Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 09:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus View Post
A few years ago in Orange County, cops beat a homeless, mentally ill white man to death. The cops were acquitted. A few months ago in Texas, a drunken, underage teen ran his car into four white people, killing them all. He was acquitted.

Wadda country, right? The supposed Africans you allegedly saw beaten are still alive. These white folks were actually killed... and the perpetrators acquitted.

Throughout my time in OC, I never had a problem being treated badly by anyone. In Italy, everyone was warm to me and seemed to be attracted to me, more so than the white friends I was with.

Sorry, buddy. Try a little harder. I *still* feel privileged. ;-)

Why are you comparing what happened in Italy to the day to day racism that goes on in this country? When I was in Italy I never said that I was mistreated I only mention what I seen happen to someone else. So why are your panties all in a bunch? Btw you proably are priviledged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 09:58 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Actually , it was Lenin who was part Jewish. His mother was Jewish.
Not really.
From what I know, his maternal grandfather could have been of Jewish origin, and then again may be not.
His maternal grandmother however, was half-German, half-Swedish.

Blank family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

His paternal grand-parents were part Russian, part minorities - ( Kalmyk and Chuvash.)

Old 03-22-2014, 11:56 PM

99 posts, read 570,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Why are you comparing what happened in Italy to the day to day racism that goes on in this country? When I was in Italy I never said that I was mistreated I only mention what I seen happen to someone else. So why are your panties all in a bunch? Btw you proably are priviledged.
Calm down, buddy. I was just holding a parallel up to your response. I wanted you to hear how you sounded in response to my posting. Perhaps you aren't even aware how you sounded. It's interesting the see the response it pulls from you, though.

I know you didn't say you were mistreated in Italy. You wanted to convince me it was hard for blacks & made sure to tell me you had no bad experience. This, on the heels of discussing my good experience as a black guy. Your comment pertains to this posting, but, as a response to me it sounded more like someone who needed to convince me that it's hard for blacks in spite of it all.

My point in bringing up what happened in OC is simply to point out that, what you claim happened isn't an Italy thing. Furthermore, it's not always blacks at the brunt of issues. That homeless white man who was killed could've easily been from Germany & the black tourists could gloat about nothing happening to them. So what point would that make? What point did you make? My point was to tell the OP not to worry about racism.

My initial posting was to point out that anyone can have good/bad time & it's not always about race. You chimed in (specifically to me) with a... story of blacks beaten and how nothing bad happened to you at all. That has nothing to do with my comment.

Reminds me of some folk who, when I tell them I've never had an issue catching a taxi, instead of saying, 'Good for you,' they work overtime trying to convince me that racism exists & that blacks have it hard. My good life sometimes bothers poor whites, or whites raised in poor families. Might be hard to swallow, but some blacks live a more charmed life than whites & we have a good time abroad, in spite of your need/efforts to convince us otherwise. I don't even think you're conscious of what you response to me said about you.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:51 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,619,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
Russians are not very good with tolerating anything different than what "majority" is.... so being black, gay, or muslim will be a problem, thats nothing new.
You probably do not know that we have 190 nationalities and faith in the Russian-Orthodox, Islam and Buddhism. Your post is not true in this attitude.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:29 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,904,948 times
The main racist attitudes I saw in the Russia Far East were aimed towards Chinese people, of whom I heard numerous (educated) Russians talk about as less-than-human.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:43 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,838,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
The main racist attitudes I saw in the Russia Far East were aimed towards Chinese people, of whom I heard numerous (educated) Russians talk about as less-than-human.
Not long before China will send its troops there to protect its people

Old 03-23-2014, 05:42 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus View Post
Calm down, buddy. I was just holding a parallel up to your response. I wanted you to hear how you sounded in response to my posting. Perhaps you aren't even aware how you sounded. It's interesting the see the response it pulls from you, though.

I know you didn't say you were mistreated in Italy. You wanted to convince me it was hard for blacks & made sure to tell me you had no bad experience. This, on the heels of discussing my good experience as a black guy. Your comment pertains to this posting, but, as a response to me it sounded more like someone who needed to convince me that it's hard for blacks in spite of it all.

My point in bringing up what happened in OC is simply to point out that, what you claim happened isn't an Italy thing. Furthermore, it's not always blacks at the brunt of issues. That homeless white man who was killed could've easily been from Germany & the black tourists could gloat about nothing happening to them. So what point would that make? What point did you make? My point was to tell the OP not to worry about racism.

My initial posting was to point out that anyone can have good/bad time & it's not always about race. You chimed in (specifically to me) with a... story of blacks beaten and how nothing bad happened to you at all. That has nothing to do with my comment.

Reminds me of some folk who, when I tell them I've never had an issue catching a taxi, instead of saying, 'Good for you,' they work overtime trying to convince me that racism exists & that blacks have it hard. My good life sometimes bothers poor whites, or whites raised in poor families. Might be hard to swallow, but some blacks live a more charmed life than whites & we have a good time abroad, in spite of your need/efforts to convince us otherwise. I don't even think you're conscious of what you response to me said about you.
Ok, sorry about that. I really do not think that they beat them because they were black but because they were in Venice selling knock-off goods, which apparently is against the law. My comparison to the States when this same thing happens it is more race driven than anything else.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:41 PM

334 posts, read 454,802 times
Blacks have been in Russia since ancient times. In and around the Black Sea, and in Siberia even, there were many black slaves, servants, and traders that have continuously arrived in Russia. Descendants of Blacks that came to Russia several centuries ago still live in Russia to this day.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Know when the 90s I first saw the Chinese in the city, they were very grubby and behaved very badly. Much depends on the people. I know some Chinese businessmen and quite nice and pleasant people.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorderoAries View Post
Blacks have been in Russia since ancient times. In and around the Black Sea, and in Siberia even, there were many black slaves, servants, and traders that have continuously arrived in Russia. Descendants of Blacks that came to Russia several centuries ago still live in Russia to this day.
In Siberia, black people slaves in ancient times?You have too developed imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe