Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 02:43 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times

Advertisements

Undoubtedly)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 05:11 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
And listen buddy, we have very strict housing rules and a lot of building experience.
I can see those housing rules. We call them building codes here in America. Good and bad, in the Seattle area if you want to build an ornamental out house in your back yard by the time all the required permits are in hand they're $8000 into you and there has not been a nail driven.

Not even the Soviets were that bad.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post

Undoubtedly)
Looks like one of the new homes I see under the Spokane St Viaduct in Seattle everyday.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:47 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
And you look at the photo carefully.
Torn off the ground pillars of the fence, torn pieces of roofing .. What is it like not a hurricane?
It was not a hurricane. It was a storm. The houses were built in violation of technology. Unfortunately, there are a lot of unscrupulous builders of frame houses on the market.

The Finnish school of house construction is considered very good. But I think that the Russian school of frame house construction will be just as good in 15-20 years.

Stone, bricks, log houses are built good at the present time.

Old 05-13-2017, 03:49 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,165,924 times
When the Russia get down as a drunken sailor and what well do with its?

Old 05-13-2017, 01:23 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,929,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Looks like one of the new homes I see under the Spokane St Viaduct in Seattle everyday.
Scrat what's your obsession with downgrading Seattle and equating it to Russia, Seattle isn't perfect and has many issues, but most Russians could only dream to have such a city in their country. If you keep saying that Russia's issues are no different than in the western world, than they will never improve, sometimes you have to call it what it is and fix it rather than pretend that everything is hunky dory.

Old 05-13-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Scrat what's your obsession with downgrading Seattle and equating it to Russia,
The short answer is its how I fight hypocrisy. And yes, Seattle does have problems. Multitudes of them. The mayor molesting young drug addicted teenage boys is just scratching the surface. You make a good point too, clean up your own mess before you point fingers at another.

Old 05-13-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Scrat what's your obsession with downgrading Seattle and equating it to Russia, Seattle isn't perfect and has many issues, but most Russians could only dream to have such a city in their country.
I damn near fell out of my chair when I laughed at this. I live in Puget Sound Greg. I am down town Seattle all the time. You can't compare this sterile cookie cutter concrete and asphalt shopping mall city to a city like Belgorod or Smolensk. You can't even come close. You can actually live in those cities. Seattle is over rated, over priced and about as intriguing as 3 day old road kill. It even has a saying that I've heard uttered by a lot of it's residents.

"Seattle!!! We suck but we try!!"

Old 05-13-2017, 05:22 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,929,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I damn near fell out of my chair when I laughed at this. I live in Puget Sound Greg. I am down town Seattle all the time. You can't compare this sterile cookie cutter concrete and asphalt shopping mall city to a city like Belgorod or Smolensk. You can't even come close. You can actually live in those cities. Seattle is over rated, over priced and about as intriguing as 3 day old road kill. It even has a saying that I've heard uttered by a lot of it's residents.

"Seattle!!! We suck but we try!!"
So if Seattle sucks so bad why do you live there?

Old 05-13-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
So if Seattle sucks so bad why do you live there?
I don't live in Seattle. I live in S King County and within a decade I will be gone from here too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe