Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2021, 11:59 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,392,496 times

Advertisements

At the moment, Estonia is in the worst position in the world in terms of covid.
Here, my thanks go to the stupid Estonian anti waxxers and the right-liberal Reform Party what is in the government and what has not imposed sufficiently strict restrictions and has not supervised the residents to comply with these loose restrictions. Estonians are egoistic and careless, voluntarily the majority of the population does not follow here any "strongly recommended" things and recommendations. It is a little scary to live in a country inhabited by reckless savages and ruled by a right-liberal government that already in principle does not care whether you are alive or dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2021, 12:43 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,036,010 times
I think according to some western media sources Bulgaria was top 3 the worst in the world in terms of deaths recently, I had it too and it was a very "pro-lgbt virus", I'm not surprised western europe pays so much attention to it. That is: immediately after I felt nausea and kind of vomit I grabbed the weights and started lifting, in other words: I felt healthy, so much about "dangerous covid". Even my cat had it and he is old but still fine. I mean we can't be as far right as Poland and Hungary, nor have the money and nukes of Russia but we can be unvaccinated - that is we have something to trigger Brussel, Germany and the EU so I'm happy lol.

Old 11-02-2021, 05:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,119,344 times
I'm wondering why there's a sudden uptick in both cases and deaths in Germany. Ugh. I'm trying to go there for Christmas to see my daughter who I haven't seen in over a year, due to the pandemic.

I'm so tired of all this and so sad that we just can't seem to shake this thing worldwide.

Old 11-02-2021, 06:12 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,062,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm wondering why there's a sudden uptick in both cases and deaths in Germany. Ugh. I'm trying to go there for Christmas to see my daughter who I haven't seen in over a year, due to the pandemic.

I'm so tired of all this and so sad that we just can't seem to shake this thing worldwide.
It could be because they've eased some restrictions? Here in the UK we removed all restrictions in July and (unsurprisingly) there was a surge in cases, its only because the vaccine prevented people from also getting hospitalised and subsequently dying in high numbers that the country didn't have to return to any forms of 'restrictions', there has been another 'surge' in cases when the kids went back to school, this is because the kids have not been vaccinated, we know this because they returned earlier in Scotland than the rest of the UK and the uptick happened in Scotland first, however because they are more resistant to Covid hospitalisations again have not risen to a point where it may overstretch the health system, so again no return to restrictions.

It could be the same in Germany? Because the EU was slower than the UK in vaccinations it is a little bit behind on the trajectory, perhaps in Germany they have now vaccinated enough of the vulnerable to start to remove some more restrictions?

If you are vaccinated I don't think you need worry about your trip over there.

Old 11-02-2021, 08:53 AM

9,400 posts, read 14,347,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm wondering why there's a sudden uptick in both cases and deaths in Germany. Ugh. I'm trying to go there for Christmas to see my daughter whom I haven't seen in over a year, due to the pandemic.

Hi Karen, you know full well that these mitigative shots ("vaccines") are not effective against infection (cases); they mitigate the risk of hospitalization and death.

Still, an increase in infections will filter through into an increase in deaths among vulnerable people.

By now, a significant chunk of this is seasonal: e.g. Florida was the hotspot during the summer, like it was the year before, when half the world congregates in Disneyland and thereabouts in an orgy of super-spreader events, but now that people are back at school and work it is down to fewer than 1,000 cases per day and the hotspots in the US are all northern states, as well as northern Europe, where people are cramped indoors.

The mitigative shots help, but by themselves they are not going to shake this thing worldwide.

It is just another risk that people have to manage the best they can, with help from others, to be sure.

But most of all by helping themselves whom God loves.

Good Luck!

Old 11-02-2021, 09:16 AM

8,874 posts, read 8,471,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
At the moment, Estonia is in the worst position in the world in terms of covid.
I thought it was Romania and Bulgaria.

Eastern Europe's covid response collectively has been a complete disaster from the very beginning. Seems like people are very anti-science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
I think according to some western media sources Bulgaria was top 3 the worst in the world in terms of deaths recently, I had it too and it was a very "pro-lgbt virus", I'm not surprised western europe pays so much attention to it. That is: immediately after I felt nausea and kind of vomit I grabbed the weights and started lifting, in other words: I felt healthy, so much about "dangerous covid". Even my cat had it and he is old but still fine. I mean we can't be as far right as Poland and Hungary, nor have the money and nukes of Russia but we can be unvaccinated - that is we have something to trigger Brussel, Germany and the EU so I'm happy lol.
You are insane.

Old 11-02-2021, 12:15 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,119,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Hi Karen, you know full well that these mitigative shots ("vaccines") are not effective against infection (cases); they mitigate the risk of hospitalization and death.

Still, an increase in infections will filter through into an increase in deaths among vulnerable people.

By now, a significant chunk of this is seasonal: e.g. Florida was the hotspot during the summer, like it was the year before, when half the world congregates in Disneyland and thereabouts in an orgy of super-spreader events, but now that people are back at school and work it is down to fewer than 1,000 cases per day and the hotspots in the US are all northern states, as well as northern Europe, where people are cramped indoors.

The mitigative shots help, but by themselves they are not going to shake this thing worldwide.

It is just another risk that people have to manage the best they can, with help from others, to be sure.

Good Luck!
My name's not Karen.

Was this supposed to be a helpful post?

Old 11-02-2021, 12:21 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,575,506 times
If the rate of deaths in the US was currently the same as the rate per million in Romania, (maybe Bulgaria too), then instead of the current 1,000 deaths per day in the US, we would be seeing 7,000.

Old 11-02-2021, 02:59 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,036,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post

Eastern Europe's covid response collectively has been a complete disaster from the very beginning. Seems like people are very anti-science.

Yeah anti-science like Copernicus, another white eastern european who gave us the knowledge about the place of earth in the universe...actually in his times the dogma was the christian church but since no one takes christianity seriously these days the dogma is the west.

Old 11-02-2021, 03:04 PM

14,822 posts, read 12,062,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post

Good Luck!
People are 'cramped indoors'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe