Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2018, 12:58 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And?

Here it is for you in return - enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zca4-cYzQs

The point is - population of BOTH countries is going through pain.
But Russia's situation is still better.
Africa needs foreign doctors and nurses (exclude Somalia or CAR). In every African country their wage is still high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 05:54 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Things are hard all over. Murika is no exception.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=suiTc_1544477024

I was in Bellevue today, downtown across from the hospital on a construction site. The city was looking real spiffy. On the way back as I came off of I-90 onto I-5 I passed a lot of shacks built under the highways and over passes. Some were quite large and several dozen homeless were visible.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:26 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
And?

I believe he does like the Christmas tree. But his Russian is less perfect than Putin's so I couldn't quite make it out...

Old 12-10-2018, 07:33 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I believe he does like the Christmas tree. But his Russian is less perfect than Putin's so I couldn't quite make it out...

But you DO understand what this woman in Kiev is saying ( since her Russian is very high and clear,) don't you?
Or do I need to translate it?

Old 12-10-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Things are hard all over. Murika is no exception.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=suiTc_1544477024

I was in Bellevue today, downtown across from the hospital on a construction site. The city was looking real spiffy. On the way back as I came off of I-90 onto I-5 I passed a lot of shacks built under the highways and over passes. Some were quite large and several dozen homeless were visible.

If you see something like this going on in BELLEVUE out of all places, then it's real bad.
Bellevue used to be one of the wealthiest suburbs in the US.

Last edited by erasure; 12-10-2018 at 09:08 PM..

Old 12-10-2018, 08:57 PM
DKM

I'm not surprised at all that a wealthy society with enshrined freedoms results in enabling drug addicts. When the choice is live by rules (shelters don't allow drug use) or get high and live like these people, some choose the latter. It is more prevalent in parts of the country which have the resources to support them and the mindset to provide them resources (West coast baby).

I didn't waste time listening to 11 minutes of angry grandma. I'm well aware of the issue of rising prices affecting those on fixed income in both countries. I'm sorry for her (if she's honest). Hopefully they learned the painful lesson of voting in a mafia boss from Donetsk.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
I'm not surprised at all that a wealthy society with enshrined freedoms results in enabling drug addicts. When the choice is live by rules (shelters don't allow drug use) or get high and live like these people, some choose the latter. It is more prevalent in parts of the country which have the resources to support them and the mindset to provide them resources (West coast baby).

You have no idea what you are talking about?
What "shelters"?

There was no such thing miles and miles around Bellevue. All white community, with expensive houses and high incomes.
That's what it used to be.

Quote:
I didn't waste time listening to 11 minutes of angry grandma. I'm well aware of the issue of rising prices affecting those on fixed income in both countries. I'm sorry for her (if she's honest). Hopefully they learned the painful lesson of voting in a mafia boss from Donetsk.
Too bad you don't want to listen to her, because that's exactly what she wants, the return of Yanukovich's times. She wants to have hot water back, livable salaries and affordable prices as it used to be during his time. And she is not alone.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:39 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times
Quote:
If you see something like this going on in BELLEVUE out of all places, then it's real bad.
Bellevue used to be one of the wealthiest suburbs in the US.
no Scrat isn't talking about Bellevue, since I-5 doesn't run through Bellevue. What Scrat said is he left Bellevue taking the 1-90 floating bridge, and then as he merged on to I-5 he could see homeless camps under the ramps.

That being said I do see beggars on the streets in Bellevue, but it's nothing like Seattle.

Also homelessness wouldn't be such a big problem in the US if people had strong family ties and close friends who could help them out during hard times, I know plenty of my own family members who were dependent on the family while they looked for jobs for several months, if it wasn't for the family they would've been living on the streets. Liberals have destroyed the nuclear family and now we reap the societal repercussions.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:33 AM
DKM

Quote:
Too bad you don't want to listen to her, because that's exactly what she wants, the return of Yanukovich's times. She wants to have hot water back, livable salaries and affordable prices as it used to be during his time. And she is not alone.
Not even the most ardent pro Putin supporter I know of wants Yanukovich back. He was a thief and the country's economy was as bad or worse then as it is now for most ordinary people. Otherwise his successor Boyko would stand a chance in the upcoming elections. In some ways its better, in some ways its worse. And you can say the same thing about Russia.

I'm well aware of Russia's desire to paint post Maidan Ukraine as ruined because of Maidan/EU/USA instead of ruined by Russian aggression. This may be the opinion of millions of Russians. But its not the opinion of most Ukrainians. Putin thinks he can succeed in planting this idea because it worked in Russia (that they will be poor like in the 90s if he isn't in power). However he has issues because many Russians know the truth that their economy sucks because of the sanctions due to the occupation of Donbas.

Some uncomfortable facts for Putin: Ukraine's economy is expanding faster than Russia's. Per capita PPP is higher in 2018 than at any time in its history. So now he must effectively close the Kerch straight in order to drag down Ukraine's economy in the east to make those people "miss the Yanukovich times".

Old 12-11-2018, 02:20 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
But its not the opinion of most Ukrainians.
Actually it is......only 2% Ukrainians thinks they are better off after Maidan..LOL

Quote:
However he has issues because many Russians know the truth that their economy sucks because of the sanctions due to the occupation of Donbas.
Russia is growing and pretty much everybody agrees (including west "experts") that the sanctions actually benefited Russia on some aspects...

Quote:
Some uncomfortable facts for Putin: Ukraine's economy is expanding faster than Russia's.
It is easy to "expand" if you start from catastrophic levels LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe