Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 03:48 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,841,742 times

Advertisements

Dear goD, thou who are in Heaven, make an end to this topic!

Old 02-23-2015, 05:00 AM

3,573 posts, read 3,811,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
No place in Europe may be 100% blonde or redhead or brunet!! In every ethnic European population, we have a blend of all these hair colors. The differences are found in the proportions/frequencies, where we find that Northern European populations harbour a higher frequency of blondes/redheads on average than Southern European one. Nevertheless, no populations in Southern Europe is 100% brunet either, just that the level of blondness and rufosity is lower, in many instances considerably lower than in Northern Europe.

For example we can see really how frequent, blond/light hair is northern regions of the Netherlands for example.

Ethnic Dutch.

How frequent dark hair is in Italy.

Ethnic Italians.

Ethnic Greek
totally irrelevant picture. small children are almost always blonde here, a.k.a "lintott" in swedish. saying very little about the adults hair colours.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:35 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,858,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Holy cow Europeans are nuts with the hair and eye color and skin color debates!
Most of the posters here are American. White American.

The European posters merely try to correct common and stupid misconceptions.

The vast majority of Europeans don't give a rat's ass about eye or skin colour or genetics.

Old 02-24-2015, 01:46 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,978,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Holy cow Europeans are nuts with the hair and eye color and skin color debates!
Not European, but race obsessed Americans

Old 02-24-2015, 01:53 PM

14,822 posts, read 12,064,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Most of the posters here are American. White American.

The European posters merely try to correct common and stupid misconceptions.

The vast majority of Europeans don't give a rat's ass about eye or skin colour or genetics.
Exactly, (with the exception of Julia) it seems you just cannot fight stereotypical views.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:16 PM

3,187 posts, read 4,596,520 times
Well I've only been to a couple of the larger cities (Stockholm and Copenhagen) but from my reckoning brown hair was at least as common as the various shades of blonde amongst Scandinavians. I would be surprised if any region in Scandinavia had >80% blondes unless they're counting the hair colour of people when they're children or a lot of people dye their hair darker.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:26 PM

363 posts, read 480,821 times
Quote:
No place in Europe may be 100% blonde or redhead or brunet!! In every ethnic European population, we have a blend of all these hair colors. The differences are found in the proportions/frequencies, where we find that Northern European populations harbour a higher frequency of blondes/redheads on average than Southern European one. Nevertheless, no populations in Southern Europe is 100% brunet either, just that the level of blondness and rufosity is lower, in many instances considerably lower than in Northern Europe.

For example we can see really how frequent, blond/light hair is northern regions of the Netherlands for example.

Ethnic Dutch.

How frequent dark hair is in Italy.

Ethnic Italians.

Ethnic Greek
Children and teens are too small to be used as examples.

But these over 50 year old pictures from Bergen is ok to use because its so long ago:

Undervisning av sykepleiere by Haukeland universitetssjukehus, on Flickr

Spesialtundervisning anestesi, sykepleiere by Haukeland universitetssjukehus, on Flickr

Undervisning av sykepleiere, kull 145. by Haukeland universitetssjukehus, on Flickr

Old 02-24-2015, 04:00 PM

363 posts, read 480,821 times
Quote:
I think those two blondes sitting at the table are attractive. Well if to you, Norwegians are not "so blonde", guess what, most countries on the face of this planet have a lower ratio of natural blondes than Norway. In other words, Norway is still quite blonde.
I found another picture with one of the blondes you found attractive. I think you spot her:

Old 02-25-2015, 12:20 PM

90 posts, read 111,724 times
the mc1r gene doesnt always show through. although you can be a carrier it doesn't you would look like a ginger in skin tone. i know many people who have tanned skin, dark hair and eyes and have ginger sibings, or a ginger parent. i have a friend that has a ginger faternal twin brother but he has dark hair and eyes and tanned skin and he is 100% irish and this was in ireland and this is comman for someone to be a carrier and not be pale so although 40% are carrier (although you wish ireland was 75% carrier they're not) not all will exhibit pale skin. so to say that this amount are carriers so this exact amount are type 1 or 2 is ridiculous because not even all of them show pale skin. ireland is 20% type 1 and 35% type 2 the 45% are type 3. in ireland its cloudy a lot so a type 3 may be pretty pale and can tan becuase that what type 3 is. but in ireland its cloudy so this person doesnt have a tan and from what i have seen and i can tell the difference between a fake and real tan. 20% of the 45% of the irish that can tan are tanned.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:04 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,465,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveledtheworld View Post
the mc1r gene doesnt always show through. although you can be a carrier it doesn't you would look like a ginger in skin tone. i know many people who have tanned skin, dark hair and eyes and have ginger sibings, or a ginger parent. i have a friend that has a ginger faternal twin brother but he has dark hair and eyes and tanned skin and he is 100% irish and this was in ireland and this is comman for someone to be a carrier and not be pale so although 40% are carrier (although you wish ireland was 75% carrier they're not) not all will exhibit pale skin. so to say that this amount are carriers so this exact amount are type 1 or 2 is ridiculous because not even all of them show pale skin. ireland is 20% type 1 and 35% type 2 the 45% are type 3. in ireland its cloudy a lot so a type 3 may be pretty pale and can tan becuase that what type 3 is. but in ireland its cloudy so this person doesnt have a tan and from what i have seen and i can tell the difference between a fake and real tan. 20% of the 45% of the irish that can tan are tanned.
I don't wish, I know what I am talking about, it is a scientific proven fact. You are posting ignorant garbage.

Over 75% of the Irish people have "Celtic" complexion or skin tone. They are really pale, meaning they cannot or tan very little. At this frequency, it the double of the Northern European average.
This is supported by the Irish Ministry of Health and is also published in various medical journals.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...86956481,d.cWc

Additionally 75% of the Irish population has one variant of the MC1R, while some 30% have two variants of the MC1R gene. A scientific fact also published in medical journals. I stick to facts and reality, while you're living in an illusion.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...zejhZ8rmQC1JuQ

Ha!ha!ha!it is impossible for 45% of the Irish population to be able to tan well. 40% of Irish women get fake tans in the summer and are advised not to do it, due to the danger they are exposing their skin to develop skin cancers. If so many of the fair-skinned Irish people could tan, there would no need for such a high percentage to get fake tans. Facts are facts, that why I stick to them!

Last edited by saxonwold; 02-25-2015 at 07:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe