Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 09:17 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,861,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
That's fair. I don't personally feel the pain of every Syrian who dies, it is a distant conflict for me (though I have family in Iran where the conflict could potentially reach).
I just get frustrated with all my fellow Americans who buy into the government narrative that we're the good guys and they're the bad. There seems to be no more critical thinking in this country anymore.
Bad guys: using chemicals to wipe out residents in suburbs

Good guys: bombing those chemical weapons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 09:55 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,436,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

Good guys: Fight a corrupt regime in Yemen

Bad Guys: Carpet bomb the rebels, destroy schools and hospitals, blockade foreign aid and cause a famine

Old 04-14-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:

Bad Guys: Arm and fund terrorists who execute children https://www.thedailybeast.com/us-bac...ld-near-aleppo

Good Guys: kill the terrorists

Old 04-14-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:

Bad Guys: use white phosphorus
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rO4C-i6RQ-0 (United States)

Good Guys: help the country the bad guys are hurting (Iran)

Old 04-14-2018, 10:02 PM

Do you want me to keep going?

Old 04-14-2018, 10:06 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,861,761 times
America armed and funded the SDF. Nobody beheaded there. Just flying their own flags and running their part of Syria without fear of secret police kidnapping them. You are mixing up fact with fiction...with some Russian propaganda thrown in.

Old 04-14-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
America armed and funded the SDF. Nobody beheaded there. Just flying their own flags and running their part of Syria without fear of secret police kidnapping them. You are mixing up fact with fiction...with some Russian propaganda thrown in.
The SDF is an umbrella term the encompasses many terrorist groups (including the one I attacked a link to) and some Kurds.

the rest of your response has no content in it so there is nothing else for me to say.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:01 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,686,361 times
Nobody is pure as soon as they now there's a war somewhere.

Russia should start by giving back some lands of Ukraine before saying USA France and Uk act like hooligans.

But these three do act like hooligans. Getting into a business that isn't theirs. OTH, when they don't move, everyone is crazy, when they move everyone is crazy.

There's a war of propaganda, be happy, Syria announced that 2/3 of the cruise missiles where destroyed and 3 people wounded. Nobody killed by these 100 cruise missiles. Cool.

Yemen then, what about the poor Yemen that nobody cares about?
But nobody will attack Saudi Arabia because it's a strategic ally for multiple reasons, more than Yemen.
Even China, providing North Korea for years and ready to invade Taiwan should sh*t *p. The budget of the army of China is exploding, its not to sell flowers.

And if the pure S. Koreans and Japaneses are fair and defenders of the 'good' then they can save Yemen themselves. Then can help Bachar. After all, not moving = you accept what's happening. Else you just chut.

Basically everyone should just sh*t *p because everyone is just obeying to their interests and aren't as pure as they say. Behind every war are businesses and political interests.

Those who aren't happy about it are free to leave this world of humans, ruled by humans, that just reflect how bad humans are.

'snow-white' countries don't exist. Because clean wars are good for dreamers.

Still, Russia waving its arms because West is doing in Syria what they did in Donbass (give weapons to rebels) is really funny.
I would be on the Russian side if they didn't steal Crimea.
Oups, they did.

Who's your model Winterfall? What country could say f*** you all and would be legit to do so?

You can remove already all of those who are aware of the multiple dramas around the world, saying 'oh, that's bad, stop' and that's all.
You can remove agressors, USA France UK Russia... China? Let's see what happens if Taiwan decides to be independent. Let's see if China is terrible.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:30 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,198,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I know I’m hard on the Germans but at least they’re not abetting in war crimes like the thug Macron.
OMG!!!! What must you think of Americans. Ouch!

Old 04-15-2018, 05:11 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,047,932 times
I am not nearly as concerned about the morality or immorality of these strikes as I am about their potential role in an escalation of tensions with Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe