Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 08:49 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,283 times

Advertisements

What comes to immigrats I would like to say there are real nice people and good students and workers too. Lets not stigmatize everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 09:21 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xircal View Post
Finland doesn't sound like a nice place to live in for anybody, let alone asylum seekers: Migrant Tales / Speaking out for Others since 2007.
True. We are only the best country in the world: Human Capital Report 2015 - Reports - World Economic Forum

Winning in Winland.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:43 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,051 times
Germany uses the Konigstein quota system (here's an article to know more about it: http://http://www.verfassungsblog.de.../#.VVTGLvntmkp) for the distribution of migrants to its federal states, this quota system is calculated through a weighted addition of population (1/3) and tax revenue.

Yesterday i found an interesting graph regarding this which showed the difference between the actual situation and the eventuality of this method being adopted by the EU. Here's the graph, unortunately some of the data is written in German but the numbers are enough to understand which countries would benefit from this, the green (countries which would benefit from the implementation of this system) or orange (countries which would be disadvantaged by it) circles shows the current number, the blue circle the eventual number:

Last edited by improb; 05-14-2015 at 10:02 AM..

Old 05-14-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
True. We are only the best country in the world: Human Capital Report 2015 - Reports - World Economic Forum

Winning in Winland.
Okay, before choking into your sausage of self-satisfyism, there is first world hunger in finland also.

Whining in whinland

Old 05-14-2015, 10:00 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Okay, before choking into your sausage of self-satisfyism, there is first world hunger in finland also.

Whining in whinland
What do you mean with first world hunger?

I was merely replying to the idiotic "Finland doesn't sound like a nice place to live in for anybody" -statement.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:12 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,889,446 times
From what I read it seems that nonetheless it's up to Italy to establish the refugee status and ONLY THEN refugees will be divided according quotas.
In other words, it's as usual up to Italy to endure the work of rescuing, receiving, feeding and identifying the immigrants.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:38 PM

142 posts, read 242,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
As long as they move to Europe and not North America. I think Europeans should welcome the opportunity to make these people's lives better.
I would move many of the to North America. North America should have the solidarity to welcome Theese people. USA own everything to europeans as it was founded by europeans.

USA has the space. To welcome them

Old 05-14-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
What do you mean with first world hunger?

I was merely replying to the idiotic "Finland doesn't sound like a nice place to live in for anybody" -statement.
Check my post of first worlds hunger from earlier page EU proposes quotas for asylum seekers

"It is not just Eastern or Southern Europe; it is across the European Union, people in Luxembourg and Finland... Public support services begin to fail and people run out of all support mechanisms, so they come to the church or the Red Cross," said Eberhard Lueder, who heads the Red Cross's European Union unit."

Europe

I saw the origin of your answer. But when a country has first worlds hunger problems, I would not be too proud of holding worlds first place of anything. It might be good place to live for rich people but if asking those who need red cross food aid, the answer might be different. I just did not see the need of creating the perfect picture of worlds "best" or humanly place. By whining I meant all are not winners as you claim, those who are hungry might whine and do it for reason.

"Human capital" - humanity - hunger .. If you are able to catch the irony.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:32 PM

1,398 posts, read 1,488,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xircal View Post
Finland doesn't sound like a nice place to live in for anybody, let alone asylum seekers: Migrant Tales / Speaking out for Others since 2007.
yes it's mostly alcohol fueled homicides and racism around here. if you are a refugee, please don't come

PS. go to Sweden instead

Old 05-14-2015, 02:36 PM

1,398 posts, read 1,488,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
I hope information of first worlds hunger is able to reach these people. There is no much sense going on right now, prices are going so high that sometimes even 2 persons full job household is not able survive.

I recommend to study subject of "first world hunger"

Why is there food insecurity in wealthy countries?
"We're food secure societies that produce enough. It's a lack of access to it. Many people just don't have the money in their pockets to go into stores and buy the food they need. This is where the question of rights come in. If you have jobs, but they're not paying enough, you're in trouble. It's very much an income problem, and that's the result of a failure of public policy. There's a question of whether government has lost its moral compass."
How Hunger Became a First World Problem | The Tyee

This is Europe too, sadly

There are food stores which put leftovers of their unsold food into trashcan, they lock them up meanwhile people are starving.

European (also white people) are starving, unemployed, students, workers, people are starving. Only rich people are not starving. When there is lower european class who cannot afford living and enough food, how it could be possible to take more people in?

"Hunger and food and insecurity should be understood as a human rights issue.
The right to food approach is derived from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights and everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person."

This is what leaders and schools are teaching in "first worlds countries".

This is what it looks like in first worlds countries:

EU:s food aid to eu citizens Europe

Roughly 40 million Europeans are suffering "severe material deprivation" according to data from the European Commission, with the same number unable to afford a meal with meat every second day. In total, 116 million EU citizens are judged "at risk of poverty or social exclusion."

meanwhile:

"
Food Waste Over 100 million tonnes of food are wasted annually in the EU (2014 estimate). If nothing is done, food waste is expected to rise to about 126 million tonnes by 2020.

The central goal of EU food safety policy is to protect both human and animal health. We cannot compromise on these standards but, in co-operation with Member States and stakeholders, are looking for every opportunity to prevent food waste and strengthen sustainability of the food system."

Food Waste - European Commission
no problems like this in Finland. next time you could google which countries are actually seen as first world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe