Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2021, 08:57 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,133,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
The relationship between Chinese and Uyghurs has been going on for over 1000 years. There are no unambiguously good or bad people in this story.
Surely you understand that sterilizing women, and crating slave labor camps is not a "relationship," and there is no justification for it?

These are the people that the previous poster is holding up as a moral authority. It is delusional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2021, 09:07 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,880,523 times
Slave labor is the path forward for China. They have an interesting demographic bubble of working age adults working and creating a boom with few dependents on the high and lower side. That last year of China's insanely huge double baby boom is turning 31 this year. The first year is turning 59. They either need to reform their retirement system, and quick, or they will be in a world of trouble in 10 years. Or maybe they will just keep working like the Japanese do.

Not that Europe is doing much better...

Old 02-09-2021, 11:53 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,259,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Surely you understand that sterilizing women, and crating slave labor camps is not a "relationship," and there is no justification for it?

These are the people that the previous poster is holding up as a moral authority. It is delusional.
I recommend not to trust Western media when they write about Russia, China, Syria, Ukraine. Sometimes this is nonsense, but usually this is propaganda. Study the issue from different angles. Why did the camps arise, what kind of fertility problems China has. I think you will find out that birth control is limited not to only Uygurs, this is the global policy of the state.

Old 02-10-2021, 12:27 AM

40 posts, read 27,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Perhaps you should too. I don't believe the Uighur victimology for one second. I do believe that certain elements in Uighur society like to knife people though. Remember the attacks? I do. I saw them.
And we are all done! Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Old 02-10-2021, 03:44 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,438,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

Not that Europe is doing much better...
One more time, but not the last.
Europe is not a country.

Old 02-10-2021, 05:53 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,880,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
One more time, but not the last.
Europe is not a country.
It is however a union of countries, including for trading purposes which is the subject of this thread.

Old 02-10-2021, 08:16 PM

7,401 posts, read 4,188,268 times
Quote:
The relationship between Chinese and Uyghurs has been going on for over 1000 years. There are no unambiguously good or bad people in this story.

Yes, nothing to see here but . . .

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN2A338W

Old 02-10-2021, 08:51 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,133,046 times
Quote:
I recommend not to trust Western media when they write about Russia, China, Syria, Ukraine. Sometimes this is nonsense, but usually this is propaganda. Study the issue from different angles. Why did the camps arise, what kind of fertility problems China has. I think you will find out that birth control is limited not to only Uygurs, this is the global policy of the state.
And I recommend that you take your head out of the sand.

Old 02-10-2021, 10:13 PM

939 posts, read 427,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
If my math is correct, that is roughly $71 a year of Chinese "trade" per person in China. What is the big deal. The vast majority of trade in Europe is within Europe, followed by the USA and then China. The Eurasian continent isn't organized into any kind of structure that a normal person would call a power. Its a landmass with the most people on it.
From what I know. I have family in Germany. They place very little value on Chinese garbage products.

Old 02-11-2021, 04:33 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,259,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Oh yes, U.S. The State Department is a trusted source of information.

Do you know that Ukraine closed 3 opposition television channels a couple of days ago? Is this freedom of speech? Have you heard a words of condemnation from the State Department?

Stop posting propaganda and try to study the issue from different angles. Maybe you will be right in the end, but this will be a full-fledged analysis, not a propaganda repost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe