Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2021, 09:49 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
If you think Hillary was or is a neocon, you've never met a neocon, and I have a bridge to sell you.
Really....

All I need to know....sure "smart power" whatever that nonsense means

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DXDU48RHLU

Hillary is a neocon as they come.....sure there are several shades of nuttiness....does the name Robert Kagan tell you anything?? That nutcase was Hillary fundraiser...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2021, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Love to see the active discussions and opinions on here today. Good stuff.

The Ukraine military aid freeze is being misunderstood. There is the regular military aid, which is still going on the same. This is in the deal Congress puts on each year and gets updated every six months. The coast guard ships and the continued training make up the majority of the current aid. Then there was the emergency aid put together in case Putin moved his forces into attack mode. That includes some short range air defenses and extra anti-tank weapons. That part is still put together but wasn't deployed to give peace and dialog a chance. What I just said is actually in that article. Anyway, it appeared to have worked so why would we send it now... I know, spin away all you want as usual I don't care. Fine with me.

Peace takes few words of commitment from Ukraine to implement the Minsk Protocol..that's all...it's all in Ukraine hands.

Old 06-18-2021, 10:11 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,567,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Really....

All I need to know....sure "smart power" whatever that nonsense means

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DXDU48RHLU

Hillary is a neocon as they come.....sure there are several shades of nuttiness....does the name Robert Kagan tell you anything?? That nutcase was Hillary fundraiser...
Wiki.
Quote:
In international relations, the term smart power refers to the combination of hard power and soft power strategies. It is defined by the Center for Strategic and International Studies as "an approach that underscores the necessity of a strong military, but also invests heavily in alliances, partnerships, and institutions of all levels to expand one's influence and establish legitimacy of one's action."[1]

Old 06-18-2021, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
Wiki.
That is definitely not what Hillary did advocate in reality.....she was definitely a regime changer...

There is nothing really that special in "Smart Power" anyway....it's also called "real world" and real geopolitics among powerful countries.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:40 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Hillary advocated the people's will. Democracy. That got her labeled "neocon" by authoritarian propaganda. The truth is, she had some neocon positions. She's no Richard Perle (whom I've met, and admire). But the neocon label was a convenient slur, which was brought up around the time of Ukraine's revolution and spurred on by the fact that she had support in the 2016 elections by actual neocons. I would know, am one. But I still did not vote for Hillary.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:42 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Peace takes few words of commitment from Ukraine to implement the Minsk Protocol..that's all...it's all in Ukraine hands.
Only if they agree to Russia's terms of implementation. Which is a loss of sovereignty. There is a way to actually make it work, but Russia rejects Ukrainian sovereignty. We've been down this road before on here and I don't seek to rehash old arguments just because you brought it up.

Old 06-19-2021, 12:21 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
It is hurting the Russian,same as the Turks with their currency.
Unless you are Gazprom,borrows in rubles and get paid in Euro.
How about the Venezuelans,their currency is worth ZERO
You didn't answer (or couldn't answer) my question. How it affected my purchasing power.For which products and for whose products did my purchasing power decrease? In particular, whose products have become more expensive for me? Where are these products made?

After all, all the most interesting things are in the details. Isn't it?

Old 06-19-2021, 12:26 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Only if they agree to Russia's terms of implementation. Which is a loss of sovereignty. There is a way to actually make it work, but Russia rejects Ukrainian sovereignty. We've been down this road before on here and I don't seek to rehash old arguments just because you brought it up.

Because it has none.
It's an American colony and we all know it.

Old 06-19-2021, 07:41 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
The Kiev junta is not the legitimate government of Ukraine by any sane standard. Ukraine is not a legitimate "democracy".

If you speak out or object about the situation you can end up a corpse in a park or get sulpheric acid in your face.

Old 06-19-2021, 07:52 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Is violent crime getting worse in Russia?

https://www.rt.com/russia/527034-us-...murder-russia/

There seems to have been an uptick lately. A woman was beaten senseless in Smolenck in a random attack a few weeks ago and they got the guy.

I wonder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe