Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 06:24 AM

326 posts, read 673,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Jim View Post

Stefan, I am sure you never traveled to southern France, right?

I have been there many times and they ( Southern French ) don't care for German men. I heard from them, and they always say why do the German men come here and break everything?

The expression " u*ken Germans" was said over and over again from the owners of restaurants. They ( the owners just loved us ( the folks from the USA ) we had gleam in our eyes and were grateful to be there)

hey Stefan, I chipped at the wall, did you? I Drove into East Germany ( DDR ) met a bunch of older guys ( at an old man bar, if you ever travel make sure you attend one, you will learn what you need from them) , very cool to meet older folks, anyway when I said: " Hey you are excited you are about to get 'Freedom'"

They said something very insightful , one man said . "The Russians are like a snake, a Snake sheds it's skin, but it's intentions are the same". One other thing they said is: "the West Germans will come here, buy up our homes and claim it as theirs".

It happened, and the East Germans to this day, are still considered as 2nd class citizens.

Vie are Protesting, were the banners I did see in May 1990, just 6 months later.\
· I forget the German for the word " Protesting, sry " but you get the gist.

Mod, you are welcome to delete anything I post ( no worries ) . Sry to drift off topic.
History, is notable, but not asked for on this post.

* Addition:

When I was in the DDR, I wrote this:

" The Price of Freedom, is very Expensive"
Oh I am in France all the time, incuding the south. Mostly for work but I have also vacationed there (near St. Tropez). Not once had a problem. When did you go? Decades ago? I find that most of those alive today have left the war behind them that ended 68 years ago.

I did not chip at the wall but I have been to Berlin many times. I do not view estern Germans as second class citizens and neither do the people I know. Of course we sometimes make fun of each other but that's not really an east/west thing. The same happens between the Northeners and Bavarians for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe