorious parts of suburban Atlanta.

What are the good parts of Moscow and the bad parts of Moscow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 04:35 PM

1,725 posts, read 2,068,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Right now, I have a few friends in Brno, Czech Republic. They seem to enjoy the place.
Czechia is marvelous. The only people, who are not having a great time there, are people from very busy places, like Moscow, who are uncomfortable in laid-back places.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Czechia is marvelous. The only people, who are not having a great time there, are people from very busy places, like Moscow, who are uncomfortable in laid-back places.
I also would like to go to other places in the Czech Republic too. I want to try the hot springs in Karlovy Vary.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I don't go into the notorious parts of Atlanta or some of the notorious parts of suburban Atlanta.

What are the good parts of Moscow and the bad parts of Moscow?
Actually, the bad parts are full of dark-colored people.

The general rule in Russia - stay away from "sleeping districts". It's not really for safety, but because there is nothing to see there. And some of them are not safe - not that you'll be attacked, but it happens more often than elsewhere.

Other than that - just common rules: don't argue with bad guys (especially, that America is great, while Russia is a peace of... ), stay away from very suspicious bordellos... the universal kind of thing.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I also would like to go to other places in the Czech Republic too. I want to try the hot springs in Karlovy Vary.
That's Russian city in Czechia. So, if you are really afraid of Russians...

Old 09-16-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:

The general rule in Russia - stay away from "sleeping districts". It's not really for safety, but because there is nothing to see there. And some of them are not safe - not that you'll be attacked, but it happens more often than elsewhere.

Other than that - just common rules: don't argue with bad guys (especially, that America is great, while Russia is a peace of... ), stay away from very suspicious bordellos... the universal kind of thing.
I hope you were just joking around when you said that.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
That's Russian city in Czechia. So, if you are really afraid of Russians...
I've met nice people from Russia. It's just those Neo-Nazis I'm afraid of running into.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I hope you were just joking around when you said that.
Not really - Moscow's gettoes (clean, decent, but often filled with line and line of huge multi-apartment buildings, and always hours away from the downtown during the rush hour) are full of immigrants.

Quote:
I've met nice people from Russia. It's just those Neo-Nazis I'm afraid of running into.
For how many days do you survive American neo-nazis?

These freaks are not that numerous at all, and only a tiny fraction of them is capable of commiting a serious crime.

Seams like virtually all of their attacks are planned. And virtually all of them against residents, not tourists.

Anyway, general crime is what you should be afraid of, not racism. Unfortunately, Russia (especially huge Moscow) has a serious crime problem. The good thing, is that numbers are no worse than in America, but there are virtually no shootings - for me that's a great plus.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:30 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
How very Russian of you. You do realize who you're talking to, don't you?

Some of Moscow's "dark-colored people" happen to be friends of mine. So much for multiculturalism.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How very Russian of you. You do realize who you're talking to, don't you?

Some of Moscow's "dark-colored people" happen to be friends of mine. So much for multiculturalism.
Attacking me again for nothing?

Where did you see me saying anything bad about those people? The areas of Moscow, that are considered the worst, are full of immigrants - that's a fact, and that's what I've said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe