Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2017, 04:44 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yes I do, and that is zero.

Serbia started the Breakup of Yugoslavia war. And it also started the Kosovo war. The US started the 2nd Iraq war. Britain and France started the Libyan War, and Assad the Syrian Civil War.
Bashir Assad did not start the Syrian war. The west did. I saw it with my own eyes. Didn't your mother tell you not lie?

Apparently the Russians finished it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2017, 05:31 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Bashir Assad did not start the Syrian war. The west did. I saw it with my own eyes. Didn't your mother tell you not lie?

Apparently the Russians finished it too.
This isn't really the place to open a conversation about the Syrian conflict, but the USA is the one that removed ISIS from its capital in Syria (that's a fact, not an opinion). Of ISIS's other 2 main cities in Syria, one was captured by Russian backed forces and the other by Turkish backed forces.

PS the conflict isn't over even though Putin claimed again that it was and that, again he was bringing Russia's military home, which has not happened yet.

Old 12-27-2017, 05:34 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Why isn't Russia allowed in NATO? I'll tell you. If Russia was in NATO the US would have a competitor in the leadership of the organization. Also NATO would have a hard time justifying it's expense to the smaller powers therefore adversely affecting the MIC of the west. There are other lesser reasons.

In short NATO likes people afraid, especially people like you. NATO needs a big antagonist so that people like you are obedient and pay on time.
Straw man much?

Old 12-27-2017, 10:30 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Yes I do, and that is zero.

Serbia started the Breakup of Yugoslavia war. And it also started the Kosovo war. The US started the 2nd Iraq war. Britain and France started the Libyan War, and Assad the Syrian Civil War.
The seeds for the breakup of Yugoslavia started with the US-imposed IMF administration over Yugoslavia. They forced the government to relinquish control over various industries, which caused mass unemployment and shortages of goods. As I remember, unemployment shot up to 50% and inflation rose to 200% which contributed to the disintegration of their society.

There was a partition plan for Bosnia-Herzegovena that was agreed upon by all parties. It was rejected by the US and NATO. There were reports that they had offered inclusion in NATO for a Muslim state in Bosnia in exchange for rejecting the agreement. They offered a proposal they had no intention of following through on as a breakaway province would've brought on war with the state.

The CIA and NATO sponsored a local insurgent group (KLA) and helped them stage attacks against the Serbian police in Kosov. The goal was to incite the government into a crackdown on the rebels and the native population in order to spread dissent and resistance. The violence escalates to a war between the rebels and the state which eventually leads to US and NATO military providing overt support to the KLA.

The same pattern of providing initial support to creating an opposition force followed by an attempt to create a legal authorization in the UN for NATO to intervene militarily has been repeated in the other wars.

US also had special forces in Iraq before the 2003 invasion to do the same. The Kurds and Shia rejected the plan to stage an uprising, recalling that they were no match for the Iraq army in 1991.

Old 12-28-2017, 08:52 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
^ you forgot chemtrails, gay bombs and NWO vaccines

Old 12-28-2017, 09:04 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Straw man much?
My post was meant to bring forward the solution to this whole mess. One which people of your persuasion conveniently side step. You want this whole mess to go away? Make Russia a member of NATO.

Can't have that though can we?

Old 12-28-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
^ you forgot chemtrails, gay bombs and NWO vaccines
It helps if you followed the events at the time they occurred. If you don't have the historical knowledge of the events, why bother to participate? I followed the Yugoslavia breakup since I had relatives working in Sarajevo till 1997.

Perhaps, others see the pattern of staging revolts in other countries as a precursor for direct intervention because the news media has previously exposed the US embassy communications discussing these activities in Ukraine, Syria, and Libya.

Last edited by lchoro; 12-28-2017 at 10:05 AM..

Old 12-28-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
This isn't really the place to open a conversation about the Syrian conflict, but the USA is the one that removed ISIS from its capital in Syria (that's a fact, not an opinion). Of ISIS's other 2 main cities in Syria, one was captured by Russian backed forces and the other by Turkish backed forces.
Reports are that the US is using the captured territory in Syria to train ISIS for Afghanistan and other destinations.

During the peak of ISIS' rise in 2014-15, both the Kurds and Islamic State were pumping the same oilfields around Mosul, which speaks to there being cooperation. Both groups sought independence from Baghdad.

There are different layers to Islamic State. Some are cannon fodder, such as the locals who didn't flee when Islamic State took over.

Old 12-28-2017, 01:27 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,799,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
It helps if you followed the events at the time they occurred. If you don't have the historical knowledge of the events, why bother to participate? I followed the Yugoslavia breakup since I had relatives working in Sarajevo till 1997.
I did. The difference is that I read real facts, not some far-fetched conspiracy theories.

Old 12-28-2017, 01:38 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
I did. The difference is that I read real facts, not some far-fetched conspiracy theories.

Evidently you did not read many of the "facts" ...I have a very good suggestion for steering you in the right direction.....just a name, Prof. Stephen Cohen....give it a try.

Even before reading some of his writings, watch some of the videos where Prof. Cohen makes mincemeat of some "journalists".....they showed up at a gun fight with a nail clipper....

The fact that, for example, you completely ignore that the NATO intervention in Yugoslavia was highly controversial even in the West, is a good indication that you do not know your "facts" very well....

Let me give you some facts....

"Wikileaks made public the internal guidelines that the global intelligence company Stratfor issues to its analysts in the field.

In the document from 2009, titled Europe Analytical Guidance, Stratfor alerts its analysts to watch out for any possible riots occurring due to economic crises, since the current situation in Balkans is complex and multifaceted.

Do not forget, the IMF austerity measures imposed on Yugoslavia were in part to blame for the start of the war there. We need to be aware of any economically motivated social discontent,” document states.

Analysts should pay attention to any possible protest and union activity since, according to Stratfor, the protests by Albanian unions inflamed further conflicts.

“Remember, it was the strikes by the Albanian miners in Kosovo back in the 1980s that in a way moved the region towards conflagration,” states the document.

When it comes to possible conflicts and security issues, the report finds Bosnia and Herzegovina most critical. “Any split developing in the Croatian-Muslim federation is key,” it states.
"

Last edited by saturno_v; 12-28-2017 at 01:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe