Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2021, 06:54 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

If true this is an excellent result.

https://www.rt.com/news/533929-israe...epelled-syria/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2021, 09:32 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
If true this is an excellent result.

https://www.rt.com/news/533929-israe...epelled-syria/

Oh yeah.
This is one more huge problem growing on the horizon - Russian interests in the area vs Israel interests ( backed by the US.)

Meanwhile, pigs are out to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_dAUPW1XDY&t=10s

Old 09-04-2021, 01:04 PM

Here is more news in details ( and, among other things - as I expected India has reached out to Russia, feeling the isolation among the likes of Pakistan and China.
So Russia becomes the major player in the region, with the rest of powers looking at Putin in hopes of settling their differences. Therefore Russia will be riding a high wave, but not for long - this needs to be kept in mind.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt2b7ghFAV0

P.S. Overall Russians are very sly about the whole US fiasco in Afghanistan ( they didn't forget the referral to the "gas station with the nukes" - oh they did not.)

Officially, they are not gloating, but I see the footage that they are showing on their channels ( including the last hours of the US army in Kabul, ) and those images are not pretty, I can tell you that much.

Last edited by erasure; 09-04-2021 at 01:56 PM..

Old 09-04-2021, 01:46 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
WION and Gravitas present the Indian government view on the geopolitics. They take stands that are in opposition to Chinese, Afghan, and Pakistani interests. It's the same when you read or watch Global Times (pro China), Epoch Times (anti China), BBC, VOA, NYT, WaPo, and a number of others that advocate for the positions of their respective governments.

Things are in wait-and-see mode on Afghanistan since they're trying to form a government and they are being choked off financially, trying to exert US influence.

Old 09-04-2021, 06:27 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
That channel is accusing the US media of covering up the current COVID wave. That couldn't be further from the truth. They appear to be pulling their stories off the US news sites, typically from TV news channels and newspaper sites in the states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEi2UhNIQAw

They seem to be trying to sensationalize things like some of the politically-skewed news blogs in the U.S.

Old 09-04-2021, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Here is more news in details ( and, among other things - as I expected India has reached out to Russia, feeling the isolation among the likes of Pakistan and China.
So Russia becomes the major player in the region, with the rest of powers looking at Putin in hopes of settling their differences. Therefore Russia will be riding a high wave, but not for long - this needs to be kept in mind.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt2b7ghFAV0

P.S. Overall Russians are very sly about the whole US fiasco in Afghanistan ( they didn't forget the referral to the "gas station with the nukes" - oh they did not.)

Officially, they are not gloating, but I see the footage that they are showing on their channels ( including the last hours of the US army in Kabul, ) and those images are not pretty, I can tell you that much.
Kanal 1 and Vesti?

Old 09-04-2021, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
WION and Gravitas present the Indian government view on the geopolitics. They take stands that are in opposition to Chinese, Afghan, and Pakistani interests. It's the same when you read or watch Global Times (pro China), Epoch Times (anti China), BBC, VOA, NYT, WaPo, and a number of others that advocate for the positions of their respective governments.

Things are in wait-and-see mode on Afghanistan since they're trying to form a government and they are being choked off financially, trying to exert US influence.
I am no fan of WION. Gravitas? As soon as she mentioned the bounties on US soldiers I closed it.

I'm in the same mode. I don't think the Western powers and their ME running mates are going to allow peace in Afghanistan. The Talibs are apparently trying to get into the Panshir valley but there's not a lot of progress. Every bush, every rock is mined. The alliances of old are forming. Afghanistans only hope is China and Russia.

Old 09-04-2021, 06:42 PM

The offensive didn't go well.

https://tass.com/world/1334077

The valley is too easy to defend.

Old 09-04-2021, 07:42 PM

Quote:

Of course everyone is presenting certain point of view, that represents respective parties' interests.

How else can it be?

Is there such thing as "universal interest" that unites everyone?

Of course not.

"Do by us" ( do what we need ( insert here US, India, Russia, China - whoever,)) and there will be peace."
Isn't it what it's all about?

And of course I don't believe for a moment that having the terrorist government, that forces the population to live by the Sharia law, is somehow "in Afghanistan's interests."
Of course it's not.

They need something there like in the neighboring Tadjikistan to have the stability at last; that should work even with Islam as the religion - the heck with it.

( It's interesting to listen how the Russians are arguing with Tadjiks on line ( and other muslims from the "stans." )

And with everything said above, even within the "leading nations" there is increasingly no "united voice" as it used to be.

Here is yet another interesting dispatch of the Gravitas/WION ( yes I screen them all, because they tend to be the "sensationalists" and to go overboard sometimes with that.)

But going back to this dispatch below, even Americans I'm sure will not have the "united" outlook on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXdSDKSz5ZE

Old 09-04-2021, 07:52 PM

Quote:
That channel is accusing the US media of covering up the current COVID wave. That couldn't be further from the truth. They appear to be pulling their stories off the US news sites, typically from TV news channels and newspaper sites in the states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEi2UhNIQAw

They seem to be trying to sensationalize things like some of the politically-skewed news blogs in the U.S.

Yes they have tendency to sensationalize the material - it's their style, while in US I've noticed ( since Biden is in charge) the media has tendency to tone everything down.

And that's what (in this particular case) Gravitas doesn't like.

They have their axe to grind, since they still remember the images on American TV, portraying the spike of Covid in India, so they want the same "sensational approach" to the picture in America now ( or at least the same type of doom and gloom in this respect, that they saw during Trump's presidency.)

In fact now when I think about it, they mentioned somewhere that Taliban leaders are not banned from Twitter, only Trump is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe