Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best food?
Spain 27 23.08%
Italy 69 58.97%
Greece 21 17.95%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 02:25 PM

7,217 posts, read 3,091,145 times

Advertisements

Easy Italy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 02:59 PM

400 posts, read 422,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
Italian food is not healthy, but Italian lifestyle is.
Look at the 'the economist' magazine this month. There's a chart there showing that Italy has the lowest obese ( less than 10% of people with 30% overweight). So how can a place with so little obesity have 'unhealthy' food ?? Don't think so, mate.

Apparently, according to the article, the first most obese country in europe is Hungary, 2nd UK.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:36 PM

345 posts, read 269,119 times
Lifestyle..Italian eat mostly crap -wheat-but are obsessed with weight, shape, etc. They also walk, etc.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:18 PM

526 posts, read 376,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urania93 View Post
That was not his point, he meant to say that many italian restaurants abroad have a really little variety of recipes if compared to ours. We also have a really large regional variability, that abroad is often ignored. He also pointed out that some dishes internationally labeled as italian food are actually different from any local dish (many recipes underwent deep changes and mixing if compared to the original recipes we remained stuck with).

About the differences between home cooking and restaurant cooking, I would not say that the difference is so striking in here. Actually, the most of restaurants I know propose the same dishes that we are used to eat at home for Sunday or during the festivities. Sometimes restaurants add some little variations in order to make a dish appear more modern, but the variation is usually minimal.
Exact, that was what I mean!!

Old 06-11-2017, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papuolo View Post
Lifestyle..Italian eat mostly crap -wheat-but are obsessed with weight, shape, etc. They also walk, etc.
What do you mean with 'crap'?

Old 06-12-2017, 03:14 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,293,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookyhere View Post
Look at the 'the economist' magazine this month. There's a chart there showing that Italy has the lowest obese ( less than 10% of people with 30% overweight). So how can a place with so little obesity have 'unhealthy' food ?? Don't think so, mate.

Apparently, according to the article, the first most obese country in europe is Hungary, 2nd UK.
Depends where you go. When I was in Naples many people were overweight. Far from US levels for sure, but it's not like everyone looks like a model.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:14 PM

345 posts, read 269,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste68 View Post
What do you mean with 'crap'?
Wheat.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papuolo View Post
Wheat.
It's true!!! Our diet includes bread and pasta...we are Italians!!!!

Old 06-16-2017, 03:24 PM

400 posts, read 422,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
Depends where you go. When I was in Naples many people were overweight. Far from US levels for sure, but it's not like everyone looks like a model.
Oh, I know that. Been there probably > 10 times over a span of 20 years so I'm well aware of the fact that people don't like models. I do recall, though, that they were very attentive in matters of diet and seemed to be really interested in food generally. Pizza was and still is one of my favorites and when i was overdosing on it one of my relatives cautioned me to avoid eating it too often as it make me feel to bloated. I was a kid, for god sake.

Also told me to cut down on my soda consumption...and this guy at the time would have been in his mid-20s at the time so I recall wondering why he'd give a damn about stuff like diet at his age. I wasn't allowed to snack between meals ( ... a very good practice, btw, if you want to keep your weight down) and most of my meals were pretty well balanced between proteins, veg, and carbs. I had a great grandmother.

All three are great..honestly can't decide. I just love Greek lamb dishes, pasticcio, all those pureed fish dips, tzatziki (the real stuff in greece is sublime), fresh feta (fantastic). Also had many wonderful dishes in spain, whose names I can't recall for some reason.

Old 06-18-2017, 12:59 PM

23 posts, read 16,784 times
Italian food is the best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe