Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2021, 05:08 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times

Advertisements

Kemerovo gets most of its development money from China, who give loans to be repaid in coal. Now that Germany will be closing their coal plants, Russian coal exports to its biggest energy customer will take a hit. China already said they are not going to increase coal imports anymore. I hope they find a way to help that region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 06:53 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Who told you that Putin got Pfizer?
Or is it your usual la-la?
Peskov calls him personally

Old 06-10-2021, 07:30 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

Quote:
"Kemerovo gets most of its development money from China, who give loans to be repaid in coal. Now that Germany will be closing their coal plants, Russian coal exports to its biggest energy customer will take a hit. China already said they are not going to increase coal imports anymore. I hope they find a way to help that region."
^
I think DKM is correct here Scrat, unfortunately, so I am always weary when I hear about the "grand projects" that involve Siberia, since it's way too close to China for comfort.

What "development of tourist infrastructure" in those lands?
For whom exactly?

Russians who love that kind of settings are making there precisely for its wilderness, the rest are heading South ( any Southern destination to get some sun and seashores.)

That's how it is.
So what these "grand plans"/"investments" are exactly for, and for whom?

If I hear one more case of the bears ( or any other wild life) with their paws being cut off and their gall bladders missing...- that kind of savagery..

You know what I am talking about, and you know my outlook on...
Well, you know.
But that's what Putin's government is quietly aiming at, and that's the kind of "developments" and "investments" they are planning, in order to increase its "financial gains."
They just package/word it more carefully now, in order to not to set alarm and negative sentiments among Russians towards the current gov. They like to trumpet about their "victories," and victories only.

So China is a trap for Russia in the long run Scrat, UNLIKE the long-lasting union with Germany, which is the sure way to prosperity and security of both nations ( the whole Europe actually.)

And THAT'S what American politicians were trying to prevent for long time already, pushing for China's development instead.

It was the whole *wonderful plan* designed back in the 90ies, "how to quietly strangle Russia."

Too bad it backfired on US as well - the whole deal involving China.

So let me start untangling this diabolic knot, that has been tied 30 years ago by the likes of Clintons.

But for that I'll need to address German politics, the way German politicians perceive today's Russia and the reasons behind it.

Last edited by erasure; 06-10-2021 at 07:47 PM..

Old 06-10-2021, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Peskov calls him personally

Yes, DKM has "blat" in Russia - the kind I can't even imagine apparently.

P.S. DKM, just to let you know - this particular word is used in connection with receiving some goods or services through your "friendly connections" in higher places, but NOT when you receive the info through those channels.

( At least that's how it used to be back in my days))) )))

Old 06-10-2021, 07:57 PM

2,217 posts, read 1,324,871 times
So this is still on the table right?
Power of Siberia 2 gas pipeline

Quote:
May 7, 2021
China on track to reach peak coal use, coal-fired capacity and emissions by 2025: energy expert
- Peking University energy researcher says China could go ahead with some of its planned coal projects with advanced technology to replace outmoded tech
- Power sector emissions could peak by 2025 at 4.5 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide, says global energy researcher
China is on track to reach peak coal consumption,
coal-fired capacity and emissions from the power sector by 2025 in line with Beijing’s climate targets,
according to a researcher with Peking University’s Institute of Energy.
Kang Junjie, deputy director of the university’s climate change and energy transition programme, said China’s coal consumption and power sector carbon emissions could peak by 2025.
He expects China’s peak installed coal-fired power capacity to hit 1,150 gigawatts by 2025, up from 1,095GW last year.
These targets are in line with President Xi Jinping’s commitment at the virtual climate summit of world leaders in late April that China would hit peak coal consumption by 2025.
Kang estimated that China’s wind and solar power capacity would increase 550GW by 2025, with another 50GW increase from gas, 100GW from hydropower, 20GW from nuclear and 20GW from biomass.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/poli...d-capacity-and

Old 06-10-2021, 08:22 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Power of Siberia 2 would be attempting to compete with LNG China imports and plans to import. It cannot compete on cost, but Putin may dump some Russian reserves into subsidizing it to make it appear they are somehow part of China's rise. Putin vanity projects paid for by Russians. Because nobody can possibly give them a better life than he is.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:49 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes, DKM has "blat" in Russia - the kind I can't even imagine apparently.

P.S. DKM, just to let you know - this particular word is used in connection with receiving some goods or services through your "friendly connections" in higher places, but NOT when you receive the info through those channels.

( At least that's how it used to be back in my days))) )))
We call such people "инсайдеры". In English, probably the definition will be as "the inside man".

Old 06-10-2021, 11:08 PM

2,217 posts, read 1,324,871 times
Quote:
We call such people "инсайдеры". In English, probably the definition will be as "the inside man".
"Deep Throat"

Old 06-10-2021, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
"Deep Throat"

We need to realize by now that DKM is not some "хухры-мухры" ( using the Russian expression here,) not some simpleton - he has some *connections* in Moscow of utmost importance. The "Deep Throat," yes.

So we need to heed his wisdom apparently, instead of chuckling mercilessly here.

Old 06-10-2021, 11:39 PM

Quote:

Same word - the "insiders" in English.

But that's not what he meant, hinting at his "connections."

Last edited by erasure; 06-10-2021 at 11:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe