Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2016, 07:40 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,424,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
Dark complexion? I don't consider that Iberians or Southern Europeans have dark complexion. For Google and me, dark complexion is this:

I mean wow there is a noticeable difference between a northern and a southern european, it's distinguisheable; but a southern european is not african... "dark complexion" is a mulatto/afro person.

I'm sorry to contradict you mate, but that's not the typical Spanish female. Penélope is very beautiful, but in Spain 90% of females have kind of lighter skin than Penélope Cruz.

She looks more like a mixture of european & latin american, like a Venezuelan girl. Look at her natural lips colour and she has a more "olive" skin colour. One of the best examples of typical Spanish female:

Blanca Suárez is quite closer and accurate for an example of a "typical" spanish female. For a typical spanish male... Miguel Ángel Silvestre is a great example:

Or at least that's what I see on most people everyday on the streets (without counting people that I know).

The sun intensity has also a lot to do with this. In The Netherlands you'll find quite much of north africans and turks which appear to be "Caucasian", while in their country they are normal people. It happens to me, as I've said before I'm half Dutch half Spanish but in skin color i'm more close to my Dutch mom (although my dad has also a "cream" color skin) with milky skin with freckles; but in Spain my skin gets a bit more "tanned", just for the exposing of everyday's sunlight even with clothes on me obviously, as 99% of times I have at least a T-shirt and short pants on me.

In addition, that's not the typical dutch female. A closer prototype of "typical" dutch female is Ellen Hoog:

A female similar to that one (your image) is not very common in NL. She looks like a Baltic woman, but I can ensure you, being born in a dutch city, that she isn't a good example for a typical dutch female.

Dutch women: (probably 2nd and 3rd from the left have at least 1 foreign parent)

You can do a fast Google search with "dutch actresses" or "dutch female athletes" and you'll see that a few are similar to that woman you posted. Most have closer similarities to Ellen Hoog.
You misunderstood my statement anyway. Penelope Cruz is 100% Spanish, she's not from Venezuela or whatever. I used her as a "typical" Iberian, because she exemplifies well the well- known Mediterranean features of dark hair, dark eyes, dark or slightly olive complexion. This doesn't mean that there aren't Spaniards who could be lighter than what she is! By "typical", I mean distinctly.
The Dutch model likewise is used as a "typically Northern European", the light complexion, light eyes and so forth. She looks more Scandinavian than anything not Baltic. Her hair colour is lighter than what would be considered average in a Dutch population ( light brown to dark blonde), but nevertheless she's a good example. My own mother is of Dutch descent, so I am very well acquainted with Dutch people and how they look like, no need to google. My ancestry is 50% Dutch.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:36 PM

104 posts, read 150,117 times
I wonder what she looks like:

She's Bulgarian, but I've always found her a bit Northern looking despite having dark eyes and her natural hair color being brown. Her skin is pale and she is tall with a narrow face.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:50 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,618,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeryan View Post
I wonder what she looks like:

She's Bulgarian, but I've always found her a bit Northern looking despite having dark eyes and her natural hair color being brown. Her skin is pale and she is tall with a narrow face.
I wouldn't consider her Northern European.

I can see on her a mixture of south-eastern european (Balkan) with slavic influences. I wouldn't say that she is bulgarian, I would say instead that she is from Serbia. The bulgarians I know are usually darker.

Anyways bulgarians and serbians are quite similar, aren't them? I just know some bulgarians here in Spain, but I've never met any serbian in my whole life. Not in Netherlands and not even in Spain. Strange!

Old 11-22-2016, 01:40 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times
Quote:
I don't agree that France is way more diverse than Italy or Spain, maybe it can be a bit , but not way more...

Anyways, anyone has it's own point of view.

Yes Hungary is very diverse, Serbia is also a good example.
The French are FAR more diverse than the Italians or Spanish, unless of course you are in the Saxonwold world of thinking were he completely discounts the 'diverse' population, like he does for the British. In that case the Italians and Spanish are more diverse than the French (if you don't count the diverse French at all) lol

Old 11-22-2016, 02:57 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,328,483 times
Another saxonf.. clone...ufff

Old 11-22-2016, 04:55 AM

104 posts, read 150,117 times
Quote:
I wouldn't consider her Northern European.

I can see on her a mixture of south-eastern european (Balkan) with slavic influences. I wouldn't say that she is bulgarian, I would say instead that she is from Serbia. The bulgarians I know are usually darker.
I guess I have to explore Serbia then when I start dating again. I rarely feel chemistry to Bulgarian females for some reason. Maybe I dig nations that mixed more with Slavs like Croats. I've been into olive skinned girls though, so I often go against my type.

When I came to the Netherlands, I've found I have the best chemistry with Chinese and other East Asian girls and also Romanian ones. I fell madly in love with a brown-eyed/brown-haired Czech girl. I guess I like white/light skin and brown eyes and hair combo the most followed by blonde hair and brown eyes, which as a very rare combo and usually fake blonde. In real life most green- or blue-eyed blondes don't have that it factor, the charisma and the bubbly personality that someone like Farrah Fawcett had. Maybe it's a Texan/Southern thing as I've noticed that many of the American women I find very hot and beautiful turn out to be from there or Louisiana. Many Dutch girls have all the things to be like FF - tall, slim, light eyes and hair, yet they don't have that sunny disposition and personality. Goes to show that for some of us guys looks really are not everything. Especially in university, the females are the opposite of bubbly and positive.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:45 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,618,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
The French are FAR more diverse than the Italians or Spanish, unless of course you are in the Saxonwold world of thinking were he completely discounts the 'diverse' population, like he does for the British. In that case the Italians and Spanish are more diverse than the French (if you don't count the diverse French at all) lol
I didn't say that they aren't more diverse but saying that they are "FAR" more diverse is completely wrong.

Anyways like I said before, anyone has it's own point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
Another saxonf.. clone...ufff
Are you trolling?

95% of my posts in this forum are weather related. Better check your detector buddy.

Last edited by ase42dv; 11-22-2016 at 08:55 AM..

Old 11-22-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeryan View Post
I guess I have to explore Serbia then when I start dating again. I rarely feel chemistry to Bulgarian females for some reason. Maybe I dig nations that mixed more with Slavs like Croats. I've been into olive skinned girls though, so I often go against my type.

When I came to the Netherlands, I've found I have the best chemistry with Chinese and other East Asian girls and also Romanian ones. I fell madly in love with a brown-eyed/brown-haired Czech girl. I guess I like white/light skin and brown eyes and hair combo the most followed by blonde hair and brown eyes, which as a very rare combo and usually fake blonde. In real life most green- or blue-eyed blondes don't have that it factor, the charisma and the bubbly personality that someone like Farrah Fawcett had. Maybe it's a Texan/Southern thing as I've noticed that many of the American women I find very hot and beautiful turn out to be from there or Louisiana. Many Dutch girls have all the things to be like FF - tall, slim, light eyes and hair, yet they don't have that sunny disposition and personality. Goes to show that for some of us guys looks really are not everything. Especially in university, the females are the opposite of bubbly and positive.

Hair/eye colour has nothing to do with personality! I've had blonde girlfriends who had terrific personalities. Now if you prefer Eastern European and Asian women, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that either.

Old 11-22-2016, 02:21 PM

Inma Cuesta looks very Spanish too, she's beautiful.

Monica Cruz

Raul

This man too, "very Iberian-like".

Pedro Rodriguez

Last edited by saxonwold; 11-22-2016 at 03:20 PM..

Old 11-22-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Dark complexion? I don't consider that Iberians or Southern Europeans have dark complexion. For Google and me, dark complexion is this:

I mean wow there is a noticeable difference between a northern and a southern european, it's distinguisheable; but a southern european is not african... "dark complexion" is a mulatto/afro person.

I'm sorry to contradict you mate, but that's not the typical Spanish female. Penélope is very beautiful, but in Spain 90% of females have kind of lighter skin than Penélope Cruz.

She looks more like a mixture of european & latin american, like a Venezuelan girl. Look at her natural lips colour and she has a more "olive" skin colour. One of the best examples of typical Spanish female:

Blanca Suárez is quite closer and accurate for an example of a "typical" spanish female. For a typical spanish male... Miguel Ángel Silvestre is a great example:

Or at least that's what I see on most people everyday on the streets (without counting people that I know).

The sun intensity has also a lot to do with this. In The Netherlands you'll find quite much of north africans and turks which appear to be "Caucasian", while in their country they are normal people. It happens to me, as I've said before I'm half Dutch half Spanish but in skin color i'm more close to my Dutch mom (although my dad has also a "cream" color skin) with milky skin with freckles; but in Spain my skin gets a bit more "tanned", just for the exposing of everyday's sunlight even with clothes on me obviously, as 99% of times I have at least a T-shirt and short pants on me.

In addition, that's not the typical dutch female. A closer prototype of "typical" dutch female is Ellen Hoog:

A female similar to that one (your image) is not very common in NL. She looks like a Baltic woman, but I can ensure you, being born in a dutch city, that she isn't a good example for a typical dutch female.

Dutch women: (probably 2nd and 3rd from the left have at least 1 foreign parent)

You can do a fast Google search with "dutch actresses" or "dutch female athletes" and you'll see that a few are similar to that woman you posted. Most have closer similarities to Ellen Hoog.

I do consider the average Iberian, dark of complexion. which makes their women more attractive too' there is less need for fake tans which are worshipped by Northern European women. By saying dark, I didn't mean that they are Black people! The Dutch on the other hand have a stronger tendency towards blondism.

Good examples are:

Doutzen Kroes (North Dutch), gorgeous!

Marlon Horst

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe