Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 07:49 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
no Scrat isn't talking about Bellevue, since I-5 doesn't run through Bellevue. What Scrat said is he left Bellevue taking the 1-90 floating bridge, and then as he merged on to I-5 he could see homeless camps under the ramps.

That being said I do see beggars on the streets in Bellevue, but it's nothing like Seattle.

Also homelessness wouldn't be such a big problem in the US if people had strong family ties and close friends who could help them out during hard times, I know plenty of my own family members who were dependent on the family while they looked for jobs for several months, if it wasn't for the family they would've been living on the streets. Liberals have destroyed the nuclear family and now we reap the societal repercussions.

I am not all that sure that it were the "liberals" that "destroyed the nuclear family."
The understanding of "nuclear family" was always different in Anglo-world comparably, say, to traditional Russia.
"Nuclear family" American way - that's husband, wife and children. Sense of "self-sufficiency" and no interdependency promoted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
That's hilarious, it reminds me of something I read about China some time ago:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-23714896

These stories have got me laughing - I mean how stupid do they think people are!

I see nothing particularly funny in this article; never mind usual DKM's poor reading comprehension, when he writes "Wow a Russian writes an article to tell us Ukraine should be split up along Putin's wishes"

Truth to be told, that's what many Russians think ( me including ) that Ukraine should be split into two parts, since it's only logical.

But not Putin. He is not interested in Eastern Ukraine at all; he still would like to keep Ukraine as one whole buffer state, where Eastern part would be promoting his interests in Rada ( Ukrainian parliament.)
And least of all he was interested in adjoining Donbass to Russia.
If he really wanted this to happen, he would have done it, when Mariupol was empty, free of Ukrainian army, waiting what happens next.

So when the article states that "Putin could occupy Eastern Ukraine within 48 hours and face no resistance," ( back then) is all true.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Wow a Russian writes an article to tell us Ukraine should be split up along Putin's wishes. How enlightening. Small problem with his idea of Eastern Ukrainian independence: of the 2 million people who left the Donbas, 1.3 million of them live in "Kiev" controlled Ukraine, the rest left the country.

In other Russian news, the smoke and mirrors of Putin's regime sadly continue.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...?CMP=edit_2221

Sources would be nice please.
Because when you read this
( just an example) your figure doesn't add up at all.

Last edited by erasure; 12-14-2018 at 08:25 PM..

Old 12-14-2018, 08:15 PM

9 posts, read 10,055 times
I believe that we should not go to other countries, we can not establish our own life.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirenami762 View Post
I believe that we should not go to other countries, we can not establish our own life.

Right.
The problem is, those "other countries" will come to you.
As America did back in the 90ies.
So before you will start complaining about your pension, check out what American pension age is, and how many people in the US do/don't have that pension, and how much that pension pays.
Don't forget that the motto "рынок всё разрулит" ( *market rules*) that took over Russia back then, came there straight from the US. Courtesy of American Democrats and wonderful Chubais-Gaidar team.
It didn't come from more civilized societies of Western Europe - nope.
If it were a case, Russia wouldn't have been this oligarchic BS that it is now.

Last edited by erasure; 12-14-2018 at 08:56 PM..

Old 12-15-2018, 02:08 AM

I do not know how in the USA, and in Europe, the pensioner seems to be living well. We have an average pension of $ 150, my salary in a large international company is $ 425. Yes, I do not die of hunger, but I don’t have a chance to see other countries: (Sorry for my bad English language

Old 12-15-2018, 09:20 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I am not all that sure that it were the "liberals" that "destroyed the nuclear family."
The understanding of "nuclear family" was always different in Anglo-world comparably, say, to traditional Russia.
"Nuclear family" American way - that's husband, wife and children. Sense of "self-sufficiency" and no interdependency promoted.
It's debatable whetther "liberals" did anything bad or not. Hell, it's debatable just what "liberal" is to begin with.

I think in a broader sense of scale it comes down to rights of individuals as opposed to responsibilities of individuals. In America the focus is on idividual rights. The right to basically do as you like in life. The RESPONSIBILITIES of individuals are a distant second at best.

This imbalance defeats the purpose of the family unit.

I'm a cross between a libertarian and a traditional liberal near as I can figure out.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:23 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirenami762 View Post
I do not know how in the USA, and in Europe, the pensioner seems to be living well. We have an average pension of $ 150, my salary in a large international company is $ 425. Yes, I do not die of hunger, but I don’t have a chance to see other countries: (Sorry for my bad English language
Don't worry about your english, we will figure out what you're saying if we have to. You are doing great so far.

Where do you live in Russia?

Anyway, pensioners in USA do not necessarily live well. More and more are becoming homeless on the street and life for them is not getting easier. It never has been easy.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Except for parts of Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova...am I wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Don't worry about your english, we will figure out what you're saying if we have to. You are doing great so far.

Where do you live in Russia?

Anyway, pensioners in USA do not necessarily live well. More and more are becoming homeless on the street and life for them is not getting easier. It never has been easy.
We have the same pensioner receives $ 150, of which half the amount of payment for housing. And they still need to eat and buy medicine.
I myself live in Siberia, the city of Krasnoyarsk.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:57 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Leaked Memo Touts UK-Funded Firm's Ability To Create "Untraceable" News Sites For "Infowar Campaign"

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-sites-infowar

At least 30 governments are engaged in creating fake news and propaganda on the web

https://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/news/3021...mine-democracy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe