Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 09:37 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,472,723 times

Advertisements

There's no stopping it. 100s of billions in central and Eastern Europe. Over 100 billion in trade with Russia alone.
The Eurasian continent is the next power with China at the helm.

https://www.rt.com/business/514815-c...estern-europe/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2021, 02:05 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,258,589 times
Today I went to post office for a couple of parcels from China (rtl-sdr receiver and wire for charging iPhone for $ 2).

Old 02-06-2021, 02:09 PM

61,914 posts, read 87,471,218 times
Would you complain if that happened to the US , not China?

Old 02-06-2021, 02:14 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,510,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
He's not complaining, he's gloating. Scratt is delighted to see American influence wane, if you could even call t that (I see nothing special about this deal).

Old 02-06-2021, 02:32 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,258,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
He's not complaining, he's gloating. Scratt is delighted to see American influence wane, if you could even call t that (I see nothing special about this deal).
The world is changing. Russia, Europe and US must become allies if European civilization wants to remain competitive in the new world. But for now, we (our countries) prefer to quarrel.

Old 02-06-2021, 03:59 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,879,637 times
If my math is correct, that is roughly $71 a year of Chinese "trade" per person in China. What is the big deal. The vast majority of trade in Europe is within Europe, followed by the USA and then China. The Eurasian continent isn't organized into any kind of structure that a normal person would call a power. Its a landmass with the most people on it.

Old 02-06-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I'm not complaining. I am rubbing in the fact the the only country that seems to be capable of putting human stupidity on its heels and actually make progress seems to be China.

All the major powers of the world (especially the WESTERN world) seems to be capable of is building enough nuclear weapons to sterilize this planet 20 times over.
All the petty, meaningless and divisive politics of Europe have done nothing for humanity either. Poland has aspirations of a new PLC, Nazis run amuck in Ukraine and Russia for no good reason is vilified at every turn.
Civil war in Ukraine, the destruction of Yugoslavia, the ongoing occupation of Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan and the rotting of my own society (America) tells me that if humanity is to progress then for me the current leader in making that happen is China.

There is your answer also MWR. America does not deserve to lead. America can't solve Americas problems let alone the worlds. You are also correct in thinking I do not respect my country. I am not a blind patriot. My respect has to be earned

Old 02-06-2021, 08:24 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,132,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I'm not complaining. I am rubbing in the fact the the only country that seems to be capable of putting human stupidity on its heels and actually make progress seems to be China.

All the major powers of the world (especially the WESTERN world) seems to be capable of is building enough nuclear weapons to sterilize this planet 20 times over.
All the petty, meaningless and divisive politics of Europe have done nothing for humanity either. Poland has aspirations of a new PLC, Nazis run amuck in Ukraine and Russia for no good reason is vilified at every turn.
Civil war in Ukraine, the destruction of Yugoslavia, the ongoing occupation of Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan and the rotting of my own society (America) tells me that if humanity is to progress then for me the current leader in making that happen is China.

There is your answer also MWR. America does not deserve to lead. America can't solve Americas problems let alone the worlds. You are also correct in thinking I do not respect my country. I am not a blind patriot. My respect has to be earned
Perhaps China can solve the rest of the world's problems as they are doing for the Uighurs--by sterilizing their women and putting them in concentration camps?

Seriously, I would say that there is ignorance in the post, but it is really more of willful self-loathing. Perhaps actually research something about China before proclaiming them a moral authority.

Old 02-06-2021, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Perhaps China can solve the rest of the world's problems as they are doing for the Uighurs--by sterilizing their women and putting them in concentration camps?

Seriously, I would say that there is ignorance in the post, but it is really more of willful self-loathing. Perhaps actually research something about China before proclaiming them a moral authority.
Perhaps you should too. I don't believe the Uighur victimology for one second. I do believe that certain elements in Uighur society like to knife people though. Remember the attacks? I do. I saw them.

I never said China was a moral authority on anything. There aren't many nations that can claim that. Certainly not mine after killing 100s of thousands of Iraqis and millions of VietNamese for nothing.

Old 02-06-2021, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
If my math is correct, that is roughly $71 a year of Chinese "trade" per person in China. What is the big deal. The vast majority of trade in Europe is within Europe, followed by the USA and then China. The Eurasian continent isn't organized into any kind of structure that a normal person would call a power. Its a landmass with the most people on it.
Well DUH!!

China is organizing it. It will take another 20 years. Unlike America China is improving the lot of billions of people not keeping them in the gutter and servile like America does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe