Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 08:09 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,352,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
The German police can't even post pictures of a suspect. How was anybody supposed to recognize him?
What? Of course they published pictures of him.

https://twitter.com/BMJV_Bund/status/811628295703949312
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 10:26 AM

749 posts, read 858,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
It is what it is. Florence, Paris, Barcelona, Rome, etc are littered with pickpockets and muggers unlike any tourist destination in the US. Pretty much all train stations in southern Europe have more than their share of this crap.
Have you ever heard of the skid row in Los Angeles?

Old 12-24-2016, 10:41 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
I started a thread about poor law enforcement and penalties in Germany being effected by liberal politicians and news media. The thread was very quickly closed down. Wonder why?
I have to agree with you. Today the German's police union spokesperson pointed out the difference between police officers respect and image in Italy and Germany. The italian prime minister thanked the police officers involved in the shooting that killed the terrorist for their service and honoured them. In Germany,they would have first started an investigation if it was good or bad to kill the terrorist or if it wouldn't be better to just let the terrorist kill the police officers first.

Believe me, it is not that the law enforcement officers don't want it, but whenever they try to defend our values and innocent peoples life they are risking to be fired or worse. Politics does not support them, courts do not support them. They are just locked up somewhere between all the filth in the streets and unemployment or jail for themselves.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:07 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,055,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
What? Of course they published pictures of him.

https://twitter.com/BMJV_Bund/status/811628295703949312
German Media Posts Photo of Berlin Terror Suspect With Face Obscured | Fortune.com

Old 12-24-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
Yes, it's a real tourist hotbed. Everybody who visits LA goes there.

Old 12-25-2016, 01:46 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,352,746 times
The Ministry of Justice and the police published the full name, two photos and a detailed description of Anis Amri. I posted a link to that.

The pictures as posted above were virtually everywhere. The fortune article is clearly bogus.

Old 12-25-2016, 02:18 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,338,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
The Ministry of Justice and the police published the full name, two photos and a detailed description of Anis Amri. I posted a link to that.

The pictures as posted above were virtually everywhere. The fortune article is clearly bogus.
Hamburg authorities delayed the search for Amri due to fears of the reaction in social networks:

https://www.abendblatt.de/hamburg/ar...blockiert.html

Berlin lorry attack: Police feared haters so DIDN'T post pic of wanted man | Daily Star

By the way:

The Paki refugee that was caught erroneously and released soon afterwards was also known to the police for sexual offense plus he had multiple identities, I hope they deport him.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
Hamburg authorities delayed the search for Amri due to fears of the reaction in social networks:

https://www.abendblatt.de/hamburg/ar...blockiert.html

Berlin lorry attack: Police feared haters so DIDN'T post pic of wanted man | Daily Star

By the way:

The Paki refugee that was caught erroneously and released soon afterwards was also known to the police for sexual offense plus he had multiple identities, I hope they deport him.
Political correctness run amok.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:37 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,465,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
I don't judge what kind of tourism you are into, but skid row is not considered one of our tourist attractions. Never was, as a matter of fact.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:57 AM

8,873 posts, read 8,467,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
I have to agree with you. Today the German's police union spokesperson pointed out the difference between police officers respect and image in Italy and Germany. The italian prime minister thanked the police officers involved in the shooting that killed the terrorist for their service and honoured them. In Germany,they would have first started an investigation if it was good or bad to kill the terrorist or if it wouldn't be better to just let the terrorist kill the police officers first.

Believe me, it is not that the law enforcement officers don't want it, but whenever they try to defend our values and innocent peoples life they are risking to be fired or worse. Politics does not support them, courts do not support them. They are just locked up somewhere between all the filth in the streets and unemployment or jail for themselves.

Sorry but not everyone enjoys living in a gendarme state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe