Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Are More Attractive On Average, Turkish Women Or German Women?
Turkish Women 13 37.14%
German Women 22 62.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 08:56 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,030,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
She looks Eastern European to me. ( Ukrainian/Russian; possibly Romanian.)
She is probably had great grandparents from Eastern Europe who forefathers were Slavic Muslim converts and moved into Turkey, during the fall of the Ottoman empire in Europe.

Last edited by herenow1; 12-28-2020 at 09:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 09:36 PM

26,832 posts, read 22,622,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
She is probably had great grandparents from Eastern Europe who forefathers were Slavic Muslim converts and moved into Turkey, during the fall of the Ottoman empire in Europe.

OR, more realistically I ascribe it to a slave trade.

"The slave trade was the backbone of the economy of the Crimean Khanate.[30][31] However, some historians are of the opinion that the role of the slave trade in the economy of the Crimean Khanate is greatly exaggerated by modern historians, and the raiding economy is nothing but a historical myth.[32]
The Crimeans frequently mounted raids into the Danubian principalities, Poland-Lithuania, and Muscovy to enslave people whom they could capture; for each captive, the khan received a fixed share (savğa) of 10% or 20%. These campaigns by Crimean forces were either sefers ("sojourns"), officially declared military operations led by the khans themselves, or çapuls ("despoiling"), raids undertaken by groups of noblemen, sometimes illegally because they contravened treaties concluded by the khans with neighbouring rulers.
For a long time, until the early 18th century, the khanate maintained a massive slave trade with the Ottoman Empire and the Middle East, exporting about 2 million slaves from Russia and Poland-Lithuania over the period 1500–1700.[33] Caffa (an Ottoman city on Crimean peninsula) was one of the best known and significant trading ports and slave markets,"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimea...te#Slave_trade

That's where this "blond look" that Turks like to claim as "their own" comes from in my opinion - from Europeans abducted from their native lands.

Old 12-28-2020, 09:46 PM

11,626 posts, read 6,086,967 times
I can't decide. Send some of each to my house, and I will research which ones I like better.

Old 12-29-2020, 01:58 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,030,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
OR, more realistically I ascribe it to a slave trade.

"The slave trade was the backbone of the economy of the Crimean Khanate.[30][31] However, some historians are of the opinion that the role of the slave trade in the economy of the Crimean Khanate is greatly exaggerated by modern historians, and the raiding economy is nothing but a historical myth.[32]
The Crimeans frequently mounted raids into the Danubian principalities, Poland-Lithuania, and Muscovy to enslave people whom they could capture; for each captive, the khan received a fixed share (savğa) of 10% or 20%. These campaigns by Crimean forces were either sefers ("sojourns"), officially declared military operations led by the khans themselves, or çapuls ("despoiling"), raids undertaken by groups of noblemen, sometimes illegally because they contravened treaties concluded by the khans with neighbouring rulers.
For a long time, until the early 18th century, the khanate maintained a massive slave trade with the Ottoman Empire and the Middle East, exporting about 2 million slaves from Russia and Poland-Lithuania over the period 1500–1700.[33] Caffa (an Ottoman city on Crimean peninsula) was one of the best known and significant trading ports and slave markets,"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimea...te#Slave_trade

That's where this "blond look" that Turks like to claim as "their own" comes from in my opinion - from Europeans abducted from their native lands.
Yep, and quite a number of Sultans wives or concubinage were East European women that were captured slaves. There are also Turks that have very dark skin. Also in a part of the Southern Russia, when the Ottomans ruled, before the Russian conquest of that region, they brought some black African slaves to live there.

Yet I have also met naturally blonde hair, blue eyed Lebanese people. I have also encountered very dark skinned Romanians. There are diversified people in all countries..

Last edited by herenow1; 12-29-2020 at 02:10 AM..

Old 01-16-2021, 11:51 AM

32 posts, read 18,827 times
Some German women are attractive, some arent.

Same with Turkish women.

This childish threads are ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe