Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2015, 08:46 AM

90 posts, read 111,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
I didn't cherry-picked. I am showing what present true blondism by the Norwegian kid and true rufosity by an Irish kid, that's all. Anyway, for the vast majority of people, hair is blondest or reddest when you're younger this progressively darkens or changes to blonde/white (for those who have red hair) as you get older.
what? you are saying gingers hair changes to blonde. red hair is not red. gingers have a burgundy, burnt orange, or an orange color not a true red like a fire truck or are you going to say gingers have fire truck red hair which is not true they do not produce a true red pigment.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:51 AM

319 posts, read 395,674 times
In Oslo there weren't nearly as many blond people as I thought. From what I saw everyday on the streets I would say about half were non-blonde.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:54 AM

363 posts, read 480,528 times
Quote:
I didn't cherry-picked. I am showing what present true blondism by the Norwegian kid and true rufosity by an Irish kid, that's all. Anyway, for the vast majority of people, hair is blondest or reddest when you're younger this progressively darkens or changes to blonde/white (for those who have red hair) as you get older.
You mean like this norwegian female ?

Then:

Now:

Last edited by Tjua; 02-21-2015 at 09:05 AM..

Old 02-21-2015, 09:26 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,188,727 times
I was platinum blonde as a little kid-
Then around 12 my hair turned to a dark red, lol

Nevertheless I'd love to go check out Sweden & Norway--
Beautiful blonde men = my kryptonite

Old 02-21-2015, 10:11 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,449,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveledtheworld View Post
not all gingers have pale skin as there are gingers who are dark skinned because they of non mc1r gene. so most Rufous doesnt mean palest because that one girl that was posted is dark skinned despite having a majority eurpean genome but she is still dark skinned as a ginger.
Get it right! The vast majority of redheads have a paler skin than average. This in turn also affects the frequency of lighter skin types in populations which have a higher frequency of red hair genes. This is why at the edge of northwestern Europe, in the British Isles populations we get the highest frequency of light skin types. The ratio of Irish/Scottish/Welsh people who don't tan or tan with difficulty is much higher than that of Scandinavians and other Europeans. The ScottishDNA Project also explains it pretty well and links it to the gloomy weather of the North Atlantic region of Europe, where an even lighter skin was an advantage in order to absorb Vitamin D. This in turn contributed to an increase for redheads, because they are for the most part pale-skinned. The Harvard Medical School in Boston has already in a study published in 2013 that the gene responsible for red hair leaves a person up tp 100 times more susceptible to the worst forms of skin cancer. That should any intelligent person, that as rule, redheads are fair-skinned not the other way round. It is not always easy for redheads as myself enjoying the summer, we are always warned to be more careful than others about UV exposure. Now you may come with your jokes, but facts are facts.

Aine O'Gorman (Ireland)

Old 02-21-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjua View Post
You mean like this norwegian female ?

Then:

Now:

You seem to always want to portray Norwegians as a very dark-haired people. The truth is that they are not. Yes, the woman you've posted is a true brunette, but overall ethnic Norwegians are well among the blondest people on this planet at least.

http://g.api.no/obscura/pub/698x698r...37698x698r.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 02-21-2015 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues

Old 02-21-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
You seem to always want to portray Norwegians as a very dark-haired people. The truth is that they are not. Yes, the woman you've posted is a true brunette, but overall ethnic Norwegians are well among the blondest people on this planet at least.
No i dont want to portray norwegians as very dark haired, but they are not very blond either.

Mother and daughter (from Bergen BTW)

http://1.vgc.no/drpublish/images/art...n_Gjelsvik.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 02-21-2015 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues

Old 02-21-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Norwegian blonds:

http://i49.tinypic.com/nz57b4.jpg

Norwegian not so blonds:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8223/8...0982b747_z.jpg

Old 02-21-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjua View Post
Norwegian blonds:

Norwegian not so blonds:
I think those two blondes sitting at the table are attractive. Well if to you, Norwegians are not "so blonde", guess what, most countries on the face of this planet have a lower ratio of natural blondes than Norway. In other words, Norway is still quite blonde. Many Europeans and white people especially of Northwest, Western European descent have their blonde genes which could be traced to Norwegian Vikings who raided and settled those parts of Europe more than a thousand years ago. Every time, I see Norwegians, I see their similarity in physical features to people of Iceland, Faroes Isles, British Isles, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, even northern France. When I say Norway is a blonde country, it's relative to the frequency of blondeness in comparison to other countries. I am not saying that all Norwegians are blonde, but they are more blonde than most.

Not so blond, right? Let see:

http://media.hotelwebservice.com/med...bd8f2cfa6b.jpg

Old 02-21-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
I think those two blondes sitting at the table are attractive. Well if to you, Norwegians are not "so blonde", guess what, most countries on the face of this planet have a lower ratio of natural blondes than Norway. In other words, Norway is still quite blonde. Many Europeans and white people especially of Northwest, Western European descent have their blonde genes which could be traced to Norwegian Vikings who raided and settled those parts of Europe more than a thousand years ago. Every time, I see Norwegians, I see their similarity in physical features to people of Iceland, Faroes Isles, British Isles, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, even northern France. When I say Norway is a blonde country, it's relative to the frequency of blondeness in comparison to other countries. I am not saying that all Norwegians are blonde, but they are more blonde than most.

Not so blond, right? Let see:
Norwegian blond and norwegian not so blond

http://bloggfiler.no/tcmn.blogg.no/i...5434752068.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 02-21-2015 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: Copyright
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe