Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2018, 11:23 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirenami762 View Post
We have the same pensioner receives $ 150, of which half the amount of payment for housing. And they still need to eat and buy medicine.
I myself live in Siberia, the city of Krasnoyarsk.
I live in Seattle. I dream of one day seeing Lake Baikal which I have only flown over. I was in Krasnoyarsk in 1996. Negotiations with you city about the Metro you were building. We never heard back from officials as far as I know. Something about lack of proper funding. It was the 1990s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 12:23 PM

Ukraine lost another SU-27 today. Pilot too. Not many left in the inventory.

https://korrespondent.net/ukraine/40...trebytel-su-27

I'm sure the USAF has some F4 Phantoms in the bone yard Porkochunko can buy.

Here we go. Check out this inventory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m2r4ir7yrI

Old 12-15-2018, 12:58 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Russian hackers appear to have found UK documents on plans to mine Sevastopol harbor before the 2014 Crimea vote

https://sputniknews.com/russia/20181...-russia-mines/

There is a lot coming out about the Integrity Initiative disinformation program which was seeding the media with fake anti-Russian news stories. That was the method for the Syria war propaganda campaign. The governments set up these 'citizen' news bureaus which would issue press releases to be picked up by the mainstream news outlet (so the latter could wash their hands of any culpability of being propaganda organs for the governments).

There is a lot of propaganda fatigue in both the US and UK that seems to be backfiring as the following article claims.

https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201...troll-factory/

It is funny that one mocks the other as they both are running propaganda at the US public.

Old 12-15-2018, 01:20 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

I'm sure the USAF has some F4 Phantoms in the bone yard Porkochunko can buy.
Ahahahah LOL, good one!!!!

Old 12-15-2018, 03:08 PM

The Uskanka Show. Once again shedding light on the roaches of propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMVrWyaYilc&app=desktop

Old 12-15-2018, 07:53 PM

9 posts, read 10,055 times
Quote:
I live in Seattle. I dream of one day seeing Lake Baikal which I have only flown over. I was in Krasnoyarsk in 1996. Negotiations with you city about the Metro you were building. We never heard back from officials as far as I know. Something about lack of proper funding. It was the 1990s.
We can only dream of the subway. I myself was not at Baikal, although I live very close. Everything is very expensive there, cheaper to fly to Asia.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:27 AM

219 posts, read 366,576 times
Quote:
Don't worry about your english, we will figure out what you're saying if we have to. You are doing great so far.

Where do you live in Russia?

Anyway, pensioners in USA do not necessarily live well. More and more are becoming homeless on the street and life for them is not getting easier. It never has been easy.
Simply untrue, I am 40 years old and have never seen a single elderly homeless person in the us. Every elderly person I know lives rather well, often in a warm climate if they choose.

The fact about your English being good is true, please keep posting.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:50 AM

9,362 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebig0 View Post
Simply untrue, I am 40 years old and have never seen a single elderly homeless person in the us. Every elderly person I know lives rather well, often in a warm climate if they choose.
Most homeless, or street beggars, whom I see, in a warm-climate city in the US, are in the 20-40 age-range, most of them seem to be drug-addicts and/or mentally ill, and so not elderly and not homeless or otherwise on the street because of lack of resources.

They are county-wide programs, both public and private, to help them, but, I suppose, some of them choose not to avail themselves of such help, preferring instead to deal with their problems on their own, while others may be ignorant that such help exists. Yet others are professional pan-handlers.

Anyway, this is an interesting thread because it shows that false/fake news, disinformation and propaganda are a multi-track circuit flowing in all directions.

What's going on in Donbass nowadays? Does the Ukraine government have any effective control on the ground, or do local independent powers hold most sway? Who controls border crossings?

Thanks.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:25 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebig0 View Post

The fact about your English being good is true, please keep posting.

It's not about what YOU see ( or not.)
It's about facts.

https://www.realchangenews.org/2018/...ecome-homeless

https://www.vox.com/first-person/201...r-50-statistic

Just an example;

"So now, at 76, she earns $915 a month through Social Security and through Supplemental Security Income, or SSI, a program for low-income seniors. Her rent, which she has had to cover solo since her roommate died in August, is $1,040 a month. She’s been taking on credit-card debt to cover the gap, and to pay for utilities, food, and other essentials. She often goes to a church food bank for supplies.
More and more older people are finding themselves in a similar situation as Baby Boomers reach retirement age without enough savings and as housing costs and medical expenses rise; for instance, a woman in her 80s is paying on average $8,400 in out-of-pocket medical expenses each year, even if she’s covered by Medicare. Many people reaching retirement age don’t have the pensions that lots of workers in previous generations did, and often have not put enough money into their 401(k)s to live off of; the median savings in a 401(k) plan for people between the ages of 55 and 64 is currently just $15,000, according to the National Institute on Retirement Security, a nonprofit. Other workers did not have access to a retirement plan through their employer."

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...fornia/553970/

It's easy to find information on line if you are willing to look for the facts, instead of ascribing to your own beliefs.

Last edited by erasure; 12-16-2018 at 06:45 AM..

Old 12-16-2018, 06:28 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Most homeless, or street beggars, whom I see, in a warm-climate city in the US, are in the 20-40 age-range, most of them seem to be drug-addicts and/or mentally ill, and so not elderly and not homeless or otherwise on the street because of lack of resources.

They are county-wide programs, both public and private, to help them, but, I suppose, some of them choose not to avail themselves of such help, preferring instead to deal with their problems on their own, while others may be ignorant that such help exists. Yet others are professional pan-handlers.

Anyway, this is an interesting thread because it shows that false/fake news, disinformation and propaganda are a multi-track circuit flowing in all directions.

What's going on in Donbass nowadays? Does the Ukraine government have any effective control on the ground, or do local independent powers hold most sway? Who controls border crossings?

Thanks.

As far as I know, the situation is still the same - the local independent powers are still in charge in LNR and DNR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe