Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 08:56 AM

796 posts, read 1,162,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Now I know you're simply trolling.
Religion gave you the crusades, pedophiles, witch burning, repression, pedophiles, protection of pedophiles, the inquisition, pedophiles, did I mention pedophiles?
Wow you are very ignorant. You confuse few individuals with 2.2 billion Christians. Crusades happened 1000 years ago, and it was fight to take back land that belonged to Christians. Stop confusing organized religion with Christianity and Jesus Christ.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:03 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,489,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The greater question is would either of them want to hang around with you?
Um yea... I'm like a really cool person to chill with.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:28 AM

295 posts, read 1,154,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
Yes because they are great. My family and friends from Europe, their first stop is Cheesecake Factory and Friday's. we have awesome chain restaurants.
Doesn't your family and friends know that there are many Friday's in almost every country in Europe?

Old 05-07-2013, 09:28 AM

257 posts, read 517,992 times
Quote:
Yes because they are great. My family and friends from Europe, their first stop is Cheesecake Factory and Friday's. we have awesome chain restaurants.
If I traveled to the US, I would stop at Cheesecake Factory just because of The Big Bang Theory. Penny works there

Old 05-07-2013, 09:46 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,489,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetroof View Post
Someone defended Chain restaurants? Hilarious
Yes because a lot of ignorant people come on here and tell you how you should think and what kind of food what you should like.

"No you shouldnt like Applebees because i don't like Applebees!"

Old 05-07-2013, 10:32 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
I live in a mansion and dont live in the boonies, in fact im 5 min. away from the tallest building in america. Can i remind you the USA has a lower unemployment rate than 80% of the countries in europe. Can i also remind you many countries like the UK have a higher crime rate than the USA. And Education lol we have the best university in the world and the most best ones too. Now how about your ignorance?
LOL, because of the subject matter this makes me chuckle

Old 05-07-2013, 10:36 AM

985 posts, read 1,853,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
The UK is more closely related to North America than to Europe culturally, especially with New England.
The New England that I used to frequently visit is not much closer to the UK than the rest of the US. Maybe the language is a tiny bit more British, the "r" sound a bit less pronounced, but that's about it. And the architecture there might remind you of home.

There is no reason why New England would be closer to the UK than Virginia, which is originally as English as Massachussets. I suspect that the name New England itself gives the impression of closeness.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:38 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
LOL, because of the subject matter this makes me chuckle
and from a professor at a one of those said universities no less!!...

Old 05-07-2013, 10:40 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
The New England that I used to frequently visit is not much closer to the UK than the rest of the US. Maybe the language is a tiny bit more British, the "r" sound a bit less pronounced, but that's about it. And the architecture there might remind you of home.

There is no reason why New England would be closer to the UK than Virginia, which is originally as English as Massachussets. I suspect that the name New England itself gives the impression of closeness.
exactly!!

New England is just as American as Alabama, it does have English roots of course but still, 100% American and not reminiscent of England at all.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:00 PM

1,222 posts, read 2,278,385 times
Quote:
Shopping is still more expensive in the UK and Europe than it is in the US and even Canada.
We also offers lots of coupons and discount here frequently.
Depends. If you want to buy clothes, yes, it is much cheaper in the US, for some weird reason even some European brands tend to be cheaper on the other side of the puddle. However, my weekly trip to the grocery store was much cheaper back home in Germany than it is in the States. Especially fruit and vegetables are cheaper, dairy products, too, meat tends to be the same, except for beef, which is cheaper statesside. Electronics are mostly cheaper, but only because of the exchange rate and the differences in sales tax.

There are coupons and discounts in Europe, too, you know? I hardly ever bought anything for its full price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe