Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2020, 10:33 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,428,938 times

Advertisements

Russia will melt thanks to global warming.

Question: are there any independence movements in the far east of Russia? How serious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2020, 08:16 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,475,037 times
https://www.wsj.com/articles/an-asse...rd-11607696623

Old 12-11-2020, 09:55 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Russia will melt thanks to global warming.

Question: are there any independence movements in the far east of Russia? How serious?

There are some. Not serious.
But anti-government's movements are serious over there.

However these people are trying to "wake up" other Russian cities all over the country, so they would JOIN them in a protest.
It's one of their main slogans.

Old 12-11-2020, 11:59 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,924,430 times
Yeah there were many articles written about the Khabarovsk protests over the summer, what is the status on that btw?

Old 12-11-2020, 12:45 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Yeah there were many articles written about the Khabarovsk protests over the summer, what is the status on that btw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF6mVXtAOPs

Furgal has run out of money, and there is nothing else to pay for extras at rallies.And if there is no money, then there are no protesters. There are several dozen ideological ones left here.Well, here's the Communist party, as without them. And real people, ordinary people, will never go to any rallies for an official.Who needs it. They will put the official in jail and serve him right . So I think. Who will find a freeze frame in the video with the image of what is in the title of the video? I didn't find something.
PostScript.
Yes, Yes, of course, I will now be told that if this person is in the opposition, then all people are for him together and on the barricades, but if he is not in opposition to the current government, then he is undoubtedly a THIEF and a corrupt official.The presence of honest and decent people in Russia is an exclusively Pro-Western opposition and this dogma is not discussed. "Yes, I know. )))

Old 12-11-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post

They still keep on protesting Grega - as much as they can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZlzIFCa7Gc

And as for "real people, ordinary people, will never go to any rallies for an official," as Turist writes here, is obviously a nonsense.

These are very much real, ordinary people protesting, standing by their choice - i.e. Sergey Furgal as the governor.

By the way I found this old(er) "60 minutes" program on a subject, where the hosts are pushing Kremlin's line about "Furgal the criminal," and even if you can't read the sea of negative comments left under the video, the number of likes (488) vs dislikes (6 k.,) is very telling.
I've never seen anything like that for "60 minutes" show, and I am usually paying attention to things like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwTrL3coYOg

So so much for "no ordinary people go to the rallies for an official."
Even though it's not a common occurrence over there, there are always exceptions to the rules.

Old 12-12-2020, 03:08 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Back in SU women were completely in charge of children and therefore finances ( usually) - it was their domain. Fathers were stepping in to discipline children only when asked.
I remember an American guy ( married to a Russian) living in Russia and describing his experience in a blog of being a father.

How he was the only man showing up at teacher/parents conferences at school, and the kind of looks the rest of women were giving to him.
"As if they were letting me know that I was infringing on THEIR territory and interfering with holly grail of their existential self-importance."
Or something like that.

And father walking with a stroller?

That was unheard of.
I need to find that article. Got a link?

I think I experienced a lot of the same things when raising my daughters with my wife. I was relegated to support only. I worked, to fund the family (she did too but mostly from home) and kept things going when needed such as cars and unclogging the shower drain. I helped with the girls in schooling too when it came to math and the sciences and field trips, camping to fun places.

After a time of us being together I quickly learned to not try to fix something that is not broken. I learned that the females in my life were not being hurt by the squabbles and drama and that they were in fact thriving on it. Any intervention usually just exacerbated the problems.

When I say Masha was a mother second to none i mean it. My own daughters say they would have rolled me if not for her. She was the Stalinista. "Ð’ Ñтом доме только одна Ñука, и Ñто не вы !!!" In fairness it was mostly peaceful but there were "episodes"........

I saw a lot of the same dynamics in her sisters household. Yulia rules the house, Alexi is the support mechanism rarely intervening. I see both my daughters doing largely the same things with their households to.

I think American culture has in many cases lost this. I think raising kids is a learned skill and people who never had a family to grow up in don't know how to properly do it. It becomes a tribal venture with dependence on outside benefactors. I think this is spread by societal forces not good for anyone such as greed.

Old 12-12-2020, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I need to find that article. Got a link?

No I didn't keep it, sorry; I've read that blog, chuckled a bit and then forgot about it until now.

Quote:
I think I experienced a lot of the same things when raising my daughters with my wife. I was relegated to support only..
As I've said...

Quote:
I worked, to fund the family (she did too but mostly from home) and kept things going when needed such as cars and unclogging the shower drain.
With other words, you did precisely what was expected of you.

Quote:
I helped with the girls in schooling too when it came to math and the sciences and field trips, camping to fun places.
Right.
You should be ready for a moment, when your wife will start complaining that "it's all on her, on her shoulders - the laundry, the cooking, the children..."
At this point you need to scoop children up and to go with them to some fun places. By this time they are already older, so you will be approved.

Quote:
After a time of us being together I quickly learned to not try to fix something that is not broken. I learned that the females in my life were not being hurt by the squabbles and drama and that they were in fact thriving on it. Any intervention usually just exacerbated the problems.
I won't even comment on this one, but generally speaking in Russia men prefer to stay out of it.

Quote:
When I say Masha was a mother second to none i mean it.
In that part of the world women are highly dedicated, happy to be mothers, yes - I've never heard about such thing as "postpartum depression."

Quote:
My own daughters say they would have rolled me if not for her. She was the Stalinista. "Ð’ Ñтом доме только одна Ñука, и Ñто не вы !!!" In fairness it was mostly peaceful but there were "episodes"........

I saw a lot of the same dynamics in her sisters household. Yulia rules the house, Alexi is the support mechanism rarely intervening. I see both my daughters doing largely the same things with their households to.
All true, but it all switches at the work place. There men are in charge, and women are in supportive roles for the most part, ( even though officially they can hold high positions.)

Quote:
I think American culture has in many cases lost this.
I don't think America was EVER like that in the first place.

When I watch the old movies/shows, the vibe I get is that American men wanted to be in charge in both places - at work AND at home.
Women needed to be in supportive role only.

But then, again, America ( and thus American women) were spared from the kind of calamities Russia was going through, with men being gone over and over again to the fronts, while women had to take over the "home front" completely, in each and every sense of it.

Quote:
I think raising kids is a learned skill and people who never had a family to grow up in don't know how to properly do it.
And from my perspective ( culturally speaking,) it's first of all about mothers' instincts that they are born with.

Quote:
It becomes a tribal venture with dependence on outside benefactors.
This would be true for Russia and Black America for example, but not for White America.
White America was originally wired in a different way in this respect.

"My home is my castle, I pay for this this and that, and I am in charge of it all, with no reliance on the outer world. ( That is when it comes to men.)

Quote:
I think this is spread by societal forces not good for anyone such as greed.
All countries/societies are wired differently, when it comes to "internal arrangements" of the "family units."

That's my observation.

Last edited by erasure; 12-13-2020 at 12:09 AM..

Old 12-13-2020, 01:48 PM

Putin is not amused by growing prices on basic foodstuff in Russia, pointing to his ministers that it has nothing to do with Covid ( when it comes to specifically Russian market,) but growing international prices, and desire of Russian producers to make money on it.

Which is NOT a good idea, when Russians are going through hardships as it is, as far as Putin concerned.
So like back in Soviet times, he orders to control the price on basic necessities ( foodstuff.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVe9tUh9hRM

Last edited by erasure; 12-13-2020 at 02:04 PM..

Old 12-13-2020, 03:04 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
In that part of the world women are highly dedicated, happy to be mothers, yes - I've never heard about such thing as "postpartum depression."
I never heard of it elsewhere but this society is very good at creating conditions where none exist and promoting the merits of victim hood. For a price of course. It's very sophisticated in nature and I think not something found elsewhere.

Quote:

"My home is my castle, I pay for this this and that, and I am in charge of it all, with no reliance on the outer world. ( That is when it comes to men.)
I never saw that anywhere when i was growing up. I don't remember any of it in other places. The guy is either working with the mother or utterly worthless to her. The latter is becoming far more common. That was most likely Hollywood trying to look relevant, it has nothing to do with real life as i know it.

But then, again, America ( and thus American women) were spared from the kind of calamities Russia was going through, with men being gone over and over again to the fronts, while women had to take over the "home front" completely, in each and every sense of it.

And from my perspective ( culturally speaking,) it's first of all about mothers' instincts that they are born with.

Quote:
This would be true for Russia and Black America for example, but not for White America.
White America was originally wired in a different way in this respect.

All countries/societies are wired differently, when it comes to "internal arrangements" of the "family units."

That's my observation.
I disagree. In the absence of extremes such as prolonged conflict where many males are dying often or extremes in some form affect the structure family is the rules in stable societies. This has been with us as far back as Homo Erectus who invented the extended family. The family unit is the basic building blocks of the clan and therefore the tribe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe